Pages: 1 ... 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073113 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4035 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:46:46 »

I got back to my real job this week.  Did 3 shows. Amber Mark in London on Monday, Biffy Clyro warming up to headline reading & leeds with a show at dreamland in Margate and Sigrid in London warming up for reading and leeds as well.

In theory it all really kicks in at the start of September.  Ive got tours with John Grant, Black Stone Cherry, The Lathums, Ellie Golding, Biffy, Sleaford Mods, Suede and a load of other shows in between.  Before finishing off the year spending a couple of weeks doing some shows in the middle east.

From no shows to 73 shows in the four month from september on.

Of course this could all go tits up.  But honestly it was fucking amazing to be back working my proper job.  Just hope it continues.

Never knowingly overstated.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4036 on: Saturday, August 28, 2021, 20:52:18 »

I'm pleased for you GK. Things do appear to be picking up in several areas (slowly slowly and all that).

Ever need a tour photographer, drop me a line and I'll send some of my work down. I'm sure we could all do with a bit of a helping hand Thumb

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4037 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 07:40:08 »

I got back to my real job this week.  Did 3 shows. Amber Mark in London on Monday, Biffy Clyro warming up to headline reading & leeds with a show at dreamland in Margate and Sigrid in London warming up for reading and leeds as well.

In theory it all really kicks in at the start of September.  Ive got tours with John Grant, Black Stone Cherry, The Lathums, Ellie Golding, Biffy, Sleaford Mods, Suede and a load of other shows in between.  Before finishing off the year spending a couple of weeks doing some shows in the middle east.

From no shows to 73 shows in the four month from september on.

Of course this could all go tits up.  But honestly it was fucking amazing to be back working my proper job.  Just hope it continues.
Beats working in a Covid morgue mate, glad things are back on track again, hopefully catch up at a gig soon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #4038 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 08:34:50 »

Beautiful days fest down near Honiton last weekend. Crap weather, crap bogs wonderful time. Levellers, NMA, James, Frank Turner, From The Jam, Bar Stewards, Selecter to name but a few. Four days much needed respite. Brilliant!

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4039 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 14:44:30 »

I was away last weekend or maybe would have popped down there as it was only about 10 miles from me, some good in the line up.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #4040 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 15:22:57 »

I was away last weekend or maybe would have popped down there as it was only about 10 miles from me, some good in the line up.
It's a wonderful festival. Been many times but no promotion yet sells out. Mrs BV to poorly to go anymore sadly so took my nuts bruv and his lad for his 16th. Now a confirmed NMA and James fan. He loved the Bar Stewards too!

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4041 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 19:42:13 »

would love to go to Isle of white. Been a James fan for years,  going to see them and Happy Mondays in November (I think)

But a bit of Tom Jones , Liam Gallagher, Snow patrol and supergrass would be alright.
---
some of you may remember when my eldest was born.

he's 17 now and at Reading festival this weekend. I recognise about 3 acts these days. And one of those was Stormzy
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4042 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:56:25 »

My eldest daughter is also at Reading.  She's been to loads of festivals with me before, but this is different.  Her and a bunch of mates.  A growing up rite of passage.

She sent a picture of her and a mate earlier.  She looks pissed.

As she should.

Never knowingly overstated.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4043 on: Sunday, August 29, 2021, 20:59:48 »

My eldest is 11 and I need to start taking her to some gigs.

Frank Carter is in Bristol later this year, might be a bit too much for her.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4044 on: Friday, September 3, 2021, 14:14:44 »

First gig in 18 months tonight.
A gentle reintroduction with an acoustic set by The Primitives at St Pancras Old Church.

Good to be supping in the Euston Flyer again.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4045 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 11:12:48 »

Not a gig as such but first night of the John Lydon Q&A tour in Hastings tonight.
Not been here before, bit of an artistic enclave by all accounts.
They have pubs which is the main thing.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #4046 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 11:56:47 »

Not a gig as such but first night of the John Lydon Q&A tour in Hastings tonight.
Not been here before, bit of an artistic enclave by all accounts.
They have pubs which is the main thing.

Can you ask him why he's turned into such a complete Cunt? Ta.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4047 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 12:14:14 »

I think the potential was always there tbh.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4048 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 12:16:33 »

He probably recognises that already but doesn't care too much.
Some aggressive questioning will make for a more entertaining evening.

Crap!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4049 on: Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 13:08:08 »

Went to Slam Dunk festival at the weekend. Must admit, it was a bit strange being so close to so many people but felt good to have a bit of normality back and see some bands!
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: