Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: a rant  (Read 2563 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 13:14:01 »

Paynter was poor, but the ball was being punted at his head a lot and he was coming deep so the ball was being played to his feet. Playing against a defender like Mkandawire he was always gonna be up against it... He seemed like his head was elsewhere at times, unusual for Billy.
kevjoycreed

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 16:57:59 »

Brez = Better than last 2 games, seems low on confidence so hopefully will continue to improve.
Minge = Poor positionally, but handled the pace of their No 20 (can't remember the name) well.
Ifil = Awsome in defence, Awfull in distribution (nuff said).
Aljofree = Agree with the safety first comment, keeps it simple and kills the threat. Distribution could be a bit more inventive.
Zaboub = Surprisingly good given the last few showings. Seemed mostly interested and Orient looked very uncomfortable when he ran at them.
JPM = Wingers belong on the wing, simple as. Drifted in far too much due to never getting the ball given to him in the right areas.
Easton = Another solid performance, chased everything got up and down from box to box, could have more of his chances.
Adams = Started Ok, made some really good challenges early on, clearly lacking in match fitness and therefore should have been replaced in the second half.
Peacock = Given the ridiculous position he was expected to play had a fairly good night. As DV said, he was put there to do a job and mostly did it, would have prefered to see him move infield to replace Adams with Roberts taking up the wide left.
Paynter = As others said, given the poor supply did Ok but has been better.
Cox = Worked his arse off again.

Corr = Won plenty in the air but Cox was dead on his feet by then and could not chase.
Pook = Did well, linked the back four to the front two well, worked hard, can't ask for much more given the short time he was on.
Roberts = Should have been on for longer.

To be fair both teams seemed fairly evenly matched, neither took their chances, both defended well and neither team got to grips with and bossed the centre of the field. Both teams played passages of really good give and go quick passing football but then lacked the inventiveness or clinical ability to finish the job off.
Not the best performance of the season, but I doubt it will be the worst.
Main positive.............................
At least they worked till the final whistle and got a point, lesser teams would have given up and accepted the defeat.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 17:55:44 »

The game was crying out for Roberts

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 22:25:16 »

I didn't go but from what I've read and seen sometimes this season I think Dave could be believed.

here's the man himself when you need him?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: