Colin Todd

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 14:06:18 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "wokinghamred"
Cox is playing for Reading Resrves against Birmingham at Aldershot tonight.

You going to go along? thats a stone throw from Wokingham.  Perhaps you could have a few words with Cox and tell him if he signs for anyone else apart from Swindon his career will be destined to doom.

and you're going to kick the shit out of him  :thumbs:
And he will get rude words painted on his driveway

Its the swindon way
sonic youth

Cox
« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 14:44:28 »

i don't think any champ clubs will pay a fee for cox on the back of half a season at swindon. they're far more likely to want him on loan and with cox's contract up this summer, will he want to gamble on being a free agent at the end of the season?

at least with us he knows he'll have a long-term(ish) future, the support of the fans and he'll know the players and some of the staff.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 14:48:21 »

Won't matter to him I don't think, it's the most money him and Reading can make.
flammableBen

Cox
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 14:52:09 »

Unless Reading decide to see if they can loan him off at a higher level to see if he's worth a new contract. Depends how much they think of him and if they're willing to risk the minimal transfer fee on him proving himself on loan in the championship.
Chubbs

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 14:55:12 »

cox has said himself he doesnt want a load deal, i think we are in a pretty good spot to sign him.
sonic youth

Cox
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 14:59:09 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Won't matter to him I don't think, it's the most money him and Reading can make.
you're probably right chuck Sad
stfctownenda

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 15:00:42 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Unless Reading decide to see if they can loan him off at a higher level to see if he's worth a new contract. Depends how much they think of him and if they're willing to risk the minimal transfer fee on him proving himself on loan in the championship.

Yes but Cox has stated he doesn't want to stay at Reading unless he is playing first time football so I think Reading have no choice but to sell him now, play him or lose him on a free end of season.  I don't think loan is an alternative, hes not keen and I cant see why Reading would see it as a good move.
fatbury

Cox
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 15:03:31 »

lets keep our fingers crossed that we make this crucial signing - and also that we dont start selling off our biggest assets such as Brez and Jerel
flammableBen

Cox
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 15:05:10 »

Maybe. To be honest, I normally ignore what players say as it tends to be what people want to here.

Also to an extent the next 6months are pretty much down to Reading not Cox. I can't see him telling Reading that he refuses to go on loan somewhere because he wants to sign for us now.
stfctownenda

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 15:10:35 »

Quote from: flammableBen
Maybe. To be honest, I normally ignore what players say as it tends to be what people want to here.

Also to an extent the next 6months are pretty much down to Reading not Cox. I can't see him telling Reading that he refuses to go on loan somewhere because he wants to sign for us now.[/quote]

But also they get a fee from us now where as if they loan him to someone in the championship for a season and he does well and wants to stay there then he will just join them in the summer when he is out of contract.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 15:17:36 »

Ben's got a point.

Cox said the same to Northampton after he left there.
flammableBen

Cox
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 15:38:17 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "flammableBen"

Also to an extent the next 6months are pretty much down to Reading not Cox. I can't see him telling Reading that he refuses to go on loan somewhere because he wants to sign for us now.

But also they get a fee from us now where as if they loan him to someone in the championship for a season and he does well and wants to stay there then he will just join them in the summer when he is out of contract.

As long as they offer him a contract equal to what he's on now wouldn't Reading get compensation decided by a tribunal? I'd imagine that would be more if he's had a good few months at a Championship side.

To be honest, I'm not really saying that he won't join us, just that there's a few things to take into consideration. I'm not even sure if a Championship side would want him on loan. Not sure where that rumour has come from.
wokinghamred

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 21:36:31 »

Sounds like Cox had a stormer for Reading reserves tonight...

‘Two minutes before the break, Cox missed an absolute sitter, somehow putting over the bar from inside the six yard box,  the goal gaping following Henry’s cross’

(he did score a tap-in later though - they won 5-1)
BANGKOK RED

Cox
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 21:40:00 »

Quote from: "wokinghamred"
Sounds like Cox had a stormer for Reading reserves tonight...

‘Two minutes before the break, Cox missed an absolute sitter, somehow putting over the bar from inside the six yard box,  the goal gaping following Henry’s cross’

(he did score a tap-in later though - they won 5-1)

Maybe his mind is somewhere else?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
Cox
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, January 8, 2008, 22:51:01 »

Maybe. I don't care tbh if he plays shite for their reserves it only increases our chances of signing him.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: