Pages: 1 ... 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266688 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #6960 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 12:13:33 »

Can’t remember the date as such but I know the court case is over the ownership dispute. Something like Clem at the time owned 15% and Power 85% but Standing claims to own 50% of Powers share? What if Standing wins the case? Does that mean the transfer of ownership from Power to Clem could be itself in dispute?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6961 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 12:25:44 »

Can’t remember the date as such but I know the court case is over the ownership dispute. Something like Clem at the time owned 15% and Power 85% but Standing claims to own 50% of Powers share? What if Standing wins the case? Does that mean the transfer of ownership from Power to Clem could be itself in dispute?

I wouldn't have thought so but Standing will be looking for compensation?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6962 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 12:29:53 »

I’m not sure what the best outcome is for the club - if, indeed, there is one.

If Standing proves he did own 50% of Power’s 85% I suppose that puts the club in breach of the FA rules on illegal funding.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6963 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 12:39:14 »

I don't think so either. I think it was cleared (with standing)  before clem took over.

My CT head still thinks standing will become involved with STFC in this scenario. Though Clem says not. But we'll see.

Auds point about ownership rules is an interesting one. Another reason to be in league 1 when charges hit, we'd have a safety net. Speaking from a position of extreme ignorance mind (what's new). I have no idea what punishments are on the table
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 12:42:08 by Batch » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6964 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 13:03:41 »

Reinstatement of Sheridactyl would be the ultimate punishment.

Did the club profit from the funding to the detriment of other clubs?

Of course, the legal outcome of the case makes it easy for the FA to find the club guilty without the need for an inquiry or any further proof.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6965 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 13:08:15 »

I don't think so either. I think it was cleared (with standing)  before clem took over.

My CT head still thinks standing will become involved with STFC in this scenario. Though Clem says not. But we'll see.

Auds point about ownership rules is an interesting one. Another reason to be in league 1 when charges hit, we'd have a safety net. Speaking from a position of extreme ignorance mind (what's new). I have no idea what punishments are on the table

I seem to think that Clem stated that if Standing was declared to be the owner of 50% of Powers 85% that he (Clem) would or had the means to pay Standing the estimated money for sole ownership of the club, FA, ELF punishment not withstanding. Also that any punishment of the club would be financial and that again money had been set aside for that eventuality. Happy for someone to correct me if I’m wrong.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6966 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 13:16:07 »

Hope you’re not wrong!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6967 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 13:27:13 »

My theory is the ownership are just putting the bare minimum in to keep the club ticking over, no firther investment and then sell the club.

Probably want a fucking stupid asking price mind

This.

At this point if Clem is that hard up would he sell the club for £1 and his money back putting the club in a truly debt free position? He'd probably want a bit of a profit but how realistic is that? He might consider it on some assurance he'll be involved in redevelopment.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6968 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 13:55:47 »

Given the long term nature of a development and the risks that are still inherent in any such venture providing a good enough return, I think that is precisely the most likely exit strategy for Clem.  The one that makes most sense - stabalise the club off the field, clear the debts and transfer them to Directors Loans, get planning permission for the Ground and tie up the contracts for construction as needed with the JV.  Then, sell-up.  He has made the potential purchase of the business look a little less fraught with pot holes by tidying up the balance sheet.  The development of the ground gives an upside coming to any potential investor and Clem still gets to make some money from that deal by being either a lead or sub contractor.  He can strike a deal for paying him the money owned, either upfront or over a period of time.
CotswoldsCJ

Ignore
« Reply #6969 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 14:21:09 »

One possibility for the current lack of funding for the squad maybe that the club has been given a heads up by the FA that a points deduction is incoming and so any money sunk in the paying squad would be wasted this season.  Maybe we’re funded to get enough points to stay up after, say, a 15 point deduction
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6970 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:52:34 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
Of course not. That takes money. And based on our budget so far at least an additional 33%

plenty of money be made out the flats on the CG car park

(for the avoidance of doubt, this is a joke)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6971 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 15:55:07 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
I seem to think that Clem stated that if Standing was declared to be the owner of 50% of Powers 85% that he (Clem) would or had the means to pay Standing the estimated money for sole ownership of the club, FA, ELF punishment not withstanding. Also that any punishment of the club would be financial and that again money had been set aside for that eventuality. Happy for someone to correct me if I’m wrong.

eek. didn't realise there was Clem money in the game
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6972 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 16:26:56 »

One possibility for the current lack of funding for the squad maybe that the club has been given a heads up by the FA that a points deduction is incoming and so any money sunk in the paying squad would be wasted this season.  Maybe we’re funded to get enough points to stay up after, say, a 15 point deduction

At least that would make some sort of sense compared to the shite we have to hear from Clems apologists.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #6973 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 16:47:26 »

Kind of feel that if the outcome of the Standing Vs Power case is that Standing was indeed found to be 50% owner of the club, it would have only applied pre-sale so would more likely be a case of Power owing X from the sale or X for other grounds, rather than Standing now being entitled to X % of the club.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6974 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 18:18:27 »

Kind of feel that if the outcome of the Standing Vs Power case is that Standing was indeed found to be 50% owner of the club, it would have only applied pre-sale so would more likely be a case of Power owing X from the sale or X for other grounds, rather than Standing now being entitled to X % of the club.

That would make logical sense
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: