Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PFA Hall of Fame - who?  (Read 2186 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 2, 2007, 14:48:32 »

John Trollope after the amount of games he played at the club etc and the way he was shafted by Steve McMoan
RedRedRobin

« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 3, 2007, 09:46:13 »

I saw Maurice Owen play and Sam Burton in goal  but too young to know how good they were. My dad watched Harry Morris " give it to Morris" and Fleming. He thought Fleming was the best player before the Don and was impressed with his loyalty to the club; Swindon's only England International. The accepted wisdom then was  that he would have got many more England games if he'd moved to a bigger club.

Fleming and Rogers both opened sports shops which only the best players did, so it has to be between them!

There's no way I would vote for anyone but Rogers! I remember that it was once claimed George Best was in the stand who had come down to see what all the fuss was about .
Minnesota Fats

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 12:28:18 »

I voted for Harry Fleming.

Reading up on all the literature from the time you do get the impression that the opposition teams were absolutely petrified of him.

I remain convinced that we'd have won the FA Cup if Barnsley hadn't deliberately set-out to maim him in the semi-finals.

Roland The Thompson Gunner
fatbury

« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 6, 2007, 12:45:29 »

Don Rogers .. has to be
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: