Pages: 1 ... 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 ... 320   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1160423 times)
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #4710 on: Saturday, June 29, 2024, 08:50:01 »

I was the same until the Isle of Wight last weekend. Never realised how intense Brett Anderson is!
Really enjoyed Suede, amazing energy from Brett Anderson. Manics great as usual
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4711 on: Saturday, June 29, 2024, 09:24:02 »

I saw Green Day last Friday in Manchester - Unbelievable set! I caught their set at IOW too, which was equally as good, so yes, highly recommend!

Dookie was the first album I ever bought (I think) and they are playing that and American Idiot all the way through. Should be good!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4712 on: Saturday, June 29, 2024, 11:18:41 »

I saw Green Day last Friday in Manchester - Unbelievable set! I caught their set at IOW too, which was equally as good, so yes, highly recommend!
Did you see Maid Of Ace,one of the support bands?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #4713 on: Saturday, June 29, 2024, 13:22:30 »

Did you see Maid Of Ace,one of the support bands?

I didn't! And I'm annoyed now, as I've since checked out a couple of songs and like what I've heard so far! Any song recommendations appreciated  Cool

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #4714 on: Saturday, June 29, 2024, 13:27:59 »

Dookie was the first album I ever bought (I think) and they are playing that and American Idiot all the way through. Should be good!

American Idiot was probably the first album I was obsessed with as a young whipper snapper (well... Mid teens...), so much so, seeing them live at Milton Keynes Bowl in 2005 is still to this day my favourite ever gig!

Enjoy the gig tonight! Not jealous in the slightest  Sad

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4715 on: Sunday, June 30, 2024, 12:55:48 »

American Idiot was probably the first album I was obsessed with as a young whipper snapper (well... Mid teens...), so much so, seeing them live at Milton Keynes Bowl in 2005 is still to this day my favourite ever gig!

Enjoy the gig tonight! Not jealous in the slightest  Sad

It was a really excellent gig, they played pretty much non-stop for nearly 2.5 hours. The newer stuff is a little bit 'naff' but Dookie and American Idiot was the highlight but a really good gig. £8 a pint now, was not surprising but remains a pisstake, especially how expensive tickets are. We drove to Watford and got the overground in and out, deemed to work well.

Got James (with an orchestra) next weekend in Beford. Support from Johnny Marr, Magic Numbers, inspiral carpets and someone else I forget now. Might try and get tickets for Bruce Springsteen if the Credit Card will allow.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4716 on: Sunday, June 30, 2024, 13:08:09 »

I’ve got tickets for a Pink Floyd tribute band - The Dark Side of Pink Floyd - in Bath. No idea if they’re any good. I know the Australian Pink Floyd are an excellent tribute act.

Be the first gig I’ve been to since Wishbone Ash donkey’s years ago.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4717 on: Sunday, June 30, 2024, 17:26:45 »

I won van Morrison tickets for Sunday @westonbirt. Not somebody I'd normally see, but free is free
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4718 on: Sunday, June 30, 2024, 17:34:48 »

Saw him for free pub in the park marlow with work. Doesn't play many of the hits but his voice is unreal.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4719 on: Sunday, June 30, 2024, 17:51:51 »

Got James (with an orchestra) next weekend in Beford. Support from Johnny Marr, Magic Numbers, inspiral carpets and someone else I forget now. Might try and get tickets for Bruce Springsteen if the Credit Card will allow.

Nice. Were excellent with orchestra in Bath. Also brilliant at Glastonbury today too.

Great support
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4720 on: Sunday, June 30, 2024, 17:52:12 »

Saw him for free pub in the park marlow with work. Doesn't play many of the hits but his voice is unreal.
I'm looking forward to it
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #4721 on: Monday, July 1, 2024, 11:53:27 »

Really enjoyed Suede, amazing energy from Brett Anderson. Manics great as usual

One of the finest, has such riveting energy and presence.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #4722 on: Monday, July 1, 2024, 11:54:12 »

I am selling x2 tickets for Suede & Manics who are playing Cardiff Castle on Saturday night - should anyone be interested.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4723 on: Sunday, July 7, 2024, 22:34:27 »

Just back from van the man.

Great voice, band were awesome. Did a lot of covers as per his latest album, but did a version of Moondance and Jackie Wilson Said which is a rareish treat.

Didn't come across grumpy, gave a couple of intros to songs, was never going to be the most interactive.

Well happy with that
« Last Edit: Monday, July 8, 2024, 07:37:56 by Batch » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4724 on: Monday, July 8, 2024, 08:13:04 »

Had a lovely old time in Bedford on Saturday. The weather was looking particularly ropey and I missed the football but the evening was cool and dry and we ended up winning on pennos, which was nice.

It was particularly good to see Inspiral Carpets who were one of the first bands I listened to when forming musical choices in the nineties. It was a little odd that the drummer and bassist were youngsters (Clint Boon's son was on bass) but the music was great. Saka equalised during 'this is how it feels' which is one of my favourite songs, so that felt quite fitting.

Johnny Marr was great, a mix of solo and Smiths stuff which went down a treat. He also got to do a bit of guitar with James on 'Laid' which was their encore piece.

James with the orchestra was brilliant. Very different vibe to them really. Sit Down was particularly melancholy. Overall a tremendous set in what was a good setting. For £35 a ticket, you can't get much better value for money these days.

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 ... 320   Go Up
Print
Jump to: