Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: residents not happy  (Read 4389 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 19:05:51 »

yes, I have lived there as well.  I quite liked it, but I think is more to do with closeness to the pubs in Town and the ground.

The residents are not moaning, they were simply mentioning there concerns, which are catered for on the whole within the proposals (the cricket pitch does not have to be developed on for example) and the other spaces have not just been protected but targetted for improvements.
cavpete

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 19:13:39 »

Arnt these the same people that write into the adver saying that swindon is an eyesore. It needs redeveloping from the center outwards. They say they need new buildings, better amenities, bigger leisure centers and better shops. Then when a company puts in a development plan that will help all of swindon They go up in arms and say no it will ruin our green space, too much noise, more traffic, wont see the benefits for locals etc. WHAT FUCKIN HYPOCRITES. Swindon is slowly being killed by these people in one hand they want development but in another hand they dont want it on there doorstep but someone elses then moan there is fuck all this side of swindon.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 19:15:30 »

Fella's the residents ARE NOT moaning, it seems the Adver got the wrong end of the stick.
cavpete

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 19:19:20 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Fella's the residents ARE NOT moaning, it seems the Adver got the wrong end of the stick.

Was on about it generally. Not just the county ground (they moaned about a roof over stratton bank saying it will block there view/sunlight) Had enough of it wonder what they would say if town did up and move to nam. And sainsburys buys the covent from goddards estates  

TalkTalk

« Reply #34 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 22:04:36 »

Quote from: "cavpete"
Not just the county ground (they moaned about a roof over stratton bank saying it will block there view/sunlight)

That wasn't the reason it didn't happen, although a perfectly reasonable planning objection from a local resident.

The club didn't  have the money to pay for it.

No change there then.
sonic youth

« Reply #35 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 22:05:55 »

that was the most recent "attempt". i believe the earlier attempts were put paid to by local residents.
TalkTalk

« Reply #36 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 22:09:09 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
that was the most recent "attempt". i believe the earlier attempts were put paid to by local residents.

Hence the consultation with the Shrivvy Road residents about the Trust's CG redevelopment proposals and the suggestion of sloping the roof at the corner to minimise loss of light.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, December 22, 2006, 23:01:46 »

I don't think an application for the SB was ever submitted Sonic.  There were very vocal protests by one or two (I had the pleasure of dicsussing it with the main one and he was loopy) but we never got around to actually trying.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, December 23, 2006, 17:45:32 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Oh and what is being built on the former GW sports ground?  

thats right, houses

Built on by Steve Slattery and co i beleive.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: