Pages: 1 ... 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1228801 times)
Valid Pint

« Reply #4695 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 17:17:52 »

I’ve praised the govt for some things ... I’ve seen PaulD ... do the same.

Was that pre-2010? Or which govt? Venezuela? North Korea?
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #4696 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 17:18:54 »

"It was great to see so many people out shopping, whilst maintaining social distancing....quite a lot of them." ~ Boris Johnson

I loved the "quite a lot of them", made me laugh.  Glad to see Boris acknowledging that good old British common sense is working, that we are respecting the "rules", and are all staying alert - well, quite a lot of us, which I suppose is "great"

No one kills a thread like me....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4697 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 17:22:06 »

what percentage of the population does that account for?

Who cares?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4698 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 17:38:21 »

4D, genuinely mate. Are you ok? You do seem to have been incredibly uptight/highly strung the last few weeks. Much more so than I've heard read from you on here before.

I'm being serious btw. If the current environment is making you much more reactive than normal then maybe social media (or even here) would be worth giving a break for a little while. Of course, you're free to do as you wish but as I say, at the moment you do seem to be countering nearly everything that is said to you/written; whereas you aren't (in my experience) usually so.

Do keep well, this is after all just a small portion of all our lives.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4699 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 17:45:25 »

I'm fine.
Be glad when this returns to being a predominantly football forum. Not many laughs on here these days either.
Bloody government   Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4700 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 18:01:26 »

I'm fine.
Be glad when this returns to being a predominantly football forum. Not many laughs on here these days either.
Bloody government   Smiley

Good.

There are plenty of laughs but mine are more dry than a tee-total Nun, eating Jacobs* with a 24 pack of Plenty*

At least in time we can all laugh at how I called it glorified flu (they weren't my words but I'll happily live by the criticism) for an extended period of time and how Sippo was pissed off at not being able to go and have a pint in a beer garden, right amongst the peak (may need clarification).

While there are of course plenty of serious matters that will have buggered up most of us, I think we can largely write 2020 off as the year that either made us very angry or made us sit up and listen. I think the ways in which we view and/or approach that gives us an indicator of who we are coming out of this. As individuals, society and species.

Pint

No piss take btw but has you tried meditation?

*Not a sponsored post

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4701 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 18:01:35 »

Was that pre-2010? Or which govt? Venezuela? North Korea?

Oh ...

Well done to the Government for this.  Unlike the health side of the crisis, I think they've done pretty damn well with the economic side and it will definitely ease a lot of people's money worries.

Strangely, the main criticism seems to be coming from the right wing supporters who feel that extending furlough is somehow giving people something for nothing.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4702 on: Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 22:01:22 »

We had 233 deaths announced today, coincidentally we had the same number of total deaths to date on the 22nd March the day before our government belatedly enforced the lock down.

Yet we are now being encouraged to go to the shops, get the kids back into school with the 2m rule being reviewed.

Bloody public.

Argh. That number is near meaningless now, given it’s a cumulative total of any deaths registered yesterday that happened in the last three months.

The latest excess deaths figure, for the last week of May, the absolute maximum number of Covid deaths there could have possibly been, is less than the hospital death figure at lockdown. The COVID registered deaths (hospital and non) for the 5th June were about half the number when lockdown started

Things get better but they never get good
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4703 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 09:36:12 »

4D, genuinely mate. Are you ok? You do seem to have been incredibly uptight/highly strung the last few weeks. Much more so than I've heard read from you on here before.

I'm being serious btw. If the current environment is making you much more reactive than normal then maybe social media (or even here) would be worth giving a break for a little while. Of course, you're free to do as you wish but as I say, at the moment you do seem to be countering nearly everything that is said to you/written; whereas you aren't (in my experience) usually so.

Do keep well, this is after all just a small portion of all our lives.

Most of the time your posts are overly wordy and a bit annoying, but I like you. You're a decent person.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4704 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 09:53:44 »

Agreed  Group Hug
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4705 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 13:23:42 »

As 4D has pointed out, there's some proper fucking idiots about who seem incapable of observing the social distancing rules that have been quite clearly set out by the Health Secretary. Like the Health Secretary waiting for PMQs this morning, for example

https://twitter.com/scotthortop/status/1273210454438010881
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4706 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 13:40:47 »

This is a bit different, and as an aside probably means the Brits might be shunned on travel for a while longer:

New Zealand’s Prime Minister said today that the two new coronavirus cases reported on yesterday was due to an “unacceptable failure of the system.”

“This case represents an unacceptable failure of the system. It should never have happened and it cannot be repeated” said Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.
The cases marked the first instances of coronavirus in New Zealand to be reported in 24 days, according to the country's Ministry of Health.

The two cases are both women from the same family who arrived in New Zealand from the UK via Australia and were permitted on compassionate grounds to leave an isolation hotel in Auckland and travel to Wellington via private vehicle to visit a relative who has since died, Director-General of Health Dr. Ashley Bloomfield said in news conference yesterday.

Ardern also announced on today that she would appoint the military to oversee New Zealand’s quarantine process saying, "I am appointing the assistant Chief of Defense Air Commodore Darryn Webb to oversee all quarantine and managed isolation facilities, including the processes around the exit of those who have been in these facilities.”

“From the beginning, we have taken an extraordinarily cautious approach at the border. That is why we have required every returning New Zealander to go into a facility that we manage. That protocol remains,” Ardern said.

Source: CNN
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4707 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 13:42:57 »

This article on the lockdown experience of a freelance private banking journalist and her venture-capitalist husband reads like a parody.  I'm sure we can all relate ...

https://www.ft.com/content/8ea1c992-89f8-11ea-a109-483c62d17528
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4708 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 13:54:44 »

As 4D has pointed out, there's some proper fucking idiots about who seem incapable of observing the social distancing rules that have been quite clearly set out by the Health Secretary. Like the Health Secretary waiting for PMQs this morning, for example

I'm amazed they find it so difficult,  there's even markings on the floor  Roll Eyes Not sure why the yellow lines are T shaped, what if you want to sit at the front seat bottom corner? I've walked through there before and it's quite a confined area.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4709 on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 14:28:08 »

Well apparently he's got plenty of form https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/updated-hancock-setting-a-bad-example-on-social-distancing-say-nhs-leaders/7027385.article
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: