Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Message to Mike Bowden  (Read 2894 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 10:30:05 »

I've heard good things about you from several sources. What I cannot understand, therefore, is why you would want to tarnish your reputation by associating yourself with the current board of STFC.

The current board is on its way out, and they are clearly using you in a desperate, 11th hour attempt to salvage the situation for themselves. This will not work. The fans have been lied to too often by this board, and momentum is building now to ensure they are removed.

If you are not aware of the DTI investigation in to the affairs of one individual working with the current board (who I assume you will now be working with), I would strongly advise you to do some research in that area.

Key members of the current regime at STFC have been so utterly discredited for being disreputable, for being incompetent, for lying about the financial affairs of the club at the AGM...the list goes on. Please consider your position carefully. Many of us are thinking that you can do better than this, and would not want you come to be seen as guilty by association.

Oh - and one last thing. Do try to gain a clear, up to date picture of the club's financial position if you can (with a reliable audit trail, if possible). The fans have been trying to do this for years, but your fellow board members have weaseled out of providing this information at every opportunity.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 11:41:21 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"
I've heard good things about you from several sources. What I cannot understand, therefore, is why you would want to tarnish your reputation by associating yourself with the current board of STFC.

The current board is on its way out, and they are clearly using you in a desperate, 11th hour attempt to salvage the situation for themselves. This will not work. The fans have been lied to too often by this board, and momentum is building now to ensure they are removed.

If you are not aware of the DTI investigation in to the affairs of one individual working with the current board (who I assume you will now be working with), I would strongly advise you to do some research in that area.

Key members of the current regime at STFC have been so utterly discredited for being disreputable, for being incompetent, for lying about the financial affairs of the club at the AGM...the list goes on. Please consider your position carefully. Many of us are thinking that you can do better than this, and would not want you come to be seen as guilty by association.

Oh - and one last thing. Do try to gain a clear, up to date picture of the club's financial position if you can (with a reliable audit trail, if possible). The fans have been trying to do this for years, but your fellow board members have weaseled out of providing this information at every opportunity.

STFC don't do audit trails  Soapy Tit Wank

There's no way you could 'create' one for the past 2 or so years.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 16:46:39 »

Quote from: "Ardiles"

:goodpost:

I would send that to him at the club via snail mail if i were you.
Just out of curiosity, who are the sources from whom you've heard such good things about Mr.Bowden? No names required, just perhaps the type of people you have been talking to?

I was not aware of any DTI investigations into the quote"key members of the current regime"end quote.
Can you shed any further light on this without leaving yourself open ?

Thanks in advance,

Millom

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 16:57:28 »

It concerns our mutual friend and advisor to SSW and one of his companies I think. You could probably find out more about on thisis, but I must say if it is true then the info should have been kept under wraps.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 17:07:45 »

Can you post a thisis link si pie. Dont fancy going trawling tbh.(lazy bastard that i am)

Cheers,,

Millom

Await The Day
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 17:13:11 »

I don't go on there I just know it's been spoken of. I think it might be on MOS as well, but it's probably weeks old this bit of 'news'.

I don't know if you find out any more 'information' or just people commenting...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 17:28:54 »

You're right - there is nothing new in this.  Which makes it all the more baffling that the local media has chosen to ignore it.  I have seen a document that makes reference to the investigation (as have a number of others, I understand) - but I can't say anything more than that because I know nothing of the background to this.  I am not in a position to say anything about the nature of the investigation; all I am going on is word of mouth and an e-mailed copy of a letter, both of which seem to indicate that an investigation is happening or is about to happen.  What I find interesting, though, is that no one at the club has moved to deny it.

I have heard good things about Mike Bowden from three people, two of whom I don't know (postings on web forums).  The third person was someone I know well who was talking yesterday to one of MB's old colleagues.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 17:42:30 »

Quote from: "millom red"
Can you post a thisis link si pie. Dont fancy going trawling tbh.(lazy bastard that i am)

Cheers,,

Millom

The source of this was Peter Rowe....who was the CE, fired out by the current bunch....who has a particular axe to grind with the regime.

Doesn't necessarily invalidate the info, but maybe some harder data is needed before sounding off on message boards, what could turn out to be unfounded allegations.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 17:46:28 »

Thanks for that Ardiles. It is interesting that nothing has been said at club level though! Are the club likely to be part of any dti investigation to the best of your knowledge? I remember reading about a business that Mick the Greek stuffed up in cornwall a while back(posted by some guy called woodiestfc who when i first read it, and other post's, seemed to have a personal grudge against the Newbury set so i did not pay too much attention to it at the time), is it this that is being investigated?

Had a trawl on thisis si pie but could'nt find anything recent.
I still go there now and then for a giggle.

Reg....Peter Rowe was a while back now was'nt he?

Cheers,
Millom

Await The Day
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 18:06:29 »

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1019&p=16&style=1&forumId=3486&action=1&replytoid=530667580

Mr Rowe speaks. As Reg says, he does have an axe to grind. But then again that doesn't necessarily make him a liar.

Fact or fiction - you make your own mind up...

It has come to my attention that all is not well again at STFC.

And I am led to believe a certain Newbury citizen with Town connections (although some will argue how much of a connection) is being currently investigated by the DTI's criminal investigation unit.

It is alleged this person controlled several companies over a number of years when he was disqualified.

There are some very familiar names in these documents of investigation - some we all know with board links at STFC and Newbury.

The DTI have taken many months to investigate a number of allegations and have over 30 pieces of real evidence.

They have now passed this documentation to the criminal investigation department of the DTI.

I also believe SSW is aware of this investigation but still chooses to work with this person.

Following the revelation over the CVA non-payment, it also appears that some board members are actively trying to block any possible takeover talks from a consortium wishing to buy the club.

They are trying to make it known that the consortium are trying to renegotiate the whole CVA - which is rubbish - all they have done is act with due dilligence to investigate the true financial status of the club.

What now worries me, after having read the post from mark devlin, is where has that money from Bill Power gone?

And where has other monies? To prop up another business in Newbury? Or to make preferential payments to some of SSW's loans to the club - which would be in contravention of the CVA.

And who has lied at an AGM of recent years to other minority shareholders in order to allow the Newbury link to control the entire running of the club? That too is a criminal offence.

It is very serious if this is true - but of course maybe this is just another of those final scenario nightmares we all have from time to time?

They are all implicated in my view...and it stinks.

On his 'previous with the Newbury crew
http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=1019&p=16&style=1&forumId=3486&action=1&replytoid=530657963

I note with interest some posts on the trust site suggesting I was employed by Newbury and or by Mike Diamandis when at the club.

This is incorrect - I have never been - and would never want to be - employed by him or his network of companies and interests.

I have met the man a few times and back in 2001 was stabbed in the back by him - hence the fact I do not trust him at all.

I have the greatest of respect for Sir Seton and admire his efforts to keep the club afloat over a number of years, but cannot fathom why has allowed his judgment to be clouded by this person.

Some would say I have an axe to grind - but that was a few years ago and my main concern is the future viability and success of STFC, of which I am a fan.

I do though find it very hard to stomach some of the PR garbage and lame excuses put out by the club which clearly shows the hypocrites they really are when it comes to some of their underhand dealings compared to others before them.

Yes, my experience at the club made me very ill and a court case did not help - thankfully there was nothing to be guilty about as I knew and know I did nothing wrong.

The fact a high court judge threw it out and awarded my costs says it all, I believe.

And even after that, I still follow the Town, from many parts of the world, as I travel a lot these days.

At the end of the day - if the club is being used as a plaything by some, or corporate laws are breached, they have to held accountable.

Now, I am off on some travels - but will be watching for results, as I sincerely hope this does not affect the on field performances as they are vital if we are to climb back up the leagues.

So - Go the Town - and to those who did question my motive for speaking out, I hope now you understand.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 18:10:52 »

Reg....Peter Rowe was a while back now was'nt he?

Cheers,
Millom

Peter Rowe went about 5 years ago......that's his posting  on MoS that Batch has put on above, its about 2 weeks old.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 18:28:07 »

Fucking hell....So is it likely that any paper trail will lead back to our beloved club? And if it does, and things are NOT in order, are we likely to be penalised?~shuffles uncomfortably with worry~
 Also, apart from management experience, is Peter Rowe minted? If so, should he be involved with the consortium?
This appears to be getting nasty. I aint been on mos for a beaky for a long time. Stanley's site isnt it?

Millom

Await The Day
lebowski

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 18:34:11 »

peter rowe was chief executive, not an investor.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 18:37:42 »

Fucking hell....So is it likely that any paper trail will lead back to our beloved club? And if it does, and things are NOT in order, are we likely to be penalised?~shuffles uncomfortably with worry~
 Also, apart from management experience, is Peter Rowe minted? If so, should he be involved with the consortium?
This appears to be getting nasty. I aint been on mos for a beaky for a long time. Stanley's site isnt it?

Millom

Stanley's site isnt it?

*Shudder*.....MoS  has a small posting base, but many of the regulars have been there some years.......Mike Wilks being one of them.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 10, 2006, 18:47:33 »

Cheers Reg. Can you as someone who's been around a bit answer any of my questions though?
I knew he was ce lebowski, just wondered if he had money of his own or any contacts that could be usefull money wise?
Oh and thanks Batch for the info! :thumbs:

Millom

Await The Day
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: