Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When Sonic Met Bob  (Read 7423 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:28:21 »

This just seems to me to be a sign of bunker mentality.....these people know they've lost the battle for hearts and minds, and are effectively finished.

If they had any interest in trying to recover ground, it could be conceivably done by getting the Trust to organise for an elected fan Board member.....why don't they go for it?
Razzledazzle

« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:31:03 »

I am 110% behind the consortium and nothing would change that, no matter how much rubbish the board threw at me, the consortium is the only way forward, they would not act like the current board has done and we would be much better off, that is my opinion, the board has told many lies as stated by Paul Davis above so the damage was done along time ago.
glos_robin

« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:31:24 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "Razzledazzle"
I wouldn't believe anything the board have to say, the fact of the matter is that they are deliberately making it as difficult as possible for the consortium to takeover the club.

What proof do you have that they're lying? I constantly see you banging on about lies and deceit but not once have you justified your statements!

We have severed all ties with Dunwoody (one for the veterans, there)

I do love that one, as they didn't even do a decent attempt at hiding it leaving the DGI logo all over the club shop name plaques...........noticed also this season Dunwoody appearing as 'Official Partners' in the programme. When was that officially announced then?
sonic youth

« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:32:25 »

For starters you could try:
There is no rift
Bill Power left the club because of ill health
We've paid the CVA
The unnamed individual Dennis Wise fell out with was Bob Holt
We've shown the council our ground redevelopment plans and they love 'em
We have severed all ties with Dunwoody (one for the veterans, there)

I'm sure others can add their own personal favourites as well

Totally spot on.

Unlike Razzledazzle, you justify your statements with reason and logic instead of rhetoric and repetitiveness.

I've probably overreacted but people who are blinkered are a pet hate of mine, so I'll shut up about it. I accept that a lot of people have heard everything the board have to say before; now that I have, I feel pretty comfortable with where I sit (nice cushion). My only wish was that more people would at least listen.

As for accusing me for being on the other side, get fucking real! This isn't about fucking sides.
Razzledazzle

« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:32:40 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
This just seems to me to be a sign of bunker mentality.....these people know they've lost the battle for hearts and minds, and are effectively finished.

If they had any interest in trying to recover ground, it could be conceivably done by getting the Trust to organise for an elected fan Board member.....why don't they go for it?

I think it's too late for the board to try and recover ground, like i just said the damage was done along time ago, their lies have turned most people against them and not many people could ever back them now, they would never allow a fans rep on the board, they don't even produce the accounts.
Razzledazzle

« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:34:24 »

My statements are justified for the reasons Paul stated above and more.

You only have to look at all the things they have done over the last few years, also my statements today calling Bowden a liar are justified by the notes by michael from the broad street community meeting.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:35:05 »

The biggest problem the Board now have is Kassam could probably step up and offer to buy the club and fans would take it (ok, I'm stretching it a bit to show the point).

Point is, they've lost a large chunk, not just waverers but down and out hatred in many cases.  Not retreivable, ever.  It really doesn't matter what the facts are to some extent anymore (although they largely prove the point), it's too late.  But for SSW they'd have been removed a long time ago.

The only issue for me is how the changeover is conducted and how quickly.  The clubs bests interests would be for everyone to sit in a room until it's done, problem is I think they want to hang on for some reason despite what I've said above.  It'll only end in tears if that is the case for much longer (concrete offers in blood or not)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:35:51 »

As for accusing me for being on the other side,.

Shame we could do with another Scouser on the forum

http://www.margatewintergardens.co.uk/assets/library/events/Derek%20Acorah.jpg

/
W56196272
Razzledazzle

« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:36:08 »

Also i am not blinkered we have listened to what the board have had to say for years now, i was not against this board until i realised last year that it was time for change and the current board cannot continue to stay in charge of this football club, we all have our reasons, i am entitled to my opinion and i believe my opinion to be right.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:37:14 »

So why is Bowden lying but Bluh isn't? That's what I'm trying to say.

Bowden said in December they had plans at an "advanced stage" they'd reveal in January. He then said in the programme notes for the Hartlepool programme they'd shown plans to the council. Then last week he told the residents group there was nothing on paper it was all in his head. So what did he show the council then? And what does Rod Bluh have to gain by lying about not being shown plans? It puts him in an extremely awkward position in fact to admit this even in a low-key way (ie in a private email to a voter) as it means he is effectively contradicting Bowden. But you don't need to take a judgement call on what Rod Bluh said - just look at what Bowden's said standalone - even his own statements simply don't add up.
Razzledazzle

« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:37:40 »

To be honest James you always seem to have digs at me and my posts and are the only person who really seems to do so and rightly so i will stick up for myself and what i believe in no matter what.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:39:23 »

Quote from: "Razzledazzle"
I am 110% behind the consortium and nothing would change that, no matter how much rubbish the board threw at me, the consortium is the only way forward, they would not act like the current board has done and we would be much better off, that is my opinion, the board has told many lies as stated by Paul Davis above so the damage was done along time ago.

<disclaimer>I didn't say anyone was lying - I merely pointed out some discrepancies with the truth</disclaimer> Cheesy
red macca

« Reply #42 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:39:57 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
The biggest problem the Board now have is Kassam could probably step up and offer to buy the club and fans would take it (ok, I'm stretching it a bit to show the point).

Point is, they've lost a large chunk, not just waverers but down and out hatred in many cases.  Not retreivable, ever.  It really doesn't matter what the facts are to some extent anymore (although they largely prove the point), it's too late.  But for SSW they'd have been removed a long time ago.

The only issue for me is how the changeover is conducted and how quickly.  The clubs bests interests would be for everyone to sit in a room until it's done, problem is I think they want to hang on for some reason despite what I've said above.  It'll only end in tears if that is the case for much longer (concrete offers in blood or not)
The problem is rob until there are big numbers protesting they will keep ignoring this.we dont have enough games this season to make them realise how many people are pissed off with them..I know its not likely but all it takes is for this board to support sturrock in the summer bring a few players in and the fence sitters will be back on the boards side..
sonic youth

« Reply #43 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:44:55 »

So why is Bowden lying but Bluh isn't? That's what I'm trying to say.

Bowden said in December they had plans at an "advanced stage" they'd reveal in January. He then said in the programme notes for the Hartlepool programme they'd shown plans to the council. Then last week he told the residents group there was nothing on paper it was all in his head. So what did he show the council then? And what does Rod Bluh have to gain by lying about not being shown plans? It puts him in an extremely awkward position in fact to admit this even in a low-key way (ie in a private email to a voter) as it means he is effectively contradicting Bowden. But you don't need to take a judgement call on what Rod Bluh said - just look at what Bowden's said standalone - even his own statements simply don't add up.

And you're right.

I ought to stop going about this in a roundabout way but I can't juse see things as totally black & white, i.e. one man is wrong, the other is right.

Bowden does live in fantasy land. Sometimes I wish I could join him, it sounds wonderful. The man has been economical with the truth, he's misled fans and he's outright lied.

This doesn't automatically mean that every word any board member says is a lie.

I'm only going to end up repeating myself now, I'm knackered so I've stopped making much sense.

P.S. I probably tend to jump on your posts Razzledazzle because I think you're a bit of a cunt and I don't like you. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!
glos_robin

« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 19, 2007, 23:46:36 »

Don't worry Razzle, Sonic is going to stab me and he says he likes me......thanks sonic  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: