Question: Will You Or Won't You?
I'll Renew - 46 (47.4%)
Fuck That! - 30 (30.9%)
Haven't Got One Anyway - 18 (18.6%)
It's Gonna Be My First! - 3 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Renewing, Or Not Renewing?  (Read 12208 times)
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 14:21:02 »

Not renewing.

If all goes to plan, I should be at one of Portsmouth, Southampton Solent or Chester university, so the prospect of having to travel back every other weekend and even on week nights just for 90 minutes doesn't appeal. Pair that with amount of debt I'm set to get myself in what with University fees, maintenance and lifestyle loans, travel expenses ect, having to fork out for a season ticket just isn't a possibility for me.

Having said that, this season has pissed me off so much I'm not too upset about missing next year's inevitable League Two campaign. I'll still support Swindon, and probably attend Oxford away for the "experience", but the club will get no money off of me next season.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 14:22:06 »

I've had ST for the last few years with the kids, seriously considering not renewing. Because the kids are still quite young, we dont tend to go to many mid week games, so the savings over match day prices aren't that great. And if I dont renew it will mean we have the option to pick the best games to go to and to do other stuff on a Saturday, watch some rugby (Premiership matches at Gloucester or London Irish can cost less than a pay on the day ticket at STFC), maybe some local non-league games. Enthusiasm is really waning at the moment, and unless the next couple of games show any signs of progress, I cant see me renewing before April 3rd or whatever it is. And if I dont get the early bird renewal I definitely wont renew as it wont be worth it.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 14:29:57 »

its probably the joy of sitting next to you every game

Good point.

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 14:38:02 »

Only way I'll be there next season is if i'm in the dugout having been appointed manager.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 15:01:21 »

Yeah probably. Assuming I get paid sometime soon.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 15:04:09 »

All you fucking not going bandwaggoners, you'll be straight back when we're good. I didn't go through one of our best seasons in recent history, it's not something you stop in the light of cheap season tickets and success.

Fucking part timers.

Spot on. All this whinging about our board is doing my head in. Where has all this fitton medling in team affairs talk come from?where was all the anti board slanging as we were taking our place at wembley last May? Were our board shit at football decisions then? Get a grip...  

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 15:07:25 »

Fuck off
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 15:10:48 »

Fuck off

Hit a nerve sweetpea? Bless x

flammableBen

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 15:12:52 »

Spot on. All this whinging about our board is doing my head in. Where has all this fitton medling in team affairs talk come from?where was all the anti board slanging as we were taking our place at wembley last May? Were our board shit at football decisions then? Get a grip... 

I'm not sure that's what I was trying to say at all.

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 15:15:02 »

Hit a nerve sweetpea? Bless x
Not really you just seem a bit German.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 15:15:35 »

I'm not sure that's what I was trying to say at all.

after spot on it was my own rant nothing to do with your post.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 15:18:05 »

where was all the anti board slanging as we were taking our place at wembley last May? Were our board shit at football decisions then? Get a grip...

Yes, we played in White.

Tongue in cheek warning for the excessively literal...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 15:45:32 »

I think you will find plenty of reasons sherlock if you read this forum instead of just coming on and picking up on one thread.

How about the demise of a squad that got us to Wembley in the first instance, yet alone the piss poor excuses we have drafted in as replacements.

Failing that you could also have a chat with Divinhio

Get a fucking grip
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 17:07:38 »

People come in and out of fandom all the time, often as shown by this thread, it is some of the loudest and most "diehard" who jump ship first.

This season has been absolute gash....the worst side I've seen at this level, and I started going just about 50 years ago.

The only interest has been how the fuck did it happen? Buggered if I know.  But the future is now fascinating....can we really rule out a drop to the Conference?  Or maybe we'll use it as a springboard to fight back.

It's never been easy being a Town fan....

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 17:16:00 »

i ditched going to games pre christmas as i was not enjoying it anymore.I'd been going to nearly every home game and plenty of away for the past 10 years pretty solidly until then.
The last time i did this was when going to raves on friday night was a better prospect during the 90's.Got the bug back when i was able to start taking my son to games.
Now the raves have been repleced with golf,horse racing,the dog,and even shopping with the mrs.

No doubt the urge to go to football will return,as it will with plenty of others.
Not for the forseeable future though.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 17:18:55 by arriba » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: