Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Afc Rochdale v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 61660 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:27:39 »

El abd was crap. If i was a seasoned professional id give stfc a fucking big swerve unless I was desperate or looking to swell my bank balance. We also need one in midfield. The problem is where to fucking start with this lot. First of all a lot of the injuries are total bollox. I played for winning and losing teams and the latter will have more injuries where players just didn't fancy it. Easy to say you've got a niggle. they were blowing out of their arses after 10 mins Tuesday. When you put a group together you look for leaders and there aren't any. I think the crowd have been pretty good with the players so far. It is going to get far worse. A bad result Tuesday and saturday will be bad. Losing is ok but abject surrender is not.
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:33:52 »

Excluding the cup game, Sherwood's had one good result and one bad. today was 'very' bad but I'm sure we'd all agree that a win a Southend would be 'very' good (whatever the score or manner of win)... It's just one game. I'm disappointed we are not higher up, I'm sure Power / Williams is too but when things go bad you need to fix them. Power has addressed that in the best way possible given the time / circumstance and now we have to wait. It won't be overnight but I don't think this team has the hallmark of one that is doomed...those on the brink of financial collapse with players that are both no good and overpaid can drag teams down as can divisions in the team etc, etc but we don't have that. I'm not too worried. Just disappointed to get thumped today and hoping for a decent result in the next one.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:38:55 »

We're in the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:39:28 »

A bad result Tuesday and saturday will be bad. Losing is ok but abject surrender is not.

It's not been a good few days....first the Owner is spending money on acquiring another club, when STFC is achieving its worst ever defeat to a non league club in 110 years at the CG in the FA Cup. Second, STFC loses its first ever league game at Spotland. I guess the decent win v Charlton, has done enough to keep protests away for now, but it can't be very far away.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:46:36 »

conversely i think this team has exactly the hallmark of one going down. it feels like the Danny Wilson season in terms of 'it's going to come good'. yet never delivering.

The difference is, a change has been made much sooner. This gives is a fighting chance of change, and a transfer window. Or we've been stitched up with the next Paul Hart, Tim(e) will tell.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #140 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:50:46 »

Excluding the cup game, Sherwood's had one good result and one bad. today was 'very' bad but I'm sure we'd all agree that a win a Southend would be 'very' good (whatever the score or manner of win)... It's just one game. I'm disappointed we are not higher up, I'm sure Power / Williams is too but when things go bad you need to fix them. Power has addressed that in the best way possible given the time / circumstance and now we have to wait. It won't be overnight but I don't think this team has the hallmark of one that is doomed...those on the brink of financial collapse with players that are both no good and overpaid can drag teams down as can divisions in the team etc, etc but we don't have that. I'm not too worried. Just disappointed to get thumped today and hoping for a decent result in the next one.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong as I have fuck all confidence in staying up. Power may have done something but he's done fuck all for 2 years where our faults have been apparent.
I've written off this season already. At this moment I see no light at the end of the tunnel, only relentlessly boring shite football and teams ripping us a new one in our non contact version of football.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:52:01 »

In many ways, I disregard the Eastleigh result. It was shitty and unacceptable but Town could be positioned within the top 6 and still lose 1-3 at home to teams like Eastleigh.

My issue is the constant 'one step forward, two steps back'. The problems were fairly clear in pre-season and now we're left clinging on until January when the Eliot Benyon transfers will be made. Great.

Long, long way to go but it feels like we've been here before. I can't justify the £50-odd day to go and watch Swindon because I know exactly what will be conjured up and it's not worth paying out (even if we win).

It's terribly sad.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 18:57:28 »

At least i haven't got a season ticket this time,having to endure the Paul Hart tenure was the lowest i've felt watching the Town.I hope this doesn't end up the same.I'm in need of this  Pint
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 19:02:51 »

My issue is the constant 'one step forward, two steps back'. The problems were fairly clear in pre-season and now we're left clinging on until January when the Eliot Benyon transfers will be made. Great.

But who does the blame fall for? Last season Power and williams both said that Williams told him he didn't want a big squad and he then said it bit him in the ass with injuries..... They then bring in players this season but they lack experience.......

Is it Powers fault or is it Williams for not specifying who he wants? No one knows but it's dividing fans on who is ultimately to blame.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 19:04:19 »

Rochdale ground.........Crown oil arena.What a joke.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 19:05:36 »

whoever recruited out forward line, and deems branco, Rodgers and boo up to scratch.

I have no idea if that's Williams or Power, you're right.

I do know that Williams is unable to coach defensive duties. That needs to be fixed by Sherwood
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 19:09:14 »

It might help the defence by playing in the oppositions half all the game....Charlton must be shit.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 19:10:29 »

Right on cue the idiots are out in force on the FB group:

Power does not have the money to solve this problem in January. It can't be solved with a few loans, it needs major investment. Crowds will continue to fall, so any money he does have, if any, will just go in to keeping daily bills paid. I fear that come the end of January we will be looking at administration.

Financially we are better off then we have ever been, the football side sucks but can be changed with a couple of players and a bit of change of attitude but asking for admin? really shows the delusion.
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 19:14:00 »

I have to admit that I understand Williams has a good reputation as a coach but I have no idea what that is based on? Are we crediting him with polishing up some of the bigger sales we've done in the past few years, or were they recruited on the basis of being rough diamonds in the first place (probably by Power, possibly Sherwood)? Since our 4-0 at Wembley, we've not improved defensively one iota with any set of players or formations. Not saying I'd want him to go, as I think we need stability and continuity to offset changes elsewhere in the playing staff but not sure why he is so regarded.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 19:14:53 »

Lee Power is a 'hands on' owner so I'd point blame firmly towards him. Luke Williams never wanted this job, I don't think so anyway. The 5-year deal was probably more to be a part of the project than to be our glorious leader.

Plus I don't think Seamus Brady exists.

As a side, I was listening to The Football Ramble podcast on Friday and they were laughing at Swindon Town's predicament (Sherwood). That might not matter in the grand scheme of things but it's a good indicator of what the outsiders are thinking. It's not good.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: