Pages: 1 ... 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266497 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5235 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 22:09:53 »

Assuming he has paid back the £2.9m it would be interesting to know where the money came from. Did he really liquidate assets or has it actually come from the clubs turnover, would explain why we constantly seem to be struggling for funds if £’s are being diverted to pay that off.

Yeah I'd love to know where it come from as well.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #5236 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 22:23:05 »

I mean I think it's legitimate to use club turnover to pay takeover costs.

not sure how Id feel about it. probably pissed off about more secrecy I guess. But it would mean more budget after.

all in theory

Man United's income has paid every penny of the loans the Glazers took out to buy the club so I guess so.

..never go back.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5237 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 22:38:45 »

we should be so lucky,
lucky lucky lucky

(yeah I did the same joke earlier on Twitter)

There is a double irony with Kiely being an alleged Director and Clem being an Aussie Director...

...perhaps when someone told Clem they would introduce him to Kiely, he started spinning around thinking it was his fellow compatriot Minogue...turns out someone was just trying to warn Clem by actually saying ''Kiely is rogue''...but it was just a genuine error. No doubt he thought Greg Norman was also THE Greg Norman - when Clem realised out he wasn't that's why GN resigned...I wonder what CM is going to think when he finds out Angus isn't actually a succulent burger and is just a former employee of Nationwide  Cheesy

Would be hilarious and tragic as fuck if Holly/Hollie is blonde and they tried to pass her off as Minogue to Clem over a Zoom call or something...

Sorry, all the above is ridonculous but right now, literally anything fucking goes. It's beyond basket case in terms of believing anything, so even the most banal rhetoric could hold some truth. Only have to say it was a mistake regardless of the trail of shite left in the wake.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #5238 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 22:40:15 »

I think we need to be taken over by an open and honest bloodthirsty, murderous dictatorship, who's with me ....... yay!
Anybody?
No?
Nobody then?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5239 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 22:52:11 »

Business & shares not my area of expertise at all…

…but…when the news broke that two wives of people who had done contract / consultancy work for the club - my first thought the shares have probably been given out as collateral against work for the football without pay; presumably work carried out in the summer when cash flow would be at its lowest ebb.

…or the other logical explanation would be that they had invested & Clem had sold them shares to raise fund but remained in control of the football club.

We know Clem doesn’t have deep pockets & he’s never pretended otherwise.
So both above scenarios make logical sense to my untrained eye?

If he’d come out with any of the above we’d have believed it, right? Understood his reasons for doing it?

It’s the lies and the secrecy - why?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #5240 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 22:57:44 »

Some new chap at the Adver has clearly had his Weetabix and has raised a few questions.

One being: was permission given by the EFL/FA association and were fit and proper checks carried out on the two investors?

Is that required? Interesting if so.

His thread is here: https://twitter.com/DanWood_Adver/status/1692169194190836155
[/quote

Didn't need it as a sports journalist should know. No change in material ownership or control of the club. Fuck me a handful of PL club shares used to be stock exchange listed. Do you think they did a check on everyone that bought MU or Spurs shares?

Clem is the only stockholder on the club's board. He's the only director of the holding company.  There are no other shares to buy in either unless he issues them so there is NO OTHER PERSON CONTROLLING THE CLUB OR THAT CAN TAKE IT.

If the people who took shares as collateral on loans whilst Clem realised and moved assets to the UK refuse to relinquish them then fine. Come can keep the money and their shares give them zero influence and no return as there clearly won't be a dividend ever.

This paranoid bullshit from some people on here is tin foil hat mental. The cockwomble with his list of "facts" concluding Clem's bust and is selling up to whatever crook his fevered imagination can dream up is Trump level fucking mental and I can see that most of you are just along for the giggles but I think I'll avoid this thread totally in future.

Any chance you could isolate the lunacy in this one and avoid bringing the "the end is nigh" bollocks into stuff about football like the transfers thread?

..never go back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #5241 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 23:00:54 »

Business & shares not my area of expertise at all…

…but…when the news broke that two wives of people who had done contract / consultancy work for the club - my first thought the shares have probably been given out as collateral against work for the football without pay; presumably work carried out in the summer when cash flow would be at its lowest ebb.

…or the other logical explanation would be that they had invested & Clem had sold them shares to raise fund but remained in control of the football club.

We know Clem doesn’t have deep pockets & he’s never pretended otherwise.
So both above scenarios make logical sense to my untrained eye?

If he’d come out with any of the above we’d have believed it, right? Understood his reasons for doing it?

It’s the lies and the secrecy - why?

Exactly where I'm at with it. If he come out with this early on would have been fine. Its the cover up that has pissed me off.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5242 on: Thursday, August 17, 2023, 23:15:56 »

Didn't need it as a sports journalist should know. No change in material ownership or control of the club. Fuck me a handful of PL club shares used to be stock exchange listed. Do you think they did a check on everyone that bought MU or Spurs shares?

Clem is the only stockholder on the club's board. He's the only director of the holding company.  There are no other shares to buy in either unless he issues them so there is NO OTHER PERSON CONTROLLING THE CLUB OR THAT CAN TAKE IT

Not really sure who is quoting who or what or where in that mess but regards Stock Exchange...well I would say that yes everyone would technically be checked [regardless of any shares purchased] because that's what KYC is for...to prevent fraud, tax evasion and money laundering

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5243 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 05:24:34 »

So, £2.9m = 20% of STFC. That values the club at £14.5m. Wtf!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5244 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 05:44:22 »

So, £2.9m = 20% of STFC. That values the club at £14.5m. Wtf!

That’s assuming he borrowed the full amount, which we don’t know.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5245 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 06:28:17 »

Genuinely fear for the state of the human race looking at Facebook. Just cunts spouting positivity bollocks and how Clem has been honest when they clearly don't have a single solitary fucking clue of what has even happened. Just wanking each other off about being real fans because they're happy to blindly follow anything.

No wonder we ended up with in such a state with Lee fucking Power. Only encourages sharks to rip us off if they think this is the intelligence level of our fan base.

I saw your rant

Some people on there are so blinkered its unreal
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #5246 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 06:44:04 »

A great point reiterated by the LSPod via a club employee that when you go in 'there' (assuming this is the boardroom/corp box on matchdays) it's the same people there now as there were during the Power era. But, does that also apply to Chris Kiely? There's been some claiming that Kiely was associated with the Power era but I don't recall his name ever being mentioned in the same ilk as Austin, Standing, Gristwood et al.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 18, 2023, 07:17:43 by ThreeDrawsMentality » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #5247 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 06:48:40 »

A great point reiterated by the LSPod via a club employee that when you go in 'there' (assuming this is the boardroom/corp box on matchdays) it's the same people there now as there were during the Power era. But, does that also apply to Chris Kiely? There's been some claiming that Kiely was associated with the Power era but I don't recall his name ever being mentioned in the same I'll as Austin, Standing, Gristwood et al.

Weren’t Kiely and Power connected through Racing?

That Gristwood chap, assuming he’s the slab of meat with blonde hair, is in a prime seat near Angus for every game.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5248 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 06:51:16 »

Doesnt he run Platinum Security?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #5249 on: Friday, August 18, 2023, 06:59:45 »

Doesnt he run Platinum Security?
Correct, and he was a non-exec Director under Power
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 349 [350] 351 352 353 ... 861   Go Up