Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Footy Manager 08  (Read 71470 times)
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #735 on: Friday, July 4, 2008, 23:06:47 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
Maybe you just need to defrag your machine or something OAF.

Possibly, i know that it is nothing to do with spyware or a virus as i always have my AVG anti spyware and anti virus running.
sonic youth

« Reply #736 on: Friday, July 4, 2008, 23:22:49 »

yeah because that will definitely prevent everything.

i suggest formatting. and then shooting yourself.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #737 on: Friday, July 4, 2008, 23:34:38 »

Quote from: "OneAndrewFitton"
Quote from: "Chubbs"
My football manager game seems to run slow, anyone know why?

My comp is a 2.8ghz with 1.5gb ram and a 250gb hard drive.

I am running 5 leagues with a huge database but it shouldn't be this slow.

Any ideas? cheers.

What OS are you using?

5 leagues with huge DB is a lot, do you run anything eles when playing |FM? i find when playing FM, WMP,MSN and IE slow it down a lot

Windows XP SP3, I've got some more memory coming this morning so i have have 2gb ram.

I don't run anything else when FM is on as i know everything would slow down, IMO it should be a lot faster than it is on my pc.

Processor isn't good enough to run all that. Crazy huh?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #738 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 10:01:12 »

Quote from: "Chubbs"
My football manager game seems to run slow, anyone know why?

My comp is a 2.8ghz with 1.5gb ram and a 250gb hard drive.

I am running 5 leagues with a huge database but it shouldn't be this slow.

Any ideas? cheers.

What OS are you using?

5 leagues with huge DB is a lot, do you run anything eles when playing |FM? i find when playing FM, WMP,MSN and IE slow it down a lot

Windows XP SP3, I've got some more memory coming this morning so i have have 2gb ram.

I don't run anything else when FM is on as i know everything would slow down, IMO it should be a lot faster than it is on my pc.

Is that  on a Celeron 2.6, Athlon 2600 or a Sempron 2.6 all of which run at way way slower than 2.6ghz nearer 1.8-2 ghz speed and all are also single core which will run a lot slower than dual or quad core processors marked at the same speed.

I run my FM on a Dual Core E6750 running at near 4ghz speed, its also very memory intensive and even if you have 2gb of ram if its PC3200 or lower then you will gain nothing by adding an extra 512mb or ram TBH.

It would appear that its either an older spec PC such as the Sempron with PC3200 memory or the PC does have a LOT of hidden programs running in the background...again, I know its been said...but such as Spyware, never rely on just one antispyware program, I use Spybot, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator, AdAware 2007 and also Malwarebytes Anti Malware as they all pick up on Spyware that the others dont see.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spud

« Reply #739 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 11:19:11 »

I'm doing gash in the Premiership with Nottingham Forest, currently 6 points adrift of the relegation zone....although my excuse is that every player seem's to be getting injured for 1-2 months every other game.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #740 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 13:06:01 »

It's an Intel Pentium 4 processor.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #741 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 14:04:19 »

Quote from: "Spud"
I'm doing gash in the Premiership with Nottingham Forest, currently 6 points adrift of the relegation zone....although my excuse is that every player seem's to be getting injured for 1-2 months every other game.

Maybe your training needs looking at?
sonic youth

« Reply #742 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 14:21:28 »

the recommended specs for PC is a dual core 2.2ghz...running five leagues with a huge database is going to be slow on your machine
Spud

« Reply #743 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 18:01:17 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
Quote from: "Spud"

Maybe your training needs looking at?

I reckon it does seeing as i never bother with it due me having no clue what to change etc.

I'm tempted to resign and apply for a job in the Championship again.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #744 on: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 09:50:40 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
the recommended specs for PC is a dual core 2.2ghz...running five leagues with a huge database is going to be slow on your machine

It's mental isn't it?
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #745 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 14:29:17 »

I'm thinking of purchasing a new pc in the next week or two because i'm fed up with mine and fed up with playing football manager at a snail speed.

I have seen a intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz pc with 2gb ddr2 667mhz ram and a 160gb sata hard drive for £200 which seems ok, this would also enable me to run football manager a lot quicker.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #746 on: Monday, July 7, 2008, 17:13:43 »

I'm thinking of purchasing a new pc in the next week or two because i'm fed up with mine and fed up with playing football manager at a snail speed.

I have seen a intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz pc with 2gb ddr2 667mhz ram and a 160gb sata hard drive for £200 which seems ok, this would also enable me to run football manager a lot quicker.

Should be alright. I run a Core 2 Duo with a big database and it goes fine. My processor is overclocked a fair bit though.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: Sunday, July 13, 2008, 22:08:10 »

i'm not impressed. downloaded a super-mega-huge logo pack, tried to add it on, pissed about in the preferences to try to get it to work, instead i ended up with just a white screen. i was maaaaaaaaad. couldnt click on anything, couldnt undo what i did, so had to delete it and reinstall. lost my swindon game too. fuckers. Sad

oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: Monday, July 14, 2008, 11:57:16 »

its runs pretty slow on my PIII 600mhz!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 21:39:53 »

grrrrrrrrrrrr. started up a new game with swindon, realised it wasnt the 8.0.2 patch, downloaded that, started again, signed a whole bunch of new players, coming into october and over half my squad is out injured. every single fucking game someone gets injured, i had 3 in one game once. then just lost to luton on penalties in the JPT, i've never won penalties with swindon, ever. royally fucked off, gonna start again.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54   Go Up
Print
Jump to: