Poll
Question: Who was the worst manager of all time?  (Voting closed: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 23:25:09)
Iffy Onuora - 11 (14.7%)
Jimmy Quinn - 9 (12%)
Steve McMahon - 9 (12%)
John Gorman - 4 (5.3%)
John Trollope - 0 (0%)
Les Allen - 3 (4%)
Bert Head - 0 (0%)
Dave Mackay - 2 (2.7%)
Andy King - 12 (16%)
Colin Todd - 25 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 50

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst ever Town manager?  (Read 5102 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, November 9, 2006, 18:19:38 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Gorman was totally out of his depth, spending £600k on Mark Robinson, £800k for Beauchamp and £500k on Whitbread was a total waste, we didn't have that kind of money to throw away.

He bought Jan A F, any man who did that cannot be named as STFC's worst ever manager.

Yeah but that was totally down to David Hay really.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, November 9, 2006, 18:39:10 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
for reasons of equality I had to include him as he was at the club when we got relegated in '65.

I'll let you off you young whipper-snapper

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, November 9, 2006, 19:41:57 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
Todd. Was only here for 3 months but manage to expensivly assemble a squad of total shite. the twat

Yes
sonic youth

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, November 9, 2006, 19:43:27 »

Quote from: "adje"
Quote from: "sonic youth"
for reasons of equality I had to include him as he was at the club when we got relegated in '65.

I'll let you off you young whipper-snapper

i remember the relegation well, damn you
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 9, 2006, 22:50:32 »

We are forgetting Tuttle. Ditched us after less than 24 hours. What a deserting waster. Didn't win a game, didn't even take training for fuck sake!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 09:15:21 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Gorman was totally out of his depth, spending £600k on Mark Robinson, £800k for Beauchamp and £500k on Whitbread was a total waste, we didn't have that kind of money to throw away.

He bought Jan A F, any man who did that cannot be named as STFC's worst ever manager.

Yeah but that was totally down to David Hay really.

JAF Still arrived under the Gorman era.  If you use your arguement you could say that Gorman was hugely influencial during our promotion year under Hoddle.  As it was well known that Hoddle was unpopular with the players and Gorman, as his right hand man, was the rather successful man manager during that time.  

Gorman for all his faults cannot be classed as the poorest manager we have ever had.  IMO.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 21:55:48 »

Quote from: "adje"
Dave Mackay without question,Bert Head?Are you serious,the man who discovered Don Rogers,John Trollope,Ernie Hunt,Bobby Woodruff etc and won promotion?

yay I'm the other one
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 23:56:35 »

I'm disgusted any of you voted for King. I'm tempted to lock or delete this thread you fuckers.
BB12

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, November 16, 2006, 22:19:50 »

The fact that I had to consider my 'selection' for more than a nanosecond is evidence, if it were needed, that we've had to suffer a ridiculous succession of shite managers during recent years - but my vote goes to John Gormless. Lovely bloke, goes without saying.

Responsible for a full season of total misery. Bad enough that we only win five games, but the 5-0s, 7-1s, 6-2s, put a generation of kids off STFC forever.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: