Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flare  (Read 24367 times)
Napoleon Solo

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 19:59:14 »

I can't see the culprit(s) being charged by the police, it'll take some effort for them to bring about a conviction.  They prefer pestering motorists who park on yellow lines.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 20:14:56 »

Fair play to the young lad, Swindon fan trying to do something different.  No one dies/got hurt/no fire, lets not over react.  A lot of the comments on here is whats wrong with this country, health and safety gone mad

deltaincline

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 20:41:00 »

Can't see Fitton or the board acting like pricks over this by banning him for a long period. Bit stupid lobbing it, maybe, but no harm done and the lad has probaly shit himself enough to guarantee that he's learned from it.

Agree with bushey about the Elf and Safety bullshit. This is real fucking football, not some sterile, wanky family-friendly psuedo sports parade.

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 20:54:01 »

Would everyone be saying he should be let off the hook if he'd actually done some damage with it, like starting a fire or taking someone's eye out? I guess not, in which case why should he be let off lightly for getting lucky?

We go on about increasing home attendances, do you think this kind of shit helps? Having flares chucked about doesn't exactly encourage people to take their kids along to games. I'm guessing Fitton will be thinking along the same lines and a lengthy ban is the most likely outcome.

I still find it amazing in this day and age that anyone could find this kind of thing even remotely acceptable.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 21:07:31 »

Its acceptable else where why should it be any different here? The lad should not have thrown it that i agree with .
If i wanted a nice jolly family day out id go to the park.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 21:14:28 »

if it had hit someone it could have done some serious damage.it was more luck than judgement that it didn't.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 21:22:36 »

The offendor deserves a lifetime ban from the county ground and all grounds in the country. This could have had very serious consequences had it hit someone in the eye/set fire to the stand. Plain stupidity.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 21:28:46 »

Haven't we been here before, I can remember the flares being lit in our Premier Leagues days and especially against Man U on a packed Stratton Bank. I think the lads involved did end up in court over that one

http://www.redarmyloudnproud.org.uk/ultraswindon.shtml
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 21:47:31 »

Haven't we been here before, I can remember the flares being lit in our Premier Leagues days and especially against Man U on a packed Stratton Bank. I think the lads involved did end up in court over that one

http://www.redarmyloudnproud.org.uk/ultraswindon.shtml

Lad near me threw one at Everton and got arrested that year..we were the last fans to legally stand at Everton before they built the new stand.

Clems Army!
Spencer_White

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 21:54:50 »

The offendor deserves a lifetime ban from the county ground and all grounds in the country. This could have had very serious consequences had it hit someone in the eye/set fire to the stand. Plain stupidity.

I could have a lot more serious consequences sneezing at the wheel on the way to work tommorow.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 21:59:07 »

Why? It wasn't at the CG for starters. And it didn't hit anyone, and yes i was sat with my daughter not far to the left and didn't feel in danger before you ask. Young lad with a prank that went wrongish, fair enough if it had done damage then hammer him. It didn't, slap on the wrist, put it down to growing up or whatever, he doesn't deserve to be pilliored, by the police, the club, or soapbox dictators on here.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:12:48 »

Suttonred- how would you have felt if it had taken your daughters eye out? At the end of the day it is thorwing a firework.

Just because he got away without hurting anyone does not justify it.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:17:44 »

Funnily enough I was just going to post that about the bank in 93/94. Anyway I was sat just by Sutton and I think the best course of action is this.

The perpetrator is summoned to the CG, given a bollocking by a police man, whilst Nick Watkins, or some one else from the club, warns them that any more of that sort of shenanigans and they are banned. Then they instruct him to write a letter apologising to Leyton Orient. And that's the end of it.

Won't happen though
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:18:44 »

As i said it didn't, and that would have been different if someone was in danger, or hurt. Were you there? It's not a sarcastic question, just mountains and molehills spring to mind. It really wasn't the shock horror event it's been made out to be. Just something that probably seemed a good laugh at the time, that went a bit wrong.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 22:21:30 »

Funnily enough I was just going to post that about the bank in 93/94. Anyway I was sat just by Sutton and I think the best course of action is this.

The perpetrator is summoned to the CG, given a bollocking by a police man, whilst Nick Watkins, or some one else from the club, warns them that any more of that sort of shenanigans and they are banned. Then they instruct him to write a letter apologising to Leyton Orient. And that's the end of it.

Won't happen though

I never ever thought i'd say this... you're talking complete sense.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: