Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: McCrory reacts to report Di Canio set to sue club  (Read 9808 times)
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 10:40:24 »

The article on the BBC site certainly seems to be pure speculation - no quotes from Di Canio. Until then I'd regard it at journalistic guff.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 10:43:37 »

Yeah, he left of his own accord, saving us his wages and a severance package.

Just goes to show doesn't it.

Ince - Condemned in the press for his arrogance, slef proclaimed "Guv'nor" etc. Walked away for nothing rather than shaft us for money we couldn't really afford.

Ruddock - The media's favourite loveable rougue. Well...you know the rest.

Paul Ince was never a favourite of mine but i certainly respect him more these days.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #62 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 10:57:59 »

I'm stunned.  Seriously.  What does a man of his means and wealth need to do this for?  After all of the success that he had with us...he'll just ruin his legacy in the eyes of the fans with this.  It's so sad.

If it's true, it's probably because his friend Phil Spencer is upset he's lost a good thing here*. Maybe Paolo was trying to call the club's bluff all along.

*hypothetically. That may not actually be the case.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:32:31 »

Could purely be that by making such a quote on the day new manager was appointed it keeps Paolo di Canio as 'the story'.

If he does sue it could lead to some interesting revelations, how much we spent of Agents fees, who was signing off the off the wall signings, how much we paid out in release fees etc.

Equally does it not constitute a breachof contractor to be slating your employer in the media for a prolonged period?
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 12:47:01 »

Solicitors are making a killing at STFC at the moment it seems.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 13:02:04 »

Currently my thanks and respect for Paolo are significantly greater than that for The Sun, regardless of the way his departure unfolded.

Until this ceases to be the case, or we hear something directly from Paolo, then this is all just a non-event. I will not let it get in the way of the recent optimism about the new manager, and hopes for the remainder of the season.
Bone Machine

Idiot in a Kilt

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, March 1, 2013, 13:11:40 »

Equally does it not constitute a breachof contractor to be slating your employer in the media for a prolonged period?

Almost certainly not, sadly. It does, however, constitute being a complete knob.

It's not the despair that hurts. It's the hope.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: