Question: Will You Or Won't You?
I'll Renew - 46 (47.4%)
Fuck That! - 30 (30.9%)
Haven't Got One Anyway - 18 (18.6%)
It's Gonna Be My First! - 3 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Renewing, Or Not Renewing?  (Read 12138 times)
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 22:51:30 »

Will probably renew which feels a little bizarre as I really can't be arsed to go on Saturday, never mind face another 23 games of L2 shit next season.

However, even the mention of not renewing has freaked my boys out. They're not bothered about 5 year plans, 4-5-1 or early bird super saver interest free instalment plans but with a watch the small print administration fee plus another £15 quid for JRs.

Oh for a life of simple, childish logic: you have a team, you go and support them.

If there is hope, it rests with the young.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 23:37:30 »

No chance! I have had enough this season, when you think things can only improve....they don't. I've had a season ticket for the last three years, the last one before that was for the prem year; I went to about 5 games between 1999 and 2006 (I had lost interest then). Went to a few games in 2007 and my interest was rekindled. Over the years it seems to me that players have lost that passion for my club, so what am I supporting  Huh?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 11:32:02 »

Will probably renew which feels a little bizarre as I really can't be arsed to go on Saturday, never mind face another 23 games of L2 shit next season.

However, even the mention of not renewing has freaked my boys out. They're not bothered about 5 year plans, 4-5-1 or early bird super saver interest free instalment plans but with a watch the small print administration fee plus another £15 quid for JRs.

Oh for a life of simple, childish logic: you have a team, you go and support them.

Fantastic post Christy
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 11:50:26 »

No chance! I have had enough this season, when you think things can only improve....they don't. I've had a season ticket for the last three years, the last one before that was for the prem year; I went to about 5 games between 1999 and 2006 (I had lost interest then). Went to a few games in 2007 and my interest was rekindled. Over the years it seems to me that players have lost that passion for my club, so what am I supporting  Huh?

The affection between the everyday fan and the players who play for their football club is at an all time low.

Depressing really.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 11:54:53 »

you know, judging by some of the posts on here there does seem to be some half intellignet town fans out there.

Whilst every town fan I meet out and about seems to be a fuckwit...whats going on?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 13:38:36 »

you know, judging by some of the posts on here there does seem to be some half intellignet town fans out there.

Whilst every town fan I meet out and about seems to be a fuckwit...whats going on?
Everyone else on the site is simply sonic posting under different aliases to reflect the many different facets of his character. And he actually lives in a mountain fortress in Norway from where he controls his army of minions in his ongoing plot to take over the world so doesn't get to matches very often. The chances of you meeting him are slim
wacko

« Reply #111 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 17:28:54 »

Yes i will be before the end of this month because i don't want to pay more than the £259 and will pay £15 so my son can have a ticket.Part of me doesn't want to but i know if i don't i will be bored on a Satureday afternoon next season. Oh what an exciting life i lead !
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 17:43:49 »

That's essentially how I see it....but I'm an old fart.

I think for the young, it's more you have a team STFC, but buy a Chelsea/Arsenal/ManUre shirt to save having the piss ripped out of you at school.
Spencer_White

« Reply #113 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 17:55:23 »

The affection between the everyday fan and the players who play for their football club is at an all time low.

Depressing really.

Maybe in general, Rooney seems to lead the way in plumbing new depths.

But I honestly think Swindon fans are more much more positive about the players than we were 2 and a half years ago, during the Aljofree/Malpas debacle. Some of the players have continued to try very hard this season. But the problem is terminal this season, not enough quality up front.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 21:22:14 »

I have sat in the same seat for 24 seasons since I was 4 years old, seen the club in all 4 divisons and seen some awful Town teams. But this year has been the worst and most heart breaking season I have ever had because in all those years I have never looked forward to a season as much as this one. After last year I went into the Brighton game believing that we were in for an even greater season than last, But that game was a real wake up call for what was ahead.
I have never till this year realised just how Swindon results effect my moods. Saturdays are like groundhog day at the moment waking up with a sense of optimism but come 5pm feeling it all sucked out of me, in fact almost every saturday for 3 months has left me feeling as empty as after the wembley game.

That said its those emotions and feelings that make me realise I cant give it up, I will be renewing because regardless of if we win or lose being a Town fan is part of who I am, its in my blood and If I didn't renew I would just be sat next to a radio or updating the town end on my iphone anyway.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 21:24:30 by Town23 » Logged
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 21:23:58 »

Has anyone received a renewal letter or email yet? I haven't (which won't make any difference anyway  Sad)
wacko

« Reply #116 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 22:57:38 »

yes had an email the other week
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 23:09:52 »

I think for the young, it's more you have a team STFC, but buy a Chelsea/Arsenal/ManUre shirt to save having the piss ripped out of you at school.

It's worse than that Reg....in the new year my eleven year old struck a safe looking bet with his Pox supporting teacher.....so if Swindon are relegated he gets to choose a song to sing, on his own, in whole school assembly.....

This is in Witney.  He won't be banking on having a load of mates to help him out.  I don't know what the other side of the bet is, that's become rather more irrelevant.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 23:23:51 »

Just had a look at the stats.....

STFC last six home games we have scored 1 goal.
D&R last six away games = 7 goals scored.

Odds I have just seen on a D&R away win 11/4
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, March 10, 2011, 23:57:52 »

Has anyone received a renewal letter or email yet? I haven't (which won't make any difference anyway  Sad)
With sublime timing my renewal letter dropped on my door-mat the morning after the Plymouth game sealed our fate. Imagine my guffaws as I read the opening sentence:

We are launching the 2011/12 Season Ticket campaign at a time when the club's League One position is a little uncertain

Still, at least the uncertainty's been cleared up
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: