Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Takeover set for completion a day too late for Paolo  (Read 19239 times)
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:22:41 »

I couldn't be less surprised. Can the Adver take that ridiculous 'day too late for Di Canio' headline down now?
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:26:45 »

It's between the consortium and the FL. The club can't comment as the outgoing board are still in charge.
Sorry that's what I meant, Someone at the club is passing on updates to the Advertiser to publish without breaking the NDA so why not stop some rumours by telling supporters themselves.
kerry red

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:27:35 »

On the plus side, if we win tonight take the 3 points off the 10 we'll be docked for administration and we've only lost 7!!!

Everybody and anybody associated with the club is a complete cunt
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:32:54 »

On the plus side, if we win tonight take the 3 points off the 10 we'll be docked for administration and we've only lost 7!!!

i always look forward to your well reasoned and sensible posts, KR.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:35:04 »

Fucking hell. You do post some crap.
kerry red

« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:37:53 »

i always look forward to your well reasoned and sensible posts, KR.

Thank you. I do spend an inordinate amount time getting my posts just right!!!

Or to be honest, I'm so pissed off with the club at the moment I'd like to kick it in the cunt
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:48:24 »

Is anyone remotely surprised that it hasn't been sorted today?  An absolute farce and anyone who is kidding themselves there is nothing wrong, well they're kidding themselves. 
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:51:30 »

Rumours suggesting it will be sorted by the end of the week at the earliest now. (source: Me)

Also, didn't the recent takover at Leeds take 6 weeks or so to get ratified?

#VivaKenBarlow!
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:58:35 »

Is anyone remotely surprised that it hasn't been sorted today?  An absolute farce and anyone who is kidding themselves there is nothing wrong, well they're kidding themselves. 

Not at all, no.

We've all been led to believe that this takeover would happen in a matter of days, when in reality it probably would be more like a few months. Hate all the speculation on thisis. Writing stuff for the sake of it. Bit like this post I suppose  Cheesy
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:59:52 »

Just a bit more on the time it is taking...GFH Captial finalised a deal for Leeds on 21st November and it was 'officially' completed on 21st December.

#VivaKenBarlow!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 17:57:16 »

I posted this before, but Reading's takeover took 6 weeks after submitting to the FL.  As someone mentioned above, Leeds took 4 to 5 weeks.

I think the issue here appears to have been an assumption and continual reporting of the fact that the the FL would somehow do this a lot quicker.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 18:07:52 »

I posted this before, but Reading's takeover took 6 weeks after submitting to the FL.  As someone mentioned above, Leeds took 4 to 5 weeks.

I think the issue here appears to have been an assumption and continual reporting of the fact that the the FL would somehow do this a lot quicker.
Which suggests xtremely poor journalism from a number of outlets over the last month or so resulting in false expectations & ultimately the resignation of our best assest.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 18:09:41 »

Which suggests xtremely poor journalism from a number of outlets over the last month or so resulting in false expectations & ultimately the resignation of our best assest.
so basically it's Sam Morshead who made Paolo quit?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 18:13:45 »

so basically it's Sam Morshead who made Paolo quit?
Not at all. It probably looks as though I'm giving Sam a hard time with some of my posts & I genuinely don't mean to. He's a fan like the rest of us & obviously wants the best for the club but he along with others in the press have, over the last fortnight at least, been stringing us along with 'understands it will be ratified tomorrow'. Either he's guessing or he needs to get better sources. It's not an easy job being a journalist in these circumstances but I would rather read boring facts than exciting rumours.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 18:14:55 »

nah, i'm sure he's just making it up as he goes along
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: