Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust announces ticket price proposals  (Read 3569 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 20:08:44 »

TrustSTFC has today published its proposals for ticket prices at the County Ground for next season. The proposals, handed to the club last Friday, aim to balance the need to rebuild the fan base with the clubs need to maximise revenue from its paying customers.

Key points in the Trust proposals are :-

Reintroducing the discount for wing tickets so that adult tickets in the main stands can be purchased for £18 on match days.
Abolish the extra £2 price rise for match day purchases, bringing the headline top ticket price down to £21 whether bought in advance or on a match day.
Child tickets to be set at £5 all round the ground except in the family enclosure where they would remain at £3.
Town End ticket prices to remain unchanged.
Season ticket prices in the main stands to also offer a wing discount. Season ticket prices to be adjusted so that the overall effect on season ticket revenue is neutral.

TrustSTFC calculates that if these proposals are adopted, only 175 extra adult tickets would need to be sold in order to match current income levels. If an extra 500 can be added to the gate, a realistic target given the numbers who have drifted away in recent times, the club would benefit by nearly £6,000 per home game, or over £130,000 over a season.

The full proposal document can be read by clicking on this link (Adobe acrobat reader required).

Discuss

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 20:21:48 »

Mark Devlin said a couple of seasons back the reason they don't offer wing reductions is because it's impossible to "police".

There is nothing to stop someone from buying a ticket in the wings an then moving to a better unoccupied seat once the match starts.

It would be an impossible job without more stewards, which would just add to more expense.

Fair play on the scrapping of the pay on the day fee and the kids prices they all make good sense.

Not really sure though if a couple of quid really makes the difference in the long run mind.  At the end of the day just how many people are deterred by a couple of quid extra?

Buggered if I can think of anything further mind.  

Perhaps tier system for games may be worth looking at.  A limited number of “special offer” tickets that can be obtained by booking in advance, discounts for large advanced bulk bookings, which are varied depending on the attractiveness of the fixture.  Introduce a loyalty scheme of sorts where say every 5 home games gets you some sort of discount or freebie.

Problem is that sort of system can be open to abuse and can piss more people off than it pleases if it’s not implemented properly.

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 21:45:18 »

What a load of tosh - they realise that the diehard core of around 4000 fans will go no matter how much they charge, and its reflected.  We're out of administration, and have had a disappointing mid-table season.  As a student, I do not feel the full effects, but 21 pounds for a ticket to watch "that" is extortionate.  No wonder I end up going to more away games, although admittedly I do live in the southeast (although next season they'll be even less southern teams)  :shock:
Piemonte

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 15, 2005, 21:55:49 »

We have 4,000 die hards and at least £350k a year non- football related costs to pay each year compared to some other clubs in our league. Not to mention the spectre of a £900k CVA payment to come in 2007

We lose £500k to £700k a season.

and you expect to pay less for tickets Walrus? get real.

I'm against the wing reductions, because as others have said its impossible to police and will be abused with crowds of 5-8k.

I cant really think of any other great ideas to get people though the turnstiles without reducing matchday income, which probablly explains why i dont work in masrketing.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:27:03 »

Use the Nationwide for Away fans (£23) open up Stratton Bank to home fans for a tenner, TE for £15 and continue to charge £23 for North Stand/Arkells seats.  Just a thought.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:36:44 »

i think they should just charge £18 for everywhere in the ground with all the other prices staying the same (without the £2 increase on match day)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:42:39 »

Quote from: "Rich"
i think they should just charge £18 for everywhere in the ground with all the other prices staying the same (without the £2 increase on match day)

in all honesty i don't think this will generate much more of a crowd and  revenues will fall if this was to happen. I do agree about the £2 extra thing on matchday being a bit shit though
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:44:52 »

it is shit! why cant they just say its £12 for everyone, anywhere non of this child ticket crap! we would get 10,000 then
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:47:53 »

it is shit! why cant they just say its £12 for everyone, anywhere non of this child ticket crap! we would get 10,000 then

at that price i would catch quite a few more games, but revenue wise i don't think it would work
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:50:53 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

at that price i would catch quite a few more games, but revenue wise i don't think it would work
i tend to disagree with you si! if we get 10,000 then it boosts the case for a new stadium and spurs the players on to a possible promotion with the CG being our fortrus! then we will be in a higher division and with a new stadium and new income!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 12:59:43 »

Ok, i've done the math. The average ticket price (regardless of being junior/adult, bought in advance/on the day) is currently £12.78.

There is a trade-off between a price reduction being used as an insentive to entice fans, and the actual revenue created. Making all tickets £12 as Rich has said may attract a few more adults, but considering there are vast numbers of supporters that are Johno's age or younger, i think this will scare those people away. Also bigger crowds will cost more to police, if we get bigger crowds on a consistent basis.

All in all, i think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages using your proposal Rich.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 13:04:42 »

thats true but i think your wrong about adult fans! there are a lot of fans in their mid to late 20s who dont attend and could probably afford to if the prices were cut. look at the bury home game a couple of seasons ago. the town end was priced at £5 for adults and we got a crowd of 7,600. And that was the price for the townend
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 13:14:14 »

thats true but i think your wrong about adult fans! there are a lot of fans in their mid to late 20s who dont attend and could probably afford to if the prices were cut. look at the bury home game a couple of seasons ago. the town end was priced at £5 for adults and we got a crowd of 7,600. And that was the price for the townend

i wonder what proportion of fans are classed as 'Junior'? i bet it's quite high
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 13:18:13 »

yeah but people like me who just buy junior tickets shouldnt really be able to get away with it. thats probably why loads of people are classed as junior. people in the 16-18 age bracket just get junior tickets  Cheesy
McLovin

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, March 16, 2005, 16:18:29 »

Stop robbing the club then, you frealoading gypsy...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: