Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smoking  (Read 19946 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #75 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 10:06:23 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
The only thing that pisses me off about non-smokers - especially the ones that used to smoke and have successfully quit, is that they always presume you're trying to give up and even when you point out that you're not really and are quite happy smoking, there seems to be a presumption it's because you can't stop.

Good point, I don't wanna give up, has rarely crossed my mind, apart from when my old man started smoking again.

He was 60 aday and gave up for 10 years, and recently started again. I felt that he started again because i smoked, so was gonna give up to help him, but frankly, he couldn't give a shit.
red macca

« Reply #76 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 10:08:25 »

Quote from: "Ginginho"
I must stop reading this thread. The more I read it, the more I want a fag!
It's like a sore tooth, I can't stop touching it.
Which, by the way, I also have and I am having root canal on Wednesday which is gonna set me back £170.00 Sad

I am so fucking grumpy at the moment it's not funny.
Part of me is saying fuck it, have a fag, you know you want to.
The other part (the sensible part) is saying "you can do it".
And I don't know who to listen to.  :shock:
have a fag
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 10:14:04 »

:|

NO NO NO I Can't

I will crack eventually, I know it.
My missus cracked last night, and had a couple....which makes it even harder for me.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 10:30:20 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Ralphy"
Reg, whats your prefered choice of baccy ?

I have often wondered what smoking a pipe is like  Cheesy

I like a smooth shag...something that provides a taste of the exotic..

same here reg  Wink

I could fill your pipe for you Birdy.....share some mutual rubbing....and then practise sucking and blowing technique.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 10:32:27 »

then can we have a chuff?
Doore

« Reply #80 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 10:54:39 »

Quote from: "Cookie"
I probably smoke about 50 a week at the moment. The worst thing about smoking for me is the fag hangover in the morning, much worse than the one caused by the booze.

What the hell is afag hangover?  I've been on 20 a day for a few years and never had one of these.

This thread has made for interesting reading.  I'm off outside to mull it over with a fag.
Barry Scott

« Reply #81 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 11:11:33 »

On a side note, although still related, passive smoking is clearly bad for you, as is taking in any toxins. However, it has often been stated that living in a built up city will cause similar levels of toxins to be deposited in your lungs, as a full time smoker, which are just as likely to cause lung cancer.

In conclusion, what these studies state, is the government fuelled media likes to tell you how harmful smoking is, yet fail to state that you are just as likely to die of lung cancer by living in London.

In the same way, they like to tell you smokers cost the NHS some £100m a year. What they conveniently forget is that smoking earns the goverment the fat side of £9billion a year in tax.

You should all want us to smoke and be pleased we do. If we all stop smoking, your tax will go up to fill the massive void left by smoking related tax, or the best part of £9billion.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it people.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 11:13:22 »

Isn't it true that it takes 6 months for your lungs to fully clear after giving up smoking?
Barry Scott

« Reply #83 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 11:27:36 »

Your lungs never clear as such, but you chances of getting heart disease have redcued to normal levels provided you are below 35.

I think.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 11:30:22 »

I have to give up now while i'm still young.

25 next week  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 11:38:37 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
Your lungs never clear as such, but you chances of getting heart disease have redcued to normal levels provided you are below 35.

I think.

Crap, I've got about two weeks to give up then.
flammableBen

« Reply #86 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 11:42:10 »

I thought it was 30 not 35. I like the sounds of an extra 5 years though.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #87 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 12:25:00 »

I'm not bothered by people smoking in pubs. Wouldn't take up smoking again myself though, and I haven't smoked anything (not talking ciggies here) for a while.

Losing the old man to lung cancer was a bit of an eye opener so now I've moved out of a house of stoners think I'll curb the smoking to the odd one at social gatherings, if the opportunity arises.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 12:30:26 »

i will never smoke and have never smoked. i hate it
Doore

« Reply #89 on: Friday, August 11, 2006, 12:43:07 »

I will actually be attempting to give up when I move on 1st September.  I'm not really looking forward to it, but made a promise that I would try.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: