Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worried  (Read 5378 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 17:58:49 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
If we get Lou Macari back I'll become a Reading fan

:nono:  :shake:  :nono:  :shake:  Si Pi
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 18:26:34 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

It's never going to fucking happen though is it!  :roll:

p.s. if it still does then I'm buying a Reading season ticket
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 18:44:09 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

It's never going to fucking happen though is it!  :roll:

p.s. if it still does then I'm buying a Reading season ticket

can I get a lift ?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 18:45:27 »

No
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 18:48:02 »

No

Doh
sonic youth

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 26, 2006, 23:09:11 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Ok, sorry for starting a new thread...

Reading some of the things people are writing about possible replacements for Wise has got me very, very worried indeed.

Seems the only people writing into the Adver are people who believe football is the same game it was 20 years ago - well it isn't I'm affriad.

If the board take the advise from these people, and some on here then we'l either have Macari back in charge or someone like Chalkie.  Now I understand why people would jump to the conclusion that maybe appointments like this are a good idea, but they're down right ridiculous if you ask me.  

We'd be screwed if we went this route, but the board would belive they've done what the fans want - unfortunately they couldn't be more wrong.

Furthermore, what if we do actually manage to get a fans consortium together - god we'd be dead and burried before you could say 'Lou Macari's barmy army' if the average fan had their say - some of you are living in the past, it's time to put the 80's and 90's behind us and look toward progressing in the 21st century.

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Spot on.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 09:38:35 »

Reading some of the things people are writing about possible replacements for Wise has got me very, very worried indeed.

Seems the only people writing into the Adver are people who believe football is the same game it was 20 years ago - well it isn't I'm affriad.

If the board take the advise from these people, and some on here then we'l either have Macari back in charge or someone like Chalkie.  Now I understand why people would jump to the conclusion that maybe appointments like this are a good idea, but they're down right ridiculous if you ask me.  

We'd be screwed if we went this route, but the board would belive they've done what the fans want - unfortunately they couldn't be more wrong.

Furthermore, what if we do actually manage to get a fans consortium together - god we'd be dead and burried before you could say 'Lou Macari's barmy army' if the average fan had their say - some of you are living in the past, it's time to put the 80's and 90's behind us and look toward progressing in the 21st century.

Best post I've read for ages - good work
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 09:59:12 »

Very well said KT. Just because these guys were good 20 years ago it doesn't mean they know the ins and outs of League 2 management.

I would much rather see somebody who has been on the scene recently such as Sturrock (no matter how much I dislike him as a person). He has proven himself at this level and this team is more than capable of automatic promotion. What we have to avoid is somebody who could bring in old/foreign/fancy ideas that would upset the regime

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 10:40:26 »

but thats only your opinion,not necesarily true is it.
please tell me the major diffrences in football sice 20 years ago?

ok so the prem has changed with the major influx of foreigners and the money and power players now hold but to me,lower league footy has changed very little with the standard of player and actual quality of football being played very similar to that of 20 years ago
fitness and power seem to be the ingredients needed to get success at lower league levels.wise's and macari's teams aint that different imo.we have been grinding out games this season just like macaris team did.the football quality hasn't been of high standard at all, infact its been pretty poor and the fact we have been winning glosses over the fact that the footy in general is pretty darn cack!
fact is we dont know who or what will work here,but people can adapt to the situations they find themselves in.look at gradi at crewe,been in the job for donkeys but they play attractive passing football.
of all the names in the adver macari wins hands down for me
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:04:34 »

KT is spot on. To quote one idiot from today's adver

Andy King drove me away from the County Ground, if the board are stupid enough to hire him again, I would never set foot there again...

A man with a bit of sense you'd think. Well you'd be wrong.

... On the other hand, if Shaun Taylor is given the job, I will buy a season ticket tomorrow!

:wall:
mattboyslim

« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:54:34 »

They say never go back, with good reason.  Much as I'd love to see a boyhood hero, ie the '93 team, in all honesty only Calderwood and Ling (hoddle too) have been decent managers, both currently higher up the ladder than us.  Someone like Jan the Man would be a huge coup, but for me at the moment a stabilising decision like Sturrock, penney etc makes sense.  Williams would hopefully carry on where wise left off, but maybe lacks the experience if things go awry.  I maintain my firm belief that you can't trust the general public, I think the man in the adver reaffims my belief.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 11:59:40 »

Isn't Penny going to Darlo.  He's a northern lad, he'd probably take the local option, plus he'll get more at Darlo.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 12:34:28 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Isn't Penny going to Darlo.  He's a northern lad, he'd probably take the local option, plus he'll get more at Darlo.

probably is tbh and Sturrock might opt for his native Scotland too. which only leaves us with Brian Little (whats everyones opinions on him? do you think he could do a good job?) and heaven forbid Gary Megson  :shake:  :wall:
red macca

« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 12:37:36 »

Quote from: "janaage"
we are more local to penny than people probably realise his family are all still nicely settled in oxford
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, October 27, 2006, 13:35:45 »

Wouldn't mind Penny seeing as he took Donny to back-to-back promotions.

Looking at the http://www.leaguemanagers.com/# I've found a few others that might be worth considering:

Neale Cooper (took Harlepool to promotion and into the playoffs)

Mark McGee (League Two title with Reading, League Two title with Millwall and playoffs the year after, 2 promotions with Brighton)

Nigel Worthington (took Norwich into the Premiership)

A few others but I'd doubt they'd be interested (Alex McLeish, O'Leary, Joe Royle etc)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: