Question: Will You Or Won't You?
I'll Renew - 46 (47.4%)
Fuck That! - 30 (30.9%)
Haven't Got One Anyway - 18 (18.6%)
It's Gonna Be My First! - 3 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Renewing, Or Not Renewing?  (Read 12210 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:26:18 »

Yep, I support the team and it doesn't matter what division we are in.

The price of a season ticket vs pay on the day makes it a no brainer if you are going to watch games
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:32:24 »

There is no reason what so ever that a football man could not take a position on the board at exec or non-exec level

Who would you want? Phil King? Alan Mac?

Is fan representation a go-er with this lot?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:34:39 »

Renewing - as someone else said it's part of a routine and a chance to catch up with friends. Too good a price not to do it in the early bird period either. (Even for League 2)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:37:18 »

There is no reason what so ever that a football man could not take a position on the board at exec or non-exec level

Indeed. Doesn't seem to have done Man Utd any harm having Bobby Charlton on the board.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:37:57 »

Dunno - dad & Bob will cause it's cheap for OAPs really
I just hate the feeling of "having" to go
Oh and I'm like mega poor too
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:41:36 »

the fact remanins that both striker & central defender issue was addressed too late.

And therein lies my point

It hasn't been
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:50:42 »

Indeed. Doesn't seem to have done Man Utd any harm having Bobby Charlton on the board.

Much as I am loathed to go with the continental model of a Director of Football, Fitton has demonstrated time and time again that he is out of his depth on professional football matters.

He needs a solid football brain within the boardroom to advise and act.

Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 12:55:04 »

I'll be renewing, but only because it's a lot cheaper than pay on the day, even if I miss a fair few.

Looks like I'll be moving though, as no-one else around me is renewing.

its probably the joy of sitting next to you every game

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 13:03:37 »

It's been a difficult decision for me, but I'm not renewing.

I was undecided on renewing last season because the wife was pregnant and I knew we'd be with sprog mid-way through the season. With hindsight I'm glad I chose to because it turned out to be probably the best season of football I've ever witnessed.

This season I again debated renewing due to the littl'un, given the prospect of another exciting season ahead chasing promotion I of course renewed.

This time round I've followed the same thought process of family vs. football. Call me fairweather if you like, but the very real prospect of League Two football next season made my mind up for me. Not renewing is kind of like my little "fuck you" to the club for promising so much yet delivering so little. It was the hope that killed it. I'd much rather spend my Saturdays with my kid.
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 13:05:39 »

Been a season ticket holder for 15 of last 20 years i guess.  Seen some great town teams seen some very poor ones.  This season we could go down with less than 40 points.  After last season its just mind numbing.  My renewel papers came through the post today.  Had swindon town written all over the envelope, i just hope my neighbours didnt see as at present im embarressed.

The price to renew is a great price.  But ive simply lost my heart to go after this season crap.
I think the first division is crap.  I havent seen a good team all season.  And we are the worst of the lot.  I dont wanna watch 2nd division football.  I did last time and to me it was just putting a wrong right in getting back up.  I got no fun out of it.  From all the work that Fitton and co have done we will be starting from scratch.  New manager,  new team, sadly new division.  I cant see us getting back up at the first attempt.  Look at Bradford they struggle like mad.

Its easier to stay away than the board think it is for fans.  We have been kicked in the balls week in week out this season.  This really could be the worst season EVER.  For those of you who renew i hope to god you are rewarded.  But sadly for me my money is in short supply.  Getting my car though its MOT just cost more than i hoped and you have to pay the bills first and foremost.  As far as home games go im a die hard.  But this season has killed me. I will only be back next season if i pick and chose.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 13:07:56 »

Renewing.
Done with this season, fed up with the whole bleedin lot of 'em but next season is a clean slate no matter what league we're in and I'll be there ....... it's how I roll  Cheesy
Spencer_White

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 13:18:16 »

Renewed.

Good price.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 13:22:05 »

Yes, most likely. Football wise I see very little difference between League 1 and League 2. Shit teams in this league and shit teams in that league.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 14:02:30 »

I know we're poo but I'll still renew
Next season could be sweet like Riesen chocolate chew
flammableBen

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 14:04:50 »

All you fucking not going bandwaggoners, you'll be straight back when we're good. I didn't go through one of our best seasons in recent history, it's not something you stop in the light of cheap season tickets and success.

Fucking part timers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: