Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When Sonic Met Bob  (Read 7425 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:46:39 »

I think you should be prepared to meet Razzledazzle, sit down and talk to him for hours and hear his side of things before jumping to conclusions like that  Cheesy
Razzledazzle

« Reply #46 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:47:17 »

Well i feel the same about you James if i'm being honest, thats my opinion.
sonic youth

« Reply #47 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:48:05 »

Quote from: "pauld"
I think you should be prepared to meet Razzledazzle, sit down and talk to him for hours and hear his side of things before jumping to conclusions like that  Cheesy

Go shoot some peasants.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:49:33 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "Razzledazzle"
I am 110% behind the consortium and nothing would change that, no matter how much rubbish the board threw at me, the consortium is the only way forward, they would not act like the current board has done and we would be much better off, that is my opinion, the board has told many lies as stated by Paul Davis above so the damage was done along time ago.

<disclaimer>I didn't say anyone was lying - I merely pointed out some discrepancies with the truth</disclaimer> Cheesy

The trouble with life in 2007 is we are wary of saying it like it is.  The fact is anyone who is in a position of authority simply plays fast and loose with the truth to suit whatever ends they wish to serve.  They can say it's for interests of national security, or say they are being "economic" with the facts - in old fashioned speak they are lying - allegedly of course.  You can say that but we could'nt possibly comment. I feel a Smiths song coming on......
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 00:05:58 »

I was the classic fence sitter in the summer before Power left. I thought I would wait for information to slowly creep out and when it did I found myself losing support for the Board. I joined the Trust, who beat the Club hands down in terms of transparency – I guess you’d expect that when something is run for the very people who allow it to exist.

Which is why this might seem like I’m trying to shoot James down etc., but this is just my take on things:

For a start they (Lambert esp.) know you go on internet forums and are likely to tell people what happened. Don’t think for one second they would spend 4 hours with someone ordinarily.

Onto some particular points you bulleted:

- Who are the Consortium? The club would like details of those involved.

I think that’s a fair enough point in all honesty. The same would apply to the current situation at STFC, where it took an age for Diamandis to finally speak out about his role within the club. Transparency of this kind can only be a good thing from a fan’s perspective, as they are able to form views on facts.

- Why has Power changed his mind about investing after pulling out previously?

I was under the impression he wasn’t too happy with someone’s apparent control over the club (am I wrong?).

- Why does Bill believe the £1.2m investment was a loan and not shares? If a loan, he could demand his money back immediately. If shares then he would stand in a better position for negotiation with the board.

Considering that the Club seem unsure as to the percentage amount of shares Bill Power and Phil Emmel own between them, I would disagree. Also, see the bit below about Bill not wanting to buy but the Consortium.

- Why do the Consortium want to do due diligence prior to making an offer, shouldn’t Bill know the financial state of the club a year ago and be able to make a rough offer on that basis? Any offer would not be legally binding as such and they could withdraw it if necessary.

For that very reason. Do you know why companies have to submit accounts on a yearly basis? It’s because a lot happens in a year. Also tax is charged yearly. Moreover, a company can be a going concern one year (able to trade into the next year) to not being a going concern.

I would also say that considering Mike Diamandis has made many claims about the conversions of loans and improving the balance sheet position, what’s to say this hasn’t been done within that year? Any restructuring of the business and its finances can have a major impact.

- If Bill wants to buy the club then why has the offer been fronted by Mike Wilkes?

Bill doesn’t want to buy the Club. The Consortium does. Big difference. Mike Wilks sought the investors, he fronted the potential Consortium when the idea was born and I don’t see why this should change now.

As James says, Mike Diamandis is a figure that is causing problems at Swindon. Clearly Wise was not happy with him for one. But let’s not forget that the Directors act for the company - that is their job, their duty and they are bound to do so. They do not need excuses made for them.

I’ve taken the view that this is no more than a publicity stunt, is an absolute joke to be honest and I think you’ve been taken in quite easily. If three members of the Swindon management team think cuddling up to one person who phoned into a radio show (and fair play for doing so and also keeping an open mind, kudos for that) is going to change years of being kept in the dark and especially more recently, treating fans as if they don’t matter then I think they are being very naïve.
deltaincline

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 00:20:26 »

I think you deserve praise for listening to Holt, Starnes and Lambert, Sonic. I don't mean to patronise you, but you strike me as an inteligent bloke with an open mind. Listening to reps of the club in person is better than believing what is said on the web or in the papers as you can make your own mind up and you can also factor in body language and eye-contact etc.

Interesting that they granted you 4 hours of their time. Well done for listening that long and for putting your thoughts up on the board for us, but 4 fucking hours? It sounds like they were trying to do a headfuck job on you. That's Waco-esque brainwashing territory my man!

fwiw I dont trust the cunts. I know it's all been said already, but they lie when it suits them.

I accept that all fans have the right to listen to them and make their own mind up though. I respect Sonic for doing that today.

If the cunts at the club showed half the respect and dignity that Sonic has demonstrated by listening to them for 4 hours today, we wouldn't be in the position we are all in now.

'One Bill Power'
sonic youth

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 00:26:20 »

...and that's the beauty of the Fan's Consortium, our views and opinions will not only be recognised, considered and engaged but we will effectively have a say in the control of the club.

If the board had done more in terms of engaging fans in years gone by, things wouldn't have got to a stage now where the distrust is so large that the damage is irreversible.

As a side note, I thought I mentioned this in my original post but I requested to meet with Bob as I prefer talking to people in person rather than over the phone. Unlike Bowden, he immediately sorted it and they made no effort to persuade me to come along to be brainwashed. I was a willing volunteer  Cheesy

I wasn't expecting to have half the clubs' employees there though.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 00:57:51 »

A couple of points:

- Well done Sonic for following the courage of your convictions and seeking the audience. Impressed you had the balls to go listen for yourself in order to make up your own mind.

- If I was selling my car to someone then I wouldn't expect the buyer to try to bully me. If they did I would tell them where to go.  On the other hand if I was selling then I would market the car properly and answer potential buyers questions - 'carefully'. So, if the Board want to sell and the Consortium want to buy then for Christ sake sort it out!

- If the Board had given you 4 minutes then there would have been all sorts of slagging off. The fact that they gave you four hours seems to be raising the same sort of slagging off. Can't win really can you?

- Truth depends upon your perspective or your point of view. In this matter I don't know where the truth lies!

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 01:10:42 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

Subtle.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
fatbury

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 09:09:09 »

Overall I have to say it was an interesting piece to read but it hasn't changed my opinion one jot.  I still completely back the fan's consortium.  Basically all you sat through was four hours of spin something politicians do all the time.

The only thing that they said which I did agree with was the getting personal and name calling etc from protesters.  The frustration of the situation is getting to everyone and this behaviour is inevitable at times but we have to try and remain as peaceful and calm as possible during protests. Of course easier said than done.

One point of note.  Surely they knew who you were Sonic as you have previously worked the scoreboard at the club. Perhaps that was why they gave you the time they did?

A suggestion though, maybe Paul you could help on this one, to get a balanced view on this I think Sonic should now be invited to sit in for a similar time with the members of the Fans Consortium.  Bill Power,Phil Emmel, Mike Wilkes et al could chat with Sonic and discuss things he can make a balanced opinion having met all the players in this political saga.

Come to think of it you have to ask why the useless gits down at the Evening Advertiser havent already done all this? ie listing exactly what the two sides stand for and asking them the same questions and then collating it all in one article. That would sell some papers!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 11:43:11 »

i would like to offer a chance for the board to meet me after the shrewsbury game where i will officially call them a bunch of chancers and cunts.

fuckin hell i dont post on here for a few weeks and everyone starts acting like nottinghamshire miners.

get a grip
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 11:54:38 »

~bob holt~There is no coal.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 12:05:57 »

Quote from: "Nomoreheroes"
A couple of points:

- Well done Sonic for following the courage of your convictions and seeking the audience. Impressed you had the balls to go listen for yourself in order to make up your own mind.

-

My thoughts exactly.

James raised some very valid questions in his first post, answered in my opinion very truthfully by those who responded.

100% fair play to him for settling his queries with a realistic approach in person.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 12:09:33 »

Personally, I wouldn't like to be with Starnes and Holt for four minutes let alone four bloody hours !!!

The man deserves a medal !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, March 20, 2007, 13:04:15 »

I think the lay about should have been working instead  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: