Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worried  (Read 5379 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:17:40 »

Ok, sorry for starting a new thread...

Reading some of the things people are writing about possible replacements for Wise has got me very, very worried indeed.

Seems the only people writing into the Adver are people who believe football is the same game it was 20 years ago - well it isn't I'm affriad.

If the board take the advise from these people, and some on here then we'l either have Macari back in charge or someone like Chalkie.  Now I understand why people would jump to the conclusion that maybe appointments like this are a good idea, but they're down right ridiculous if you ask me.  

We'd be screwed if we went this route, but the board would belive they've done what the fans want - unfortunately they couldn't be more wrong.

Furthermore, what if we do actually manage to get a fans consortium together - god we'd be dead and burried before you could say 'Lou Macari's barmy army' if the average fan had their say - some of you are living in the past, it's time to put the 80's and 90's behind us and look toward progressing in the 21st century.

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:
STFC Village

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:20:03 »

Well said Tom
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:21:49 »

Totally agree.

It's All Good..............
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:22:16 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Ok, sorry for starting a new thread...

Reading some of the things people are writing about possible replacements for Wise has got me very, very worried indeed.

Seems the only people writing into the Adver are people who believe football is the same game it was 20 years ago - well it isn't I'm affriad.

If the board take the advise from these people, and some on here then we'l either have Macari back in charge or someone like Chalkie.  Now I understand why people would jump to the conclusion that maybe appointments like this are a good idea, but they're down right ridiculous if you ask me.  

We'd be screwed if we went this route, but the board would belive they've done what the fans want - unfortunately they couldn't be more wrong.

Furthermore, when we do actually manage to get a fans consortium together - god we'd be dead and burried before you could say 'Lou Macari's barmy army' if the average fan had their say - some of you are living in the past, it's time to put the 80's and 90's behind us and look toward progressing in the 21st century.

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

ahem
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:24:39 »

Good post KT.

I also think appointing Macari/White/King/Onoura would be a complete disaster and a huge step backwards, Wise has given this club a huge fucking kick up the arse and we need an equally intelligent manager to carry this on. Unfortunately not many fans can see this though and want to stick with what they know - familiar names.

IMO we need someone with proven experience at this level, like Sturrock, or someone with a bit of ambition to take the club forwards.

For the current board to see this would need a huge amount of fan power, sadly too many are extremely short sighted and set in their cold and dreary ways and would happilly see us wallow in this division under a mediocre manager.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:24:58 »

Sorry Fred, just promise me one thing - never take Fatbury's advice...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:26:38 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Sorry Fred, just promise me one thing - never take Fatbury's advice...

No worries

he's been stalking me for the last 3 weeks.

Ive even brought Thumper inside
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:41:05 »

The worry should also include Adie Williams.

If he's unnsuccessful, what are the chances of the new manager wanting the previous incumbent around? We could lose a valuable player.

Just to cheer everyone up..............................

It's All Good..............
Dazzza

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:43:26 »

Big Lou 12 months ago would have been great but my biggest concern would be with trying to carry on the momentum and keep as much continuity as possible.  He's been out of the game for far to long and his approach to player management is in stark contrast to Wise and Poyet’s.

No harm in tossing the likes of Hoddle and Fjortoft about as it’s as likely as Mourinho.  

Not fond of Sturrock either to be honest but his record is complementary at this level.  He just gives me the impression of a manger that is on the wane and may not have the influence and charisma to take things forward.

I’d genuinely like to see Williams get the job long term but the concern there is that he may not have the grunt and experience to manage those behind the scenes.  I’m genuinely stumped for other names.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:48:07 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
Big Lou 12 months ago would have been great but my biggest concern would be with trying to carry on the momentum and keep as much continuity as possible.  He's been out of the game for far to long and his approach to player management is in stark contrast to Wise and Poyet’s.

No harm in tossing the likes of Hoddle and Fjortoft about as it’s as likely as Mourinho.  

Not fond of Sturrock either to be honest but his record is complementary at this level.  He just gives me the impression of a manger that is on the wane and may not have the influence and charisma to take things forward.

I’d genuinely like to see Williams get the job long term but the concern there is that he may not have the grunt and experience to manage those behind the scenes.  I’m genuinely stumped for other names.

Realistically there can be no progress until the present regime are ousted, so in that sense it makes little difference who is appointed....sooner or later they will be screwed, look what happened to King.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:50:07 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Dazzza"

Realistically there can be no progress until the present regime are ousted, so in that sense it makes little difference who is appointed....sooner or later they will be screwed, look what happened to King.

Nail my flag to the mast on this one Reg

Yes  :toppost:
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:55:03 »

Sven Goran Eriksson is out of a job still isn't he?

What about David Beckham as a player/manager now his careers down the shit pan

I would like to see STFC_Bart take over in all honesty.

Dazzza

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:55:19 »

There was a decent piece about French club Lyon on the Beeb a couple of weeks back that's worth a read.

Emphasises the importance of consistency behind the scenes being one of the key components to long term success or a football club.

Depressing stuff when put into context  

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6046336.stm

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:56:31 »

ouch
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:57:11 »

If we get Lou Macari back I'll become a Reading fan
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up