Pages: 1 ... 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266492 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5085 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:39:40 »

Fair enough, I suppose. Can’t see how Clem can spin it, though.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #5086 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:41:01 »

Can’t ask for much more than that from the Trust at this stage. Fair play.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5087 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:41:22 »

That's a good step.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5088 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:41:58 »

Fair enough. More punchy than we've seen. A good step.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #5089 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:45:19 »

I'm guessing it's more ''punchy'' than usual is bc they may have realised they've been taken in....now it's the clubs turn...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5090 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:45:46 »

My only slight eyebrow raise at that is the Angus quote (which is from the Fans Forum not new) saying that there "was a confirmation statement update on the ownership structure of Axis Football Investments Limited of Swindon Town Football Club"

This isn't the case, Axis Football Investments is a totally separate company for which no confirmation statements have been published recently https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11097652/filing-history - it's a company with one share, and Clem owns that share personally.

Swinton Reds is the company that has a confirmation statement - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08462753/filing-history

Axis Football Investments owns 80% (previously 100%) of Swinton Reds. Swinton Reds 100% owns Seebeck 87 (https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08323017/filing-history) which 100% owns the football club. Simple as... I think it's probably just a sentence that oversimplifies the company structure, but worth keeping an eye on.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5091 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 10:46:45 »

My only slight eyebrow raise at that is the Angus quote (which is from the Fans Forum not new) saying that there "was a confirmation statement update on the ownership structure of Axis Football Investments Limited of Swindon Town Football Club"

This isn't the case, Axis Football Investments is a totally separate company for which no confirmation statements have been published recently https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/11097652/filing-history - it's a company with one share, and Clem owns that share personally.

Swinton Reds is the company that has a confirmation statement - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/08462753/filing-history

Axis Football Investments owns 80% (previously 100%) of Swinton Reds. Swinton Reds owns Seebeck 87 which owns the football club. Simple as...

Yes, I wondered that...
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #5092 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:06:53 »

They're gonna try and say Rob was confused and said the wrong thing aren't they.

Sounds like-

STFC owned 100% by Seebeck

Seebeck owned 100% by Swinton

Swinton owned 80% by Axis Football Investments.

Clem is 100% owner of Axia Football Investments that's correct, not 100% owner of the football club.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5093 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:12:59 »

Yes but I took it as 7-10 for full redevelopment of the ground not to start phase 1.

Given they stated it was going to take 7-10 years for full redevelopment of the plan, I assume there must be some plans in place for all this to happen. I know Horlock knows more about timescales etc and red tape but i'd imagine we'd be close to getting some kind of architects drawings, or other such things that happen in any ground redevelopment?

I can see this going the way of the training complex/Lee Power's horse stables.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DMC

« Reply #5094 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:17:16 »

I'm really not happy with a lot of things about the current ownership, but I think this is deeply unfair - Clem is clearly not perfect and there are many questions to answer, but he's a world away from late stage Power. Whatever bad stuff has happened, the club has stabilised a bit, and - more importantly than anything else - we've purchased the ground with a strong element of fan control/ownership. That would not have happened under Power as the Eady Trust weren't going to give him anything. Of the two options we had at the time (assuming Able = Power), Clem was the right one even in hindsight.

That doesn't mean that no criticism is valid now, and no questions should be asked.
100 percent this. He was fucked over himself by the previous owners. My feeling is that he was promised a way to get his money back off Power and this is how it has ended. There is nothing in Clems previous or current away from this club that suggests he has been dodgy and the fact the club under his ownership financially are not a drain as such anymore helps. I do wonder though if he wishes he had just written off the debt now and left us to deal with it . By that i think he has probably been taken in by a few as well, no suprise he has not been over in a while and i can't blame him.

Not a defence by the way just what i think has happened, it would be great though if a statement came out saying basically look the only way i could get the club was through help of these people and until we sell they are here to stay
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:21:31 by DMC » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #5095 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:22:57 »

They're gonna try and say Rob was confused and said the wrong thing aren't they.

Sounds like-

STFC owned 100% by Seebeck

Seebeck owned 100% by Swinton

Swinton owned 80% by Axis Football Investments.

Clem is 100% owner of Axia Football Investments that's correct, not 100% owner of the football club.

They cant spin that, it has always been said Clem is 100% owner of stfc - companies house is now saying different

Rob was not reading from a prepared statement last night but as CEO you would like to think he would know what he is talking about, so if he is saying clem owns 100% then we need to take that on trust and for Clem & Rob to provide that proof and explain why CH says differently - and how this was filed at CH and by who, and I have no interest in Clem appearing on one of these friendly podcasts to explain it, I want it in black and white.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #5096 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:23:40 »

I think it's going to be interesting to see how this error gets handled.
From a googles - share's could be transferred in error but would likely be career or at least trust (not a pun) ending as the keys to the companies house vault are held by a nominated individual
https://www.yourcompanyformations.co.uk/blog/how-to-change-shareholders-at-companies-house/#:~:text=And%20when%20it%20comes%20to,one%20month%20of%20the%20allotment.

The prospective members have to deliver a letter of application to the company, and the board of directors (or members, if required by the articles) must give their approval of the allotment and record it in the register of members. And when it comes to the question of how to change shareholders at Companies House, in order to issue new shares, you have to fill out Companies House Form SH01 “Return of allotment”; subsequently this must be submitted to Companies House within one month of the allotment.

Mistyping a number is a mistake, this seems more complicated a scenario

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5097 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:33:51 »

Whoever the dude is in the jazzy shirt...if you post on here then I'm a big fan  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #5098 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:34:49 »

I am by no means equating Power and Clem but one thing I will say is the “the club have said this so it has to be believed” mantra is what let Power get away with what he was doing for so long that it nearly killed the club.

I don’t think we’re in any position as fans after the past few years to blindly believe things the club says. That’s not to say we should go tin foil hat on everything and look to poke holes for fun but for big things like this, I don’t blame anyone who doesn’t take what the club say at face value and tries to find other evidence to back it up/contradict it.

Trust in what the club say would be amazing but unfortunately there’s too many murky/contradictory statements and back tracking going on to do so.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #5099 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 11:35:47 »

On the basis that this can't be a mistake (in the sense of: whoops, we didn't mean to do that) what are the possible scenarios here?

That they meant to transfer shares in a different company and did Swinton by mistake? Seems unlikely.

That someone has gone rogue and done this behind Clem's back..? Is that possible?

That they didn't think anyone would find out? In which case they are really stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: