Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Frustrated Di Canio lets fly in 20-minute rant  (Read 16057 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 23:24:25 »

He is a born winner and a revolutionary, our win ratio under him is fantastic.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 23:41:19 »

100% agree. It's quality having such a bloke as manager of our club.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 00:18:40 »

Throughout their entire managerial careers Paolo is up there with the best.

Alex Ferguson - 58.16%
Paolo Di Canio - 56.98% (His League win ratio is 66%)
Roberto Mancini - 55.75%
Arsene Wenger - 53.30%
David Moyes - 43.80%

Interestingly, In 120 games in charge, Wilson won 43 games, in 86 games as our manager PdC has won 49.

I may be a cunt, but in Paolo I still trust

« Last Edit: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 00:21:55 by Shaw Rosso » Logged
stfcinbmth

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 01:09:31 »

Shouting the odds in the press doesn't make him a revolutionary, it makes him a loudmouth.

Something you can relate to at last
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:25:45 »

I really like Paolo's general approach to management and definitely love the way he tries to get the whole club pulling in the same direction. People often say bring back the Macari days, or we need a rookie manager like Ardiles or Hoddle who will tear up the way Swindon Town are supposed to play and do it differently. Well here we have a manager trying to do all of that and all anyone can really talk about is how he talks to the press. I'd rather Di Canio, pushing us towards promotion with his mad media interviews than some boring bastard who is failing miserably to get us out of the bottom four.

I'm actually indifferent to his interviews now. It's either some cliched bollocks or him sounding off about something or other. It's become just as boring as Wilson giving the same bullshit answers about how he and the team were going to turn things around. I'm quite surprised as it was the 'circus act' scenario which made me reserved about Di Canio's appointment - whilst 90% of the people on here were practically knocking one out. What did people expect ffs?!

The only difference between this year and last is that we're not winning every game at home. But we're 7th in League One, a division that two seasons ago we finished bottom in. I'll let the odd crazy monologue from our manager slide as long as we keep on the up like the way that we are.

I wonder if half of his frustration is about fans picking holes in his successful approach. That's not to say he should be immune from criticism but the focus on his PR is too great in my opinion.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 09:28:37 by Simon Pieman » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 13:26:34 »

I really like Paolo's general approach to management and definitely love the way he tries to get the whole club pulling in the same direction. People often say bring back the Macari days, or we need a rookie manager like Ardiles or Hoddle who will tear up the way Swindon Town are supposed to play and do it differently. Well here we have a manager trying to do all of that and all anyone can really talk about is how he talks to the press. I'd rather Di Canio, pushing us towards promotion with his mad media interviews than some boring bastard who is failing miserably to get us out of the bottom four.

I'm actually indifferent to his interviews now. It's either some cliched bollocks or him sounding off about something or other. It's become just as boring as Wilson giving the same bullshit answers about how he and the team were going to turn things around. I'm quite surprised as it was the 'circus act' scenario which made me reserved about Di Canio's appointment - whilst 90% of the people on here were practically knocking one out. What did people expect ffs?!

The only difference between this year and last is that we're not winning every game at home. But we're 7th in League One, a division that two seasons ago we finished bottom in. I'll let the odd crazy monologue from our manager slide as long as we keep on the up like the way that we are.

I wonder if half of his frustration is about fans picking holes in his successful approach. That's not to say he should be immune from criticism but the focus on his PR is too great in my opinion.

This, a million times this.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 16:43:46 »

Some good points Sie but maybe Paolo himself should focus a little less on his PR.
His continual moaning and whinging is becoming boring and will draw all kinds of comments.
Its not the fans who are moaning Sie.....most of the time it is the manager.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 16:53:01 »

Needs to start towing the line a little. The Board are not going to put up with this continual swipe at them. Something is going to give.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 17:24:29 »

The gist of this is that he is doing a decent job and thus we are high in the league, whilst he is doing this he has some leeway with the fans and I suggest the board although how far this goes I don't know.

I am happy with what he is doing but the interviews do grate, although i remain convinced that this is not helped to a degree by the interviewers seeking a sensational quote and knowing what buttons to press and the fact that he is being interviewed in a second language, Italian is a very blunt and direct language (as is French infact) and thus even though he is speaking English it its possible that a lot is being lost in translation.

But in my eyes he is here to manage, not to provide sound bites and on that basis I hav to admit now that if I ever see an interview with him in the paper I tend to ignore or scan it at the very most as to me its really of little point.

The one interesting test will be how he ever reacts when a poor run happens and the fans get on his back, that I fear would not be pretty!

I s'pose what I am rambling to say is, if his interviews irritate you, dont read them.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #99 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 20:00:03 »

If Paladini takes over at Brum with Italian backing, it could be interesting.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #100 on: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 20:48:39 »

Some good points Sie but maybe Paolo himself should focus a little less on his PR.
His continual moaning and whinging is becoming boring and will draw all kinds of comments.
Its not the fans who are moaning Sie.....most of the time it is the manager.

Paolo should focus more on his PR if he's making us fans feel like that, no?

Fans are moaning about it and have been since a few weeks into the season. That's not to say they're wrong, he probably should learn how to handle himself in the media.

He's not going to change and showing him the door based on what he says in interviews would be ridiculous. Which is what some people have suggested in this very thread. That's what I mean about fans having too much focus on his PR.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: