Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sort it Out Now!  (Read 3945 times)
fatbury

« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 11:37:45 »

well if its in the Daily Mirror it must be true! :-))(
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 11:38:13 »

more reliable than the NOTW story about Gary O'Connor!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 11:46:32 »

£10m would be an underestimate potentially.  If taking over a company, the value is the debt position of the company plus any payment made for the shares.  Virgin Media are being touted for a takeover which would be worth £13bn, although it would only be £6bn ish for the company itself.

If you purchased 100% of STFC in normal practise you'd expect the deal to be quoted as worth around £13m due to the state of our balance sheet.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 11:50:05 »

Early bird discount?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 11:55:15 »

Pfft, that deadlines long gone!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 12:05:13 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
£10m would be an underestimate potentially.  If taking over a company, the value is the debt position of the company plus any payment made for the shares.  Virgin Media are being touted for a takeover which would be worth £13bn, although it would only be £6bn ish for the company itself.

If you purchased 100% of STFC in normal practise you'd expect the deal to be quoted as worth around £13m due to the state of our balance sheet.

Maybe part of the deal means that the Wills' keep their interest in the club by not getting paid off entirely?

EDIT: Also the CVA accounts for a fair few million in the balance sheet. In effect paying the 900k would wipe out over £5m in debt iirc.

£10m is probably pretty good. Obviously that would need to be backed up by better business acumen and a decent ground development etc.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 12:08:30 »

Maybe.

Maybe not.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 12:52:06 »

I don't think that Sturrock is a quitter though, he will probably want to hang about as he could do something here given the right resources and he will probably wait to see what happens.

But I think we all have to remember that working for the current board is probably something totally different for Sturrock, he has had problems with Chairmen is the past (Weds & Southampton) but this lot are a whole new ball game, we have a chief exec that is not allowed to make any decisions, a chairman that don't get involved in decision making, and an advisor to the majority shareholders who does not have a place on the board but makes all the decisions with everyone running scared of him, and of course everytime they attempt PR it is an own goal.

So really this club is probably unique for Sturrock, and of course coupled with the fact that there is supposed to be a takeover going though but the completion date keep's getting moved and Sturrock needs new players it is not surprising he is sounding off a bit.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 13:44:15 »

Damn right - he'll probably fuck off to Carlisle now (taking Blair with him). I suppose it's closer to sweatyland.
Northern Red

« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 16:06:18 »

With luck he'll take Blair with him when he goes...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 13, 2007, 18:28:31 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
I don't think that Sturrock is a quitter though, he will probably want to hang about as he could do something here given the right resources and he will probably wait to see what happens.

But I think we all have to remember that working for the current board is probably something totally different for Sturrock, he has had problems with Chairmen is the past (Weds & Southampton) but this lot are a whole new ball game, we have a chief exec that is not allowed to make any decisions, a chairman that don't get involved in decision making, and an advisor to the majority shareholders who does not have a place on the board but makes all the decisions with everyone running scared of him, and of course everytime they attempt PR it is an own goal.

So really this club is probably unique for Sturrock, and of course coupled with the fact that there is supposed to be a takeover going though but the completion date keep's getting moved and Sturrock needs new players it is not surprising he is sounding off a bit.
I don't agree with a lot you say usually but that's a good post. I think the main problem is he just wants to know where he stands - its not a case of give me money or I'm off
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: