Pages: 1 ... 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266472 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8370 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:28:17 »

Muller Rice would have better contacts

That kind of goes without saying given Muller are a global company and Callum is a random bloke from Leeds who owns a hotel in Lincolnshire - but I do get where you are coming from Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8371 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:30:43 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2013/february/completion-of-sale/

The darkest of days. Forgot that Nick Watkins stuck around... can't have been for long!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8372 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:32:09 »

Sir William Patey, outgoing Chairman said: “Andrew Black and the outgoing Board leave Swindon as leaders of League One, with a good chance of back to back promotions to the Championship. The quality of our squad is the legacy of the very considerable investment that has been made, and I believe the benefits of this will continue to be enjoyed by fans for seasons to come.

Yeah that erm... hasn't aged spectacularly.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8373 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:32:54 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2013/february/completion-of-sale/

The darkest of days. Forgot that Nick Watkins stuck around... can't have been for long!

Since Jed and co rode into town it's really been a shit-show of owners, criminals and chancers running the club. The only thing that's really changed is a lick of paint on the CG and a weekly lottery. We've absolutely stagnated off the field and until owners that have a long-term viable plan and some wonga behind it, it's likely to be more of the same I imagine.

But we know this already. Not sure where I read it but Carlisle completed their takeover yesterday and their owners seem to have a plan of action - Training Ground investment - Ground investment and investment in the playing squad to make it competitive in league 1. We're surely a better long term investment than Carlisle - no offence to them.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:35:21 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8374 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:33:57 »

Since Jed and co rode into town it's really been a shit-show of owners, criminals and chancers running the club. The only thing that's really changed is a lick of paint on the CG and a weekly lottery. We've absolutely stagnated off the field and until owners that have a long-term viable plan and some wonga behind it, it's likely to be more of the same I imagine.

The ground ownership is, to be fair, a fundamental change. But it's not much to show for a decade, and is almost entirely down to luck rather than judgement on the part of consecutive owners.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8375 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:35:23 »

The ground ownership is, to be fair, a fundamental change. But it's not much to show for a decade, and is almost entirely down to luck rather than judgement on the part of consecutive owners.

Nothing to do with any of the owners, despite what Clem Jong Un says.

And the benefits/pitfalls of the structure of that deal will not be known until the next turn of the ownership handle.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8376 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:36:23 »

No, that's a good point Nemo and it's remiss of me to forget that.

Very generous of Clem to gift it to the fans mind.

Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #8377 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:36:42 »

That kind of goes without saying given Muller are a global company and Callum is a random bloke from Leeds who owns a hotel in Lincolnshire - but I do get where you are coming from Smiley

Yes more an individual inanmate pot of Muller Ruce. Mind you there is probably a lot more live cultures in a pot of that than callum

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8378 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:37:47 »

Yes more an individual inanmate pot of Muller Ruce. Mind you there is probably a lot more live cultures in a pot of that than callum

haha! that's so true.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8379 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:41:00 »

Yeah that erm... hasn't aged spectacularly.

The benefits have been enjoyed, just by Jed, Power and Clem.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8380 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 13:49:05 »

The benefits have been enjoyed, just by Jed, Power and Clem.

But Clem isn't taking a single penny out of the club don't forget. (insert relevant Jimmy Hill chin emoji as applicable)

joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #8381 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 14:41:41 »

Jim-Bob?

Clemente the Unbearable Debt Machine?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8382 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 14:45:21 »

But we know this already. Not sure where I read it but Carlisle completed their takeover yesterday and their owners seem to have a plan of action - Training Ground investment - Ground investment and investment in the playing squad to make it competitive in league 1. We're surely a better long term investment than Carlisle - no offence to them.

Higher division than us, and I suspect if someone were arsed to do the analysis one could make an argument that they have a sodding huge potential fan base with barely a league club within 60 odd miles of them.

Plus their ownership seemed pretty stable (part longstanding local businessmen in parts going back 50 odd years/part supporters Trust) without vocal accusations of the Trust being some sort of cuckold organisation for being in cohorts with the ownership.  

As for the rest, its all very easy to say those things, but the proof is in the pudding which hasn't been served in Carlisle yet.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8383 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 15:01:51 »

Our pudding would undoubtedly be a spotted dick
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #8384 on: Thursday, November 23, 2023, 15:13:15 »

So these tribute acts at the CG - are they the same ones that do the rounds of the pubs and clubs on a Wednesday night ?

I wonder how many people on the survey said they wanted to see Chris Moyles & and a Madonna tribute act ?

Was this really the best that could be booked - I suppose they must be confident that it is a money maker though or the marketing guy is going to have some explaining to do
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 558 [559] 560 561 562 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: