Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1073036 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4005 on: Saturday, July 31, 2021, 20:05:01 »

Managed to grab tickets to see Joe Jackson in Portsmouth in March next year, one more off my bucket list.

Good to see you'll be stepping out, in to the night! 😎

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #4006 on: Saturday, July 31, 2021, 20:18:38 »

Managed to grab tickets to see Joe Jackson in Portsmouth in March next year, one more off my bucket list.

Funnily enough, Joe Jackson is a big fan of Andy Partridge and often covers his songs, here's Mayor Of Simpleton, one of my favourite XTC songs.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #4007 on: Sunday, August 1, 2021, 07:37:48 »

Rag n Bone man last night. What a guy
Hunk

« Reply #4008 on: Sunday, August 1, 2021, 08:28:45 »

Rag n Bone man last night. What a guy

Where was that?

Really liked him when he came out, but he seemed to disappear (although perhaps I just wasn’t paying attention). Fantastic voice and a couple of cracking songs
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #4009 on: Sunday, August 1, 2021, 08:31:04 »

Was at Bath ,Hunk. Yeah i have seen him a few times now and he gets better . He is in bristol in october
Hunk

« Reply #4010 on: Sunday, August 1, 2021, 09:04:00 »

I might venture down. Need to get to more gigs and events. Hardly done any in the last 5 or so years
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4011 on: Sunday, August 1, 2021, 13:01:33 »

Love Rag n Bone Man. Saw him a few times several years ago.

Did "All You Ever Wanted" come across well in a venue? Think it suits a festival vibe better but still a cracking tune.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4012 on: Sunday, August 1, 2021, 15:42:24 »

Heading to Green Man in a few weeks - been booked for more than two years at this point, obviously was a bit more local when booked. Any recommendations? Not been before and to be honest, recognise about six or seven acts on the whole bill. I do not listen to 6Music enough, I suspect.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #4013 on: Sunday, August 1, 2021, 16:27:18 »

Hiya. Long time lurker. Green Man is superb; have been every year for last 4. As with most festivals; just check out the program and go and see any bands that take your fancy; the best sets are often ones you've never heard of or weren't that fussed about. Chai Wallahs is my favourite area; bit of a reggae / folk vibe. Enjoy!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4014 on: Sunday, August 1, 2021, 17:41:19 »

Hiya. Long time lurker. Green Man is superb; have been every year for last 4. As with most festivals; just check out the program and go and see any bands that take your fancy; the best sets are often ones you've never heard of or weren't that fussed about. Chai Wallahs is my favourite area; bit of a reggae / folk vibe. Enjoy!

Cracking username
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #4015 on: Sunday, August 1, 2021, 18:36:56 »

Funnily enough, Joe Jackson is a big fan of Andy Partridge and often covers his songs, here's Mayor Of Simpleton, one of my favourite XTC songs.

Loved listening to that thanks for posting.  One of my fave XTC songs too. Used to see Andy Partridge walking his dog every morning on my way to work and never got the nerve to say hi. You always regret the things you don’t do more than the things you do and all that.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #4016 on: Sunday, August 1, 2021, 18:51:55 »

Thanks J, showing my age!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4017 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 09:01:16 »

Honoured to have inspired your first post. Sounds good though, generally happy to just to wander around and see what I come across as long as the weather plays ball.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #4018 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 09:26:15 »

Love Rag n Bone Man. Saw him a few times several years ago.

Did "All You Ever Wanted" come across well in a venue? Think it suits a festival vibe better but still a cracking tune.
Was perfect outside but i get what you mean. I have watched him a few times and indoor venues do not do him justice
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4019 on: Monday, August 2, 2021, 13:49:51 »

Was perfect outside but i get what you mean. I have watched him a few times and indoor venues do not do him justice

Yeah absolutely. Unless it's a fully acoustic/Acapella set then he's better outside but I think he's moving more towards becoming a full band rather than a pure solo artist.

In other news, I might be off to see John Cooper-Clarke in 'Ull sometime in November!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: