Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073376 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Tuesday, July 8, 2008, 06:35:11 »

Saw Counting Crows Sunday, my hangover is almost gone, Decent bill with Powderfinger and Benharper et al, but the band i enjoyed most were Bowling for Soup, they were awesome.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Tuesday, July 8, 2008, 10:30:58 »

Neil Young excellent last night. The main is still pure class. Out of the support bands My Morning Jacket were very, very good although I'd never heard of them before. Guillemots were absolute bollox as was Rufus Wainright. Primal Scream were on another planet and Supergrass did what Supergrass do.
Apparently the Hop Farm in Kent is going to be turned into a 3 day event next year. Great value for £50 but if you do go next year prepare for a 3 hour wait afterwards in the car park unless they get their act together.

Yeah the "Youngster" was in top form.MMJ are a great live band

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Tuesday, July 8, 2008, 10:32:06 »

Saw Counting Crows Sunday, my hangover is almost gone, Decent bill with Powderfinger and Benharper et al, but the band i enjoyed most were Bowling for Soup, they were awesome.

Fucking hell-Ben Harper should have topped that particular bill-he's the bollocks!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 18:07:04 »

Going to see the Fratellis in London tomorrow night, and got tickets today to go to the Reading Festival Bank Holiday weekend.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 18:27:59 »

Have Leonard Cohen at the o2 next week, everyone  at work has laughed, but I think he's awesome.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 18:49:07 »

Going to see the Fratellis in London tomorrow night, and got tickets today to go to the Reading Festival Bank Holiday weekend.

Got a ticket for the Friday just to see Rage one last time. Really looking forward to it.

Hopefully they won't play anything by Audioslave.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 19:04:05 »

Have Leonard Cohen at the o2 next week, everyone  at work has laughed, but I think he's awesome.

I bet those that have laughed couldn't name a song of his, and would be pleasantly surprised if you played one.  Or they're twats.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 19:07:42 »

UMMMM... Hallelujah?
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 10:22:23 »

I'm going to Rise Festival in Finsbury Park on Sunday.

It's got

CSS
Jimmy Cliff
Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings
Dub Pistols featuring Terry Hall and Rodney P
Kitty, Daisy and Lewis
Trojan Sound System
TY
Bassekou Kouyate
Yaaba Funk
The Aliens

and is free!
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 10:35:35 »

Off to see Ben Folds on Sunday night in Brissle..

Hopefully the rumours about Mecca bingo in town becoming a Carling Academy will be true.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #400 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 12:23:07 »

Hopefully the rumours about Mecca bingo in town becoming a Carling Academy will be true.

Isn't that a case of joe public thinking it's a good idea and wanting it, rather than it being looked at as a viable option?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 12:30:00 »

Good choice, love his music!
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 12:33:05 »

Isn't that a case of joe public thinking it's a good idea and wanting it, rather than it being looked at as a viable option?

More than likely there's no truth in it. Sounds like a good shout to me.. but i'd have no idea what would actually be involved in getting it sorted. I've not even been in there - is it big enough?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 20:59:38 »

Rock Werchter was tremendous but very tiring. From memory I saw

Day 1 - rained all day and after travelling was knackered. Caught a bit of REM and then went to see 2manyDJ's in the tent, Twas awesome
Day 2 - Patrick Watson - Excellent although a power cut cut short the set, Ben Folds, ace. My Morning Jacket, ok from what I heard from outside sitting in the sun. The Verve, class, looking forward to hearing their new stuff. Neil Young, total legend 2 hour set, top drawer
Day 3 - MGMT, ace. Band of Horses - not bad. Editors, decent - Kings of Leon, decent - Sigur Ros, not as good as when I saw them last year mainly because stupid aussies and Irish were making loads of fucking noise as I was trying to listen to the music. Radiohead - Awesome, ended with Paranoid Android
Day 4 - Almost dead by this stage!! Spent most of the day in the pub. Saw Raconteurs - Excellent, Beck - Top Class, Deus - Never heard of them but awesome, have since bought recent album Vantage Point which is ace!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, July 12, 2008, 22:02:57 »

Rock Werchter was tremendous but very tiring. From memory I saw

Day 1 - rained all day and after travelling was knackered. Caught a bit of REM and then went to see 2manyDJ's in the tent, Twas awesome
Day 2 - Patrick Watson - Excellent although a power cut cut short the set, Ben Folds, ace. My Morning Jacket, ok from what I heard from outside sitting in the sun. The Verve, class, looking forward to hearing their new stuff. Neil Young, total legend 2 hour set, top drawer
Day 3 - MGMT, ace. Band of Horses - not bad. Editors, decent - Kings of Leon, decent - Sigur Ros, not as good as when I saw them last year mainly because stupid aussies and Irish were making loads of fucking noise as I was trying to listen to the music. Radiohead - Awesome, ended with Paranoid Android
Day 4 - Almost dead by this stage!! Spent most of the day in the pub. Saw Raconteurs - Excellent, Beck - Top Class, Deus - Never heard of them but awesome, have since bought recent album Vantage Point which is ace!!
Sounds like a pretty decent line up, seen a few of them, but never heard of Patrick Watson, who's he?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: