Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Things I hate about football...  (Read 7354 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 12:19:41 »

Reading the thread about the possibility of the City game being postponed due to international call ups made me think "Oooooh, I really really hate it when that happens!!!"

So here is a list of things I REALLY hate about the beautiful game

1) Games being called off due to international call ups

2) Half time - It goes on forever, 10 minutes was bad enough but since they increased it to 15, it's unbearable!

3) Poncy Premiership managers like Wenger who go on about how we should have a mid-winter break.  Mid-winter break?Huh??? Half time's too long for me, I would abolish that if I could, don't talk to me about mid bleedin' winter breaks!!!!!

4) Being told by some faceless suit in Zurich that the man in black who runs up and down the line with a flag is no longer a linesman, the perfectly good title he has been using for the last 100 years. Oh no, he is an assistant referee!  And the commentators, rather than ignoring this nonsense, go along with it! i.e. "That was a strange decision my the linesman, or, should I say, ahem, ASSISTANT REFEREE"

5) Being told: "Ooooooh, you can't stand in the Town end, it's for your own safety"

6) Being told: "Ooooooh, you can't go on the pitch after the last game of the season, it's for your own safety"

Points 5 and 6 are BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7) Jens Lehmann

8. Robbie Savage

9) England frendlies - They can play them behind closed doors for all I care.

10) Stupid, rehearsed goal celebrations.  When Klinsmann did his 'dive' when he scored for Spurs it was absolute quality but it should have ended there.

11) Settling down in your seat and discovering you have a party of junior school kids right behind you.

12) The 'Maxpax' type tea you always get served.

Thankyou.

THE END.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 12:22:44 »

you should go on grumpy old men  Cheesy

but I agree with some of your points, well most.

My major one is why does Roy Keane exist?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 12:24:28 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
you should go on grumpy old men  Cheesy

but I agree with some of your points, well most.

My major one is why does Roy Keane exist?

Grumpy old men are cool!

Surely there's nothing on there you don't agree with???
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 12:25:46 »

conceding late goals is the worst thing in the world

officially blacker than the night.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 12:26:15 »

I don't disagree with any of them actually, just that some are more true than others.  

Especially moving the City game, they'll move it to a netball night guaranteed  :evil:
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 12:44:05 »

13. People who turn up, pay their money and do nothing other than moan, whinge and criticize

14. being searched on the way into the ground

15. Cock faced stewards asking to see my ticket to allow me to walk past the centre of the TE. I'VE GOT A FUCKING SEASON TICKET YOU COCK FACED COCK SUCKING COCK FACE

16. Players who waste thier talent. Stan collymore being a fine example. I'd give anything to have 1/2 of the talent that bloke had, and he just pissed it away

17. Players not trying. To a certian extent I can accept a player being shite, as long as he is giving 100%. What I cant stand is players mincing around as if they own the place, bottling tackles and making fairly like touches, whilst fuckers like me pay them to do it. (Are you listening Brian?)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 12:51:07 »

Commentators are my No1 pet hate

About 5 years after the back pass rule came the majority used to say "and remember the goalkeeper can't pick it up now".  We fucking know, dickhead.

The way they pretend goal difference, or the away goal rule, is sooo compliacted.  A typical sentence is "I'll leave you to do the maths Ron" fuck off prick, it's maths that a five year old could understand.

They seem unable to say, the linesman/referee got it wrong there.  Instead it's, "that was a tight one".  No it wasn't, they got it fucking wrong!!

No one likes penalties, some will say.  Yes they do,  it's probably the most nerve racking, tense, exciting 5 minutes that football has to offer.  The neutrals love 'em.
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 12:55:40 »

- Kieran Dyer by name Dyer by nature.
- The Razor's Edge Sunday newspaper column.  
- Prawn Sandwich fans.
- Part time England supporters (with a passion)
- Expense

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 12:57:53 »

All very good points. espically the The Town End ones.
Piemonte

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 13:15:33 »

Following on from Janaage's media based points:

Old pros / pundits refusing to say "that was crap, he missed from 2 yards. Thats the worst miss i've ever seen"

Instead they say "he'll be dissapointed with that" or "he'll feel he could have done better there"

Pisses me off that they wont tell it like it is through fear of annoying of their old mates
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 13:16:47 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
Commentators are my No1 pet hate

The way they pretend goal difference, or the away goal rule, is sooo compliacted.  A typical sentence is "I'll leave you to do the maths Ron" fuck off prick, it's maths that a five year old could understand.

They like to say, "Ooooh, it's time to get the slide rules out now!"
Does anyone even know what a slide rule is or how you actually use one?Huh?

You certainly don't need one to work out goal difference :evil:
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 13:18:47 »

Sky Sports News - Breaking News, then they scroll the Arsenal team to play Palace.  That's not Breaking News, that's what usually happens two hours before a game.  That should be an update from Highbury not breaking news.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 13:21:10 »

I hate it when they go on about 'Premiership Records' thereby totally desregarding everything that happened before 1992 like it never happened and, anyway, Sky didn't show it so its not worth talking about.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 13:26:12 »

oooh I have 2 more big ones you just reminded me.

I hate the premiershit

and people that don't support their local team, that support a premiershit team and never go to games.

people that say swindon are shit when they have never watched a minutes football in their life
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 13:27:56 »

I think I would be pissed off if I was a Liverpool fan.  After what they acheived in the 70's and 80's, it's never really mentioned by Sky at all.  It's always Utd have won a record number of Premierships.  I suppose it's lucky I can't stand the scouse thieving pikeys.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: