Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Two late amendments killed deal': Fitton  (Read 7463 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 10:55:31 »

Yeah I have been looking on the adver website and found nothing...link please.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 10:55:32 »

Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Quote from: "Fogster"
According to the adver, James Wills is holding talks with Fittons advisors to try and rescue the deal.Lets get those fingers crossed.

Where does it say that?

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.1888770.0.town_attempt_to_resurrect_fitton_deal.php

COME ON ANDY BOY
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 10:56:45 »

Well well well. Looks like the crawl back on hands and knees has stared in earnest!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 10:57:04 »

To be honest i think that Andrew Fitton has got the measure of MD and his cronies, AF holds all the aces and has called their bluff. Jabba the greek can only hold out for so long. AF should say" you will get what i am offering you or you will get fuck all when the club is liquidised, take or leave it"

Sad to say, i must be on my way
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 10:57:20 »

Together? Or just both in Ramsbury/

Grouse for lunch, perhaps.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 10:58:21 »

Come on you Andy Fitton!!

(Jeez.  I never thought I'd cheer a business negotiation.)
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 10:58:56 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
Can anyone think of a reason that Wills may have for taking us under?  I can't.  This may well be brinkmanship...pure & simple.  The cards Wills is holding are all duds.  I can't work out how he thinks he's going to win this.  Unless of course he's completely deluded.

Looks like he is completely deluded, seems to me that because Power, Best Holdings, and now Fitton have all tried to buy the club Wills has been convinced by Diamandis that its worth money.

Not so long ago he was threatening to walk away if criticised. jog on then Wills you muppet.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 10:59:28 »

Town attempt to resurrect Fitton deal
Exclusive By Owen Houlihan
Comment | Read Comments (2)
TOWN owners were today holding talks with Andrew Fitton's consortium in an attempt to resurrect the Wiltshire businessman's takeover bid for the club.

The Swindon Advertiser understands that James Wills was in meetings with members of Fitton's buying group to try and get the deal back on.

A spokesman for the club said this morning: "James Wills will be meeting with members of the Andrew Fitton consortium today and they are hoping there will be a positive outcome.''

advertisement
 As first revealed by www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk, Fitton pulled the plug yesterday morning declaring his bid "a dead deal", leaving Town with up to £5million of debts and the clock ticking on their future.

He blamed the breakdown on two suggested changes to the agreed deal and insisted the club was "too messy" for him to conclude a deal.

Fitton added Town's owners would need to "crawl back on their hands and knees" to resurrect any deal.

Town directors appealed to the Wills family to urgently provide funds to keep the club trading but were also urging the majority shareholders to perform a U-turn and "reach agreement with Fitton" for the sake of the Robins' future.

There have also been unconfirmed reports that members of the Town board were on the brink of resigning.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 11:04:25 »

Lets hope Fitton has played a blinder - the mention of a backer in the consortium worth millions certainly hit home with me. Fingers bloody crossed again
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 11:06:33 »

Quote from: "wheretherealredsare"
Together? Or just both in Ramsbury/

Grouse for lunch, perhaps.

Don't know, just know they're lunching ...
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 11:06:43 »

Mike D will not 'crawl back on his hands & knees'. He is too stubborn. As we've seen with Bill Power/BEST it's either his way or no way. The only way this will get resurrected is if the Wills ditch their 'advisor'. Which I can't see happening. They need to realise the club is worth fuck all & take whats on the table from Fitton before it's too late.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 11:11:20 »

I think that Mikey boy will be taken out of the equation, It not his money that is about to be pissed down the drain .

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 11:11:37 »

Even if MD is ditched does he not hold enough shares to prevent the acquisition of a controlling 75% stake, as required by AF?
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 11:12:19 »

Not sure to be honest.

Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 7, 2007, 11:13:49 »

Quote from: "wheretherealredsare"
Even if MD is ditched does he not hold enough shares to prevent the acquisition of a controlling 75% stake, as required by AF?

From what I remember SSW/MD hold somewhere between 70/75% between them so I think MD's shares could be crucial.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: