Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1072916 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4320 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 09:40:24 »

Jealous Bob.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4321 on: Friday, August 19, 2022, 23:03:09 »

Saw Hugh Cornwell tonight. Bit like watching George Best playing for Fulham. You know he was brilliant once and it was good to see him play but....
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 09:00:54 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #4322 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 07:33:10 »

Jealous Bob.

Never heard of them, any good?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4323 on: Saturday, August 20, 2022, 09:27:35 »

Never heard of them, any good?
They were very big with the "arty kids" when I was at school in the last 70s early 80s, before you were born.

Not my type of music but many of my mates liked them.

Difficult to categorise as one of the originators of goth rock, similar genre to The Cult, The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees and Joy Division etc.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4324 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 12:12:53 »

Foo Fighters, every man and his dog out yesterday for Taylor Hawkins memorial, including surprise appearance from Paul McCartney. Never been tired like it after a gig. From the moment Liam Gallagher came out and it was Foo Fighters playing with him with Dave Grohl on drums it became obvious it wouldn't be any sort of normal gig.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4325 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 12:14:18 »

Foo Fighters, every man and his dog out yesterday for Taylor Hawkins memorial, including surprise appearance from Paul McCartney. Never been tired like it after a gig. From the moment Liam Gallagher came out and it was Foo Fighters playing with him with Dave Grohl on drums it became obvious it wouldn't be any sort of normal gig.
My Nephew went, spent almost the the same as the national deby of Uganda on a VIP ticket.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #4326 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 12:19:39 »

Liam went on to headline a festival near malaga last night

It was the first ever festival here and it was fucking great. Arctic monkeys, chemical brothers, Liam Gallagher amongst others. Fancy a holiday? Come over for a week take in the city and the beaches with a festival thrown in for good measure
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4327 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 12:20:42 »

Yeah that sounds ace as well to be fair. He did say on Radio X that weas why he'd be on first at Wembley.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #4328 on: Sunday, September 4, 2022, 12:22:16 »

Starts at 7pm ends 5am because of heat. Watched hot chip at 3am and soulwax and bonobo at 4:45!

Entrance €85 for the whole 3 days
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4329 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 08:55:29 »

Has anyone been to a gig at the Milton Keynes Bowl? Tempted to get Muse tickets for next year but they are A. Pricy and B. I've read it's a soulless pit of a place (the bowl, and I assume Milton Keynes as well!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4330 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 09:24:46 »

I'm glad I went for hospitality with hindsight, a free bar and padded seat was pretty nice for a 6+ hour gig, even if it did cost an arm and a leg.

So many highlights, but seeing Lars Ulrich + Foo Fighters + Brian Johnson playing AC/DC was pretty amazing, as was Rush. Oh, and Wolfgang Van Halen. And Them Crooked Vultures. Fuck, it was all incredible.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4331 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 09:32:26 »

Oh yeah, Manchester Orchestra at O2 Kentish Town tonight. Much smaller than Wembley but first time I'll have seen them in nearly five years. 
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4332 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 13:29:40 »

I'm glad I went for hospitality with hindsight, a free bar and padded seat was pretty nice for a 6+ hour gig, even if it did cost an arm and a leg.

So many highlights, but seeing Lars Ulrich + Foo Fighters + Brian Johnson playing AC/DC was pretty amazing, as was Rush. Oh, and Wolfgang Van Halen. And Them Crooked Vultures. Fuck, it was all incredible.

Watched some footage on YouTube which appears to indicate that the crowd reaction to seeing Geddy and Alex on stage again was lukewarm.  Hmmm

Nothing to see here
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #4333 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 15:13:19 »

Saw Liam last night in Cardiff. RKID was on form
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #4334 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 15:22:27 »

Saw Liam last night in Cardiff. RKID was on form

I went too, shame Carlsberg was the only lager on offer  No
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 [289] 290 291 292 ... 312   Go Up
Print