Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 19877 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:35:52 »

Quote from: "arriba"
Quote from: "flammableBen"
I smoke on and off pretty constantly. rarely during the day though, normally in the evening. The only thing that pisses me off about non-smokers - especially the ones that used to smoke and have successfully quit, is that they always presume you're trying to give up and even when you point out that you're not really and are quite happy smoking, there seems to be a presumption it's because you can't stop.

i would say smoke all you want as long as noboby else is effected by it.its a matter of choice

the issue is that people are affected by it. i don't care but i can see the aguments and enjoy reading a good debate

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:36:11 »

Quote from: "red macca"
i dont agree with alchahol arriba i would be grateful if you didnt have a drink before the game please on saturday...explain the difference pls

gladly.how does what i do or not drink affect anyone else,
unless i breathe all over them.smoking is a tottally different issue.
Amir

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:44:44 »

Drinking makes people violent and is the cause of so many social/pyshical/mental ills it's unreal.  Alright it's not directly comparible, but it is the equivilent in some ways of saying you wish people wouldn't drink around you.

And besides, for all that's said about passive smoking how many people do you hear of contracting lung cancer who've never smoked(apart from Roy Castle but he way taking in huge gulps of air in smoke filled rooms)?  It may be thousands, yet it seems to me you'd hear alot more about it if it was prevalant.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:48:10 »

Quote from: "Amir"

Drinking makes people violent and is the cause of so many social/pyshical/mental ills it's unreal.  Alright it's not directly comparible, but it is the equivilent in some ways of saying you wish people wouldn't drink around you.

And besides, for all that's said about passive smoking how many people do you hear of contracting lung cancer who've never smoked(apart from Roy Castle but he way taking in huge gulps of air in smoke filled rooms)?  It may be thousands, yet it seems to me you'd hear alot more about it if it was prevalant.

i cannot argue with any of your post.but would like to say that having smoke blown in the vacinity of someone could be found to be uncomfortable.that could be one ciggerette.would one pint of lager consumed cause such discomfort to a third party?
unless part of it it spilled on them of course
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:51:25 »

How often is it one pint though?
sonic youth

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 22:58:48 »

whenever the person in question is driving, i'd guess.

i still smoke, i've gone back to marlboro dykes as dunhills are only cheap in tesco and there's no tesco near me.

i got through about 2/3rds of a 20 pack on tuesday night, i chainsmoked like fuck in the second half.

i don't give a toss if people don't like me smoking, they can always move elsewhere.

arriba, it's great that you've got such strong opinions on every subject under the sun but do you really need to give us them at every available opportunity and insult everyone in the process? just a polite request, like.

p.s. spacey and yeovil forced me to start smoking
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 23:01:45 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
whenever the person in question is driving, i'd guess.
i still smoke, i've gone back to marlboro dykes as dunhills are only cheap in tesco and there's no tesco near me.

i got through about 2/3rds of a 20 pack on tuesday night, i chainsmoked like fuck in the second half.

i don't give a toss if people don't like me smoking, they can always move elsewhere.

arriba, it's great that you've got such strong opinions on every subject under the sun but do you really need to give us them at every available opportunity and insult everyone in the process? just a polite request, like.

Unfortunately not always the case.
Amir

« Reply #52 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 23:03:08 »

would one pint of lager consumed cause such discomfort to a third party?

No, and I understand that point which is why I said they're not directly comparible.  The issue here is whether the probable majority of people have the right to tell others what they should do because it annoys them.  IMHO the CG should have smoking sections so that people have choice, which is a fundamental tenet of society, rather than having everything you do dictated to you.
sonic youth

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 23:04:58 »

the county ground does have non-smoking sections. one in the nationwide and one in the town end.

therefore, if you sit in a non-smoking area and get cancer from somebody sat in a five metre radius of you, then it's your fault.
spacey

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 23:06:55 »

I find non smokers make excellent ashtrays, especially when they're sat in front of me wearing hooded tops.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 23:08:29 »

Amir

« Reply #56 on: Thursday, August 10, 2006, 23:12:24 »

I find non smokers make excellent ashtrays, especially when they're sat in front of me wearing hooded tops.

Cheesy

I flick a fag out of a car window once that came back in and landed in my friends hood, only I was too drunk to bother to tell him.  He fell asleep later in all his clothes and then found the hole and the butt in the morning and thought he'd fallen asleep smoking.   I didn't bother to tell him the truth.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 07:47:50 »

Oops  I'll probably get told off being the forum lovechild and all that.....but I smoked on holiday because I was so bored. But do not fear, I have not continued as I gave my fags to my boyfriend when I got back. He's trying to quit at the moment too.

RED ARMY
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 08:10:31 »

I probably smoke about 50 a week at the moment. The worst thing about smoking for me is the fag hangover in the morning, much worse than the one caused by the booze.
my-velocity

« Reply #59 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 08:13:28 »

Smokings a dirty habit, and a waste of money. If you want to quit just quit, if you can't your just very weak minded.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: