Pages: 1 ... 693 694 695 [696] 697 698 699 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266791 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10425 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 19:58:13 »

Like Hollie and Bethany had the money...............
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10426 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 20:07:00 »

The official interview was horrific.  Anyone listening to that for the first time would presume some homeless chap off the street had been called in to cover for the owner of a football club.

Basically the interview Hall did, we should just disregard that one because he didn't mean any of it the way everyone heard it, but we should remember the bit about 20 adults getting in as kids, because they are basically stealing money from the club in such high numbers it makes us unsustainable.

Will take another 2-3 years to sort out the costs - there are some people working in Procurement departments in Swindon and the football industry slapping themselves on the backs if we tied ourselves into six year contracts without break clauses - OR - it's just more bullshit without details.  I am not sure which would be worse, this all being a scam or the other option, he really does know this little about running a business.  "I make mistakes", fuck me, mistakes are when you get someones name wrong, not when you, allegedly, believe the debt is only 800k when you agree to takeover the business, or decide (decide) not to inform people of a share transfer, or say out loud that the season ticket holders are getting free games and that is the issue on Revenue.  800k debt FFS, Power may have been dodgy, but even a school kid could read the accounts and work out there were liabilities and we had just gone through Covid, of course there were Govt Grants and loans.  Is he an imbecile?  He was a bloody Exec Director and significant shareholder.

Anyway, we learned nothing new, because he won't answer anything with specifics that he won't later walk back anyway.  Oh, and our Academy has come on leaps and bounds - well, the playing talent may have done so a little but we still do not have anything invested in.  People come and go, physical infrastructure, processes and systems create a legacy of change.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 20:10:04 by RobertT » Logged
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #10427 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 20:29:22 »

It was an awful interview, I'm really not sure what he wanted achieve from it. He certainly hadn't prepped a charm offensive, or prepped a rebuttle aimed towards his detractors, it seemed like he hadn't prepped anything, it was just a bumbling mess. Those that still want him out, still want him out. Those that love him, are still completely blinded.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10428 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 20:34:16 »

Anthony Hall didn’t mean what he meant to say Cheesy

Many a true word said in jest.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10429 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 20:47:18 »

I can see if you listened to that interview and only that interview in complete isolation you might think - fair enough.

As ever, actions not words.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #10430 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 21:00:09 »

Just listened- my good that was terrible
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #10431 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 21:30:56 »

i was distracted by how many times 'look' was said
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10432 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 21:41:55 »

And more

Listened to the Hawes interview. Great job from Hawes with very little bouncing back.

Just watching the OSTFC interview and I'll deduce that Clem hasn't:

Got a strategy
Got a plan
Got a clue

He also blinks an awful lot when answering. Just an observation that no body language expert would ever be interested in - at all  Eek

Constantly saying 'I'll tell ya now' - as if what followed was unretractable truth isn't going to convince me that what he's saying is truthful.

#BareFacedLiar

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10433 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 21:51:13 »

How would we lose a million a year, a normal year? Show us some detailed accounts, I'm scratching my head on that one.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10434 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 21:58:38 »

How would we lose a million a year, a normal year? Show us some detailed accounts, I'm scratching my head on that one.

It's ok, the clabb are signed up to FairGame {as they like to keep fucking telling us} so that will make everything clear and of course, paint the owner{s} as saints 

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10435 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 22:17:09 »

You can tell Clems done an interview, the bootlicking fuckwits are out in force on socials. Even seen one on twitter.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #10436 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 22:17:30 »

Anyone else have the feeling that Clem & Co are throwing the Trust under the bus in an attempt to make us all believe that the Trust are being critical of the club.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10437 on: Wednesday, January 17, 2024, 22:39:36 »

I can absolutely believe a football club can run with such an operating loss - I struggle to believe we are given the information we know though.  Nothing about the operation of the football club supports such an operating position.  Highest average attendances in a generation with the lowest aged group of players in L2, with barely enough to fill out a squad in any given week.

I know attendances are not everything, but the situation on paper looks better than anything any previous owner would have had since the 1995/96 promotion season in Division Three, and during that period we retained a heavy wage bill.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #10438 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 07:43:21 »

It’s interesting that most of those that are blindly backing Clem through everything are a certain demographic. Nearly all that I have seen are those slightly older Arkells stand types, who most likely fall for email scams and bring home new husbands from a holiday to Mauritius.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #10439 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 07:46:24 »

Anyone else have the feeling that Clem & Co are throwing the Trust under the bus in an attempt to make us all believe that the Trust are being critical of the club.

To be fair The Trust have thrown themselves under a bus - at least twice.
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 695 [696] 697 698 699 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: