Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Embarrassing  (Read 6346 times)
red macca

« on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 14:51:49 »

Are you happy to continue as chairman of the club, despite once saying that John Ward's appointment as manager would be your last?

I WAS really cross and angry with the performance at Port Vale, and I have heard the Doncaster match was very poor too.

I was really angry, but what has happened over the past week doesn't impact upon my commitment to the club.

But if someone comes in and wants to take over with a major stake in the club, it has to be right for the club.

Some say Swindon are being taken over by a Portuguese consortium, but it hasn't happened.

Swindon owe us £25,000 for the ticket sales from the match at Whaddon Road earlier in the season, but they won't pay us until the consortium is sorted out. They are still hiring players and I think that stinks.

There have been difficult times for the board before and it's difficult now, but we are a stable club with a fantastic nucleus of 3,000-3,500 fans.

We also have a great bunch who go away from home every week and we are laying on three free coaches to Northampton Town in a couple of weeks' time.

We want supporters there to support Keith and we want to reward them because they have seen some pretty poor performances recently.

We have a great training ground and great backroom staff, but the squad needs to be strengthened and that's our challenge now.

How embarrassing is this to owe them money, how the fuck have we got away with not paying them for the tickets.

I am actually shocked by this
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 14:59:25 »

:shock:

Hiring players?

Jesus Christ........
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 14:59:43 »

not good news at all.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:00:25 »

:shock:  :shock:

fucks sake.
this board are cunts.
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:00:36 »

Is there some sort of Football agency that hires players to Club's?
dell boy

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:01:17 »

Will probably limit the allocation of tickets other clubs give us in the future. :shock:
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:05:31 »

Have you got a link to this story macca?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:18:46 »

What an utter, utter bunch of thieving cunts
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:20:56 »

That's just plain unbelievable.  No doubt we can count on their support in the future if we ever get into serious trouble :roll:

Still, it doesn't suprise me though.  It's about time Wyatt was brought in to get them the hell out of Dodge.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:23:49 »

I think the whole 'hiring players' thing is nothing to worry about. I think they mean 'signing players', afterall how would some Cheltenham yokel know more about the goings on at our club than we do.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:27:32 »

isn't that the words of their Chairman though?  It is rather immoral to hold onto money that we owe someone when we were about to sign 3 players up, especially when it isn't even our money.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:31:15 »

If our own players/staff weren't paid then it is hardly suprising Cheltenham haven't been either.

Is it wrong, yes, suprising, no.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:50:00 »

Quote from: "Batch"
If our own players/staff weren't paid then it is hardly suprising Cheltenham haven't been either.

Is it wrong, yes, suprising, no.

Bit of an all time low tho.  The players/staff haven't been paid a few times in the past but now were witholding ticket money to opposition teams that are due them if pretty dreadful and if the league get wind of it, will we not face at the very least a ticking off?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:50:52 »

Theres a statement on the OS effectivly saying the Wills are financially supporting the club whilst the protracted takeover talks contiune
Sussex

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 4, 2007, 15:53:14 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Theres a statement on the OS effectivly saying the Wills are financially supporting the club whilst the protracted takeover talks contiune

Well that was short and sweet!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: