Pages: 1 ... 564 565 566 [567] 568 569 570 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280300 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8490 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 14:29:16 »

So what’s the preferred outcome of the Power/Standing case?

Presuming it’d be Power winning (spits).

Seemingly tidier to the layperson you'd think...
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #8491 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 15:49:49 »

You’ve got to wonder if when a rogue ownership sells a club a condition of the sale is that fans aren’t told how much money has been siphoned off under their tenure by the new owner. A sort of NDA type arrangement.

Of course not. Some people seem to think Lee Power was hellbent on destroying this club from the off, but it's more likely he wanted to cash in and sell up to some schmuck. Turning the lights off and not paying people was likely just a bitter dispute between him and Clem. Who knows how many times LP could have sold up, we've learnt allegations pointing to top flight players, agents, oligarchs and god knows who else putting money in...

We published accounts for 21/22 that were the bare minimum. Why it seems to be a challenge to even do that again should ring alarm bells. I'd expect the 'administrative costs' and subsequent losses are difficult to square.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8492 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 17:44:09 »

Back on the subject of the obvious impending failing concerts. I don't know how many people Guildhall Square in Southampton holds but I keep getting ads for their "Summer sessions".

Headliners for each: Tom Jones, Madness, Nile Rogers and Chic and The Kaiser Chiefs.

The sort of acts that would make this obviously viable. I was expecting somewhere in between that and what we got.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #8493 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 18:50:13 »

This is exactly the point.  There is a new circuit emerging.  Bands are doing tours of town squares, castles, amusement parks.  Summer series, summer sounds, summer sessions everywhere. 

One of the companies I work for have emailed me asking me to commit to some shows next summer as they have 180 shows next summer.  Between Cardiff castle, Halifax piece hall, Margate dreamland, some park in Bedford, Scarborough open air theatre, somewhere in Plymouth, Lytham, Lincoln, Derby and a bunch of others.  All with decent bands.  Last year I did Paul Heaton, Sting, Hollywood Vampires and Rag n Bone man for them in Scarborough.

The bands are there, the promoters are there looking for places.  Sadly we chose to go another way that I dont think will neccesarily be a success.  I hope Im proved wrong.   

Never knowingly overstated.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8494 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 20:36:29 »

You doing the Suede gig at Margate?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8495 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 21:35:41 »

This is exactly the point.  There is a new circuit emerging.  Bands are doing tours of town squares, castles, amusement parks.  Summer series, summer sounds, summer sessions everywhere. 

One of the companies I work for have emailed me asking me to commit to some shows next summer as they have 180 shows next summer.  Between Cardiff castle, Halifax piece hall, Margate dreamland, some park in Bedford, Scarborough open air theatre, somewhere in Plymouth, Lytham, Lincoln, Derby and a bunch of others.  All with decent bands.  Last year I did Paul Heaton, Sting, Hollywood Vampires and Rag n Bone man for them in Scarborough.

The bands are there, the promoters are there looking for places.  Sadly we chose to go another way that I dont think will neccesarily be a success.  I hope Im proved wrong.   

Company I work for, one of the women is married to Stings brother…
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8496 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 21:52:14 »

Company I work for, one of the women is married to Stings brother…

Can you tell her to tell Sting I'm sorry I didn't see him in Vegas, but I promised the Mrs we'd go to a cirque de soliel show. If he rocks up at the Vic I promise to go.

(Genuinely peeved at missing out)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8497 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 21:56:17 »

Can you tell her to tell Sting I'm sorry I didn't see him in Vegas, but I promised the Mrs we'd go to a cirque de soliel show. If he rocks up at the Vic I promise to go.

(Genuinely peeved at missing out)

As a right wing fascist Tory cunt, you’ll not be surprised if I ask for a small donation to assist the turning of wheels to facilitate your request 😉
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8498 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 23:02:32 »

Some of those venues holding less than the county ground too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8499 on: Thursday, November 30, 2023, 13:16:01 »

Slight aside. Is the club shop not open a few hours on non-matchday Saturday any more?

Should have checked before choosing to pick up the Wimbledon tickets - 10-4 is no good on a weekday Sad
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #8500 on: Thursday, November 30, 2023, 13:30:35 »

Slight aside. Is the club shop not open a few hours on non-matchday Saturday any more?

Should have checked before choosing to pick up the Wimbledon tickets - 10-4 is no good on a weekday Sad

I don't believe it is anymore, only on a matchday Saturday do they open.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8501 on: Thursday, November 30, 2023, 13:44:21 »

Damn it! Thanks.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #8502 on: Thursday, November 30, 2023, 13:47:23 »

Damn it! Thanks.

I believe that any tickets which aren't collected will go up on the supporter coach & can be collected at their ground somewhere. I know I have done that in the past.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8503 on: Thursday, November 30, 2023, 13:51:06 »

At the bottom of the last email I got from the club shop it says

Away match Saturday’s - CLOSED

…doesn’t state if they are open on Saturdays where we don’t have a game because we got embarrassing obliterated in the first round of the FA Cup by a non league side - again.

…but I imagine they’d just treat that like an away day Saturday …
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8504 on: Thursday, November 30, 2023, 13:54:07 »

I believe that any tickets which aren't collected will go up on the supporter coach & can be collected at their ground somewhere. I know I have done that in the past.

yeah, always nervous of that but might be the only way.
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 566 [567] 568 569 570 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: