Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sort it Out Now!  (Read 3944 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 07:56:56 »

From the Adver...

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.1613000.0.0.php

If Sturrock were to leave now, would anyone be surprised?  Honestly?
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 07:58:13 »

Yes because he has a binding contract where he has to stay 18 months. Could start a legal mess and make things worse for all parties....As far as I can tell (and I could be wrong) no one has breached the contract so you can't just leave unless there is a buyout option from either side?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:01:33 »

Under such circumstances, it is not unusual for contracts to be terminated by mutual agreement.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:02:22 »

I would be surprised, yes. He's obviously not happy but I don't believe he would walk away that easily.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:03:50 »

Sturrock has stated frustration many a time but why do such comments make people think hes on his way!?!  Isn't a manager allowed to air his frustrations without having constant speculation hes leaving!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:04:19 »

Well, that's OK, then, after all binding contracts are always worth far more than the paper they're written on in football aren't they? Like Dennis Wise's for example. Seriously, I'd be surprised if Sturrock walked now, he'll want to at least see what happens with the new investors, whether a deal does get sorted and if it does what their plans are. But another couple of weeks of "Oooh, any day now" and it may all start to look a bit more dodgy for Luggy.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:06:47 »

Its obvious really. Sturrock just wants to know should he be looking at perm (new board) signings with cash or loans (current board)etc. Just wants to know where he stands.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:07:58 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Well, that's OK, then, after all binding contracts are always worth far more than the paper they're written on in football aren't they? Like Dennis Wise's for example. .

Contract was honoured, He had a get out clause if teams from Prem or Championship came in and he used it. Both sides agreed this as part of the contract so that arguement is not really relevent IMO.
fatbury

« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:14:00 »

Often in the past I have accused Mr Sturrock of maybe being a pawn of the board. I now accept I was wrong .. he was simply not aware of what a bunch of clowns were running the club. Im sure his eyes are wide open now tho .. I think the possibility of him leaving is a distinct one unless this takeover actually happens ... What the hell are Mikey D and Wills doing Huh? Is it a REAL takeover or an imaginary one?? We need players desperately to boost the attack .. even Sturrock knows this but his hands are tied until this is sorted ... not the start to the season we need
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:14:07 »

I am simply making the point that the delays and constantly slipping deadlines are making Sturrock more vulnerable to an approach from elsewhere.  A number of clubs change their managers in the early part of the season.  When word gets around that Paul Sturrock is not too happy at Swindon - well, I'm sure he would be near the top of my list if I was the chairman of a medium-sized club looking for a new manager.

I'm not saying PS is a quitter.  I'm saying he's human, and is probably just as fed of being cocked around by board as the rest of us.
lambourn red

« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:14:22 »

I think it is Sturrock's way of trying to make them conclude this thing as he does not want the fans to concentrate more on the off field than the on field events for Tuesday and Saturday.
I dont think he has any intention of quitting he just does not seem the sort of person who will walk away from a challenge and lets face STFC is always going to be a challenge!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:15:42 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
Quote from: "pauld"
Well, that's OK, then, after all binding contracts are always worth far more than the paper they're written on in football aren't they? Like Dennis Wise's for example. .

Contract was honoured, He had a get out clause if teams from Prem or Championship came in and he used it. Both sides agreed this as part of the contract so that arguement is not really relevent IMO.

Fair enough bad example, but let's face it once a manager decides he's off that's it, no amount of binding contract makes much difference. But I do agree this outburst is more of a warning shot than a sign of imminent departure. Although Sturrock's not daft, he knows how this kind of thing will be read, he's definitely sounding a warning and expressing legitimate frustration that the ongoing delay is screwing up his ability to get a team together.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:16:16 »

Quote from: "lambourn red"
I think it is Sturrock's way of trying to make them conclude this thing as he does not want the fans to concentrate more on the off field than the on field events for Tuesday and Saturday.

Exactly!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 08:18:09 »

Until this is resolved then Im sorry but fans are going to be concerned about off the pitch antics whether anyone likes it or not.

Sturrocks main reason for wanting a conclusion is so he can bring in new faces asap to strengthen the squad.
broomfield

« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 11:20:04 »

According to the Daily Mirror, the £10m take over by a Portugese consotrium will be finalized this week.

So lets hope PS gets some of this money. Why would anyone want to pay £10m for Swindon Town??
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: