Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is The Recession Affecting You?  (Read 80442 times)
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 14:29:37 »

a Norwegian wood
Talk Talk

« Reply #361 on: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 14:30:52 »

This makes me pine for Norway

Do you drive a Fjord?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 14:32:20 »

You could work on a fish farm, as a herring aid.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Talk Talk

« Reply #363 on: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 14:33:23 »

You could work on a fish farm, as a herring aid.

You're just trawling for puns now, Nev.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 21:59:33 »

Have to admit the constant stream of bad news has been getting me down a little of late.  My own job, and those of my colleagues, will not be completely safe until the corner is turned...and I'm getting tired of waiting, to tell the truth.  It's already more than 18 months since the onset of the credit crunch and 9 months in to the recession.  Hope those green shoots start showing some time soon.

Anyway, I knew I had to go for a run this evening...and it's blown away a few cobwebs and improved my mood no end.  Fuck the recession.  It's not like it's going to kill anyone.  And we got three points today.

There.  Perspective.  Not a lot of point to that post, I know, but now it's off my chest at least.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #365 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:28:10 »

I thought  I'd go for a run this evening too to blow away the cobwebs but had to walk past a bottle of Chardonnay first and thuoght it would be rude to turn it down. I too have perspective but withuot the fucked quadruceps.
Talk Talk

« Reply #366 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:31:05 »

I thought  I'd go for a run this evening too to blow away the cobwebs but had to walk past a bottle of Chardonnay first and thuoght it would be rude to turn it down. I too have perspective but withuot the fucked quadruceps.

My personal runs are scheduled for tomorrow morning. It's the brewing flour and roasted barley in Guinness that has that effect.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #367 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:34:07 »

My personal runs are scheduled for tomorrow morning. It's the brewing flour and roasted barley in Guinness that has that effect.
Have a vindy on top of the Guiness and go for a personal record.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:35:50 »

Got to be up at 8 to take the lad to play football in Pewsey. Watching him running about is more than enough exercise for me these days Smiley
Talk Talk

« Reply #369 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:38:28 »

Have a vindy on top of the Guiness and go for a personal record.

Oh jeez, no. Do you expect me to spend the rest of my days walking round with an exploded poo-hole? How awful would that be? I would be like something out of Viz but three dimensional.

I settled for a home made cottage pie instead. I await only rustic anal violence in the morning as opposed to the Himalayan tectonic plate variety.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #370 on: Saturday, March 21, 2009, 23:39:14 »

Got to be up at 8 to take the lad to play football in Pewsey. Watching him running about is more than enough exercise for me these days Smiley
Watching anyone running around is more than enough exercise for me - it makes me thirsty. Mtchdays make me particularly thirsty.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 00:08:59 »

Have to admit the constant stream of bad news has been getting me down a little of late.  My own job, and those of my colleagues, will not be completely safe until the corner is turned...and I'm getting tired of waiting, to tell the truth.  It's already more than 18 months since the onset of the credit crunch and 9 months in to the recession.  Hope those green shoots start showing some time soon.

Anyway, I knew I had to go for a run this evening...and it's blown away a few cobwebs and improved my mood no end.  Fuck the recession.  It's not like it's going to kill anyone.  And we got three points today.

There.  Perspective.  Not a lot of point to that post, I know, but now it's off my chest at least.
good attitude.

mine is: i've given up.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 13:07:24 »

I await only rustic anal violence in the morning
Deliverance stylee? "Squeal piggy squeal"? Have to say, I've had some rough mornings after in my time, but none that felt THAT bad
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 13:35:29 »

Confidence is what's needed to start turning things around, the experts think the markets are running about 40% below natural prices, due to the huge lack of confidence around.  Easier said than done, as how do you get the confidence back.

Hopefully the media will gee up the positives as much as they've sensationalised the negatives and we'll be fine.  My mrs' job is looking a bit ropey now, think we'd be okay on my wage alone, but not something I'd want to find out.

So if anyone sees any green shoots let us all know.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 16:29:12 »

Looks like im going to get my first bit of recession down here, more than likely going to lose my friday night due to lack of people going out both nights of the weekned.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: