Pages: 1 ... 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266922 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8475 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 09:58:18 »

Maybe Scott from the Trust has had to sign an NDA and only he will ever know what the books look like Smiley

I know the Trust did provide an update about a week ago, but it's probably time to say something/provide some sort of update at least. Silence isn't golden at the moment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8476 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 10:01:20 »

I think that article linked from the 7th was the last update, wasn't it? Since then we've had three "Dan the Fan" columns, an ESG update, an update on the museum and stadium tours and an update on the regulator... Oh and the one on the 15th about the Wrexham hotel palaver - even that was two weeks ago.

On Twitter, the Trust account seems to almost exclusively try to sell tickets to the womens teams games now, which whilst commendable, is not really what they're for.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 10:03:32 by Nemo » Logged
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #8477 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 10:10:50 »

Maybe Scott from the Trust has had to sign an NDA and only he will ever know what the books look like Smiley

I know the Trust did provide an update about a week ago, but it's probably time to say something/provide some sort of update at least. Silence isn't golden at the moment.
I'd assume an NDA would be a prerequisite to a third party reviewing the books be they trust volunteers or an interested purchasing party (we're not for sale but our books can be made open in those circumstances).

Having pondered more - I think it's likely the club are being stubborn.
Presumably Clem is only human and his commitment to the books being shared was an error.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8478 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 10:39:07 »

I'd assume an NDA would be a prerequisite to a third party reviewing the books be they trust volunteers or an interested purchasing party (we're not for sale but our books can be made open in those circumstances).

Presumably Clem is only human and his commitment to the books being shared was an error.

Again, this is pure conjecture and I know Clem has said the club is not for sale, but perhaps there are interested parties that are currently looking at the books with a view to a takeover, and this is why it's radio silence as takeovers are generally done very quietly behind the scenes until the T's have been crossed and the I's dotted?

Or, it's exactly what you are saying and the club are being stubborn. But if that was the case, why are the Trust then not vocalising it to the fanbase?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8479 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 10:51:02 »

He pushed the wrong button on companies house again.

On the subject of NDAs though. One delay could be a potential buyer is currently looking over them and doesn't want anyone else looking at them until they've decided if they'll offer and how much.

Or that might be giving Clem and the club more credit than they've demonstrated they deserve.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8480 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 10:51:52 »

Again, this is pure conjecture and I know Clem has said the club is not for sale, but perhaps there are interested parties that are currently looking at the books with a view to a takeover, and this is why it's radio silence as takeovers are generally done very quietly behind the scenes until the T's have been crossed and the I's dotted?

Or, it's exactly what you are saying and the club are being stubborn. But if that was the case, why are the Trust then not vocalising it to the fanbase?

Ah hadn't read this, but had the exact same thought.

I'm not sure the club would communicate this to be honest. I would want them spending all their time sussing the new buyers out if it was the case.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8481 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 11:10:21 »

Ah hadn't read this, but had the exact same thought.

I'm not sure the club would communicate this to be honest. I would want them spending all their time sussing the new buyers out if it was the case.

Yeah totally. It does leave the Trust in a bit of a tricky spot, but they would be absolutely right to make no comment if this was indeed the case.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #8482 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 12:13:27 »

I can't see that the Trust getting access and reviewing the books would make that much of a difference...Surely any (non Clem) buyer would have their own accountants, would presumably find the same issues (hidden debentures etc)?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #8483 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 12:16:33 »

Or maybe it's that any potential new buyer doesn't want the relationship or harsh rigour the STFC trust are known for, looking over the books?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8484 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 12:58:50 »

Or maybe it's that any potential new buyer doesn't want the relationship or harsh rigour the STFC trust are known for, looking over the books?

Well very clearly no buyers before has ever wanted true transparency as the trust have never seen the books before. Captain hindsight I realise but probably should have been a condition of the JV.

I'd be surprised any potential buyer wants the fans knowing what a gravy train the club has been for the mob of Jed, Power, Clem, Hart, Keily, Zav, Parladorio, Tom, Dick and Harry over the last decade as sadly (and sceptically) I'd imagine a few buyers will want that gravy train to continue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8485 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 13:36:17 »

You’ve got to wonder if when a rogue ownership sells a club a condition of the sale is that fans aren’t told how much money has been siphoned off under their tenure by the new owner. A sort of NDA type arrangement.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8486 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 13:54:34 »

You’ve got to wonder if when a rogue ownership sells a club a condition of the sale is that fans aren’t told how much money has been siphoned off under their tenure by the new owner. A sort of NDA type arrangement.

Yeah would say standard practice to agree to not talk about previous owners.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8487 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 13:57:32 »

Our most recent transfer of ownership was preceded by the "loss" of most documents (as confirmed by the Standing court case).  The fact it seemingly blindsided Clem would also suggest a degree of incompetence on his behalf in a) doing any due diligence, but more importantly b) the fact he was an non-exec Director for several years.  If you are not going to provide any oversight having invested 1.15m into a business, what hope is there.  The entire gang, previous and present, seem to be a nod is as good as a wink type crew, best keep everything verbal an not written down, which is never a good sign.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8488 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 14:15:20 »

So what’s the preferred outcome of the Power/Standing case?

Presuming it’d be Power winning (spits).
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8489 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 14:28:34 »

So what’s the preferred outcome of the Power/Standing case?

Presuming it’d be Power winning (spits).

For the football club, yes.  It shouldn't impact the club ownership in any way and it would provide a degree of evidence to reject a claim of Standing having any sort of controlling interest in a football club.
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: