Pages: 1 ... 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280429 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12180 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 13:19:06 »

Can't blame him for having a go, damp squib or not.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #12181 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 13:32:30 »

What a tool - I'm sure there will be him and half a dozen teens in attendance with Hall standing at the door on the phone to Clem 'yea don't worry me old mucker its only a few pesky kids and their dad'

If you want to do something then at the moment you do it inside the ground surely until there is enough of a groundswell for a round the back of the arkells, try and get chants going, get some bedsheets put up facing the magic or the enterance to the ground etc

At least he’s trying to do something. I’d join in if I was going to the game. I hope people that are going join him.

If you want to organise something inside the ground, do it.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 5, 2024, 15:03:53 by iParadise » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12182 on: Friday, April 5, 2024, 14:21:10 »

I'm fairly certain (as in not 100%!) that Jason may well have been on the pre-YTS books at STFC back in the day.  I know a bunch of the Moredon and Ferndale ones were, including Minturn's dad.  Lane may have been right on the periphery of that group (trying to remember talent levels from the early late 80's).  Maybe he could try and wrangle the old crew to turn up - which would include the Dad of a current STFC player, the ex- STFC Assistant Manager, the Head of Youth Development at Chelsea and Danny Jordan (those of a Shield and Dagger persuasion probably know him).
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12183 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 13:23:15 »

Meanwhile in the one walled Fanzone Portakabin-cum-lean-to, Clem has apparently been liaising with Anthony Hall about how to drive season ticket sales in the Summer. They've come up with a song and some lyrics for some much needed fan boosting morale. The Limited Edition Magnetic Tape will be available exclusively via the Fanzai App and comes with a free crayon drawing of Hayley Westenra. It was suggested that Clem be lead singer, after former Town legend Kelvin Freshwater, declined the offer.

It will ft Zav Austin on two part harmonies and Hall on triangle cos...well ya know...

Clabb In Delusion
==============

There's a team, I feel
So rare, unreal
It's the clabb in delusion
The clabb as none
Bumbling together
One mind, one Hart
(Adam, Adam)
All my greed, every convict
Once joined, never apart
Searching for the worst in me
I will fight in bucket hat
If we win, lose or draw
I'll still take it all
It's the clabb in delusion
The clabb as none
As we drop to reach the National League
A new wage (negotiation) has begun

We'll face no hotel stays
Outside, the M4
We must take our place in history
And play with Truro City
Just to be the worst I can
Sets morals for every man
If we win, lose or draw
It's a win only for me
It's my clabb in delusion
My clabb as none
It's my clabb in delusion
My clabb as none

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #12184 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 21:08:25 »

6 and a half years ago - roughly when the PB tenure was anticipating a close and Town were about to be left hovering around the ''Beamish Line'' and our home gate versus Cambridge was this

5824 att

It was surprisingly going to go lower than that though, as there was a League game of around 5,700 in that season {with Wellens long already replacing PB} but also, our FA Cup exploits, both at home only had gates of 3,700 versus both York City and Woking respectively.

I think that the current board should count themselves very lucky that at this absolute dogs underpants of a season, there is still about 7500 hardy souls ''attending'' home matches. But if Clemente & Co are to be here next season, they should take heed of what attendances can and will be like - even after ridding of a manager and getting in our most successful one in the last 10yrs.

Basically Clem, should know because he was sniffing around the prospects of owning the club about a year prior to this anyway, so he should expect that crowds can be halved and I'm very surprised that they aren't closer to those listed above.

Apologies if already been posted but I found this article by Medium, published about a month ago, quite interesting.

https://medium.com/@euanwalsh07/whats-gone-wrong-for-clem-morfuni-at-swindon-town-a87ea8db31af

NB: This article also reminded me that Clem met Power in 2014 and has been involved with the club in some capacity {as a sponsor} since 2015. Ergo, he's been around for a good 10 years :gulp:

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #12185 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 11:31:27 »

I see one of the new Trust Board members has stated fans expectations around ground redevelopment are/were too high...

The comment came off the back of a repost of the specific plan the club released back in 21/22 Doh
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #12186 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 11:46:02 »

I see one of the new Trust Board members has stated fans expectations around ground redevelopment are/were too high...

The comment came off the back of a repost of the specific plan the club released back in 21/22 Doh
I really want to back the trust but after a quick look through his tweets it really is a case of him just defending the clubs decisions. Such a shame as there are a few board members who i have spoken o who are very keen to hold them to account but looks like they are against it from within the trust still
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12187 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 11:53:47 »

Is he one that was touting for investors on twitter?

Read somewhere the club had been late with every payment to the JV so far, whether true or not i dont know but it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

How they can expect redevelop is beyond me if they cant even pay the JV on time
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12188 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 12:09:51 »

Is he one that was touting for investors on twitter?

Read somewhere the club had been late with every payment to the JV so far, whether true or not i dont know but it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

How they can expect redevelop is beyond me if they cant even pay the JV on time

I am firmly of the belief that the club has no real idea on how to redevelop the ground, and had hoped to botch something with Axis as primary contractor.  I very much doubt long term investment is close to front and centre of most of the people associated with the club.  For them it's more immediate.

All that said - a proper redevelopment does not hinge on the financial well being or clout of the owner.  It will stand or fall on the financial business case associated to it, and the people they get involved to seek capital and manage it.  They could build a new 500m stadium complex there, if they wanted to.  People build things all the time, without a football club being involved.  Obviously, the football club makes it a bit trickier - you have to use land for a financial loss aspect (the pitch), and seats and stuff make it more expensive to build office space, or hotels, or shops, or whatever.  I'm not suggesting we would ever do that, but a property deal is not the same as running a football club.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12189 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 12:24:15 »

I heard about his comments from someone on our Whatsapp Group and had a quick look over lunch and I think he used the example of the cleaning of the clock as to what the cash for maintenance of the ground was used on. (which I thought was Gratis thanks to the goodwill of a local company)

From James Spencer to Frank, perhaps.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12190 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 12:28:24 »

The organiser of the protest at the County Ground this weekend said that he fears Swindon Town’s situation could soon be worse than Reading’s.

Jason Lane is organising a protest against the ownership of the club at and before the game against AFC Wimbledon this weekend.

The protest will see a vocal display outside The Arkell’s John Trollope Stand at 2pm, fans not returning to their seats until the 50th minute after halftime, and a minute of sarcastic applause during the 69th minute of the game.

Lane says that he believes that he must take action now as without fans starting to get involved then the very near future of the club could be very bleak.

He said: “It is the lies, the deceit, the BS, and probably the last straw for me was the Fair Game report.

“The way I see it, something needs to happen because we can’t keep going in decline season on season.

“The fans are staying away because they don’t want Clem [Morfuni] here, even the Fans’ Forum was a joke.

“If he was to look at how season tickets have sold compared to last season, by the end of May they will be about 1,500 down and those early bird sales keep the club ticking over during the summer.

“Something has got to change, and it has to change at the top because as much as Clem can say we need to change our mindset, he needs to change his mindset.

“If nothing happens and no one protests and we all bury our heads in the sand then we will end up in a worse position than Reading, I have no doubt about that.

“My personal opinion is that if Clem Morfuni is still at the club and nothing changes, I would probably give it to about November before the club will be in administration or liquidated.”

Lane said that the protest at the Wimbledon game will be the start of a longer process of protests to try and highlight the issues within the club.

He said: “For the final home game against Morecambe on April 27, we will talk about how Saturday went and then start making plans for then.

“A successful protest for me would be more than ten people and the fans to start uniting because there has been a lot of toxicity between the fans, and they are divided.”

Swindon Town have been approached for comment about this.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12191 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 12:31:34 »

If nothing else it may make the club sit up and take note, especially after Phipps comment he doesn't think the club appreciate the issues/feeling properly.

That said, maybe a damp squib will make them double down on that.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12192 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 12:32:36 »

"and a minute of sarcastic applause during the 69th minute of the game."

How will we know the applause is sarcastic? Will it be like a slow clap?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #12193 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 12:37:46 »

If nothing else it may make the club sit up and take note, especially after Phipps comment he doesn't think the club appreciate the issues/feeling properly.

That said, maybe a damp squib will make them double down on that.

For there to be any protest, even a small one, then i guess at least it shows the disquiet.

Not sure what difference 10 people returning to their seat at the 50 min mark will make. More than that do so already in the executive area!!

The 69 minute 'saracastic' clap is perhaps the most audible/visible item. Where it takes some commitment from people to go the protest at 2pm, way more could join in with the clap if it was communicated widely. Its the first i have heard of that part.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12194 on: Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 12:49:13 »

A protest needs to be visible, especially to the media.

If you get a story on sky sports news about things being thrown onto the pitch en masse to disrupt the game then Clem & Co will find it harder to ignore
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: