Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Afc Rochdale v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 61832 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 16:57:26 »

I think it's time.

garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 16:58:44 »

Its not necessarily an ability problem, its mental strength and fitness IMO.

Exactly........... but how do you solve that? realistically they need to be in on extra training tomorrow, double shift and have to want to play for the club......... too many let their heads drop as soon as a goal goes in, there is a lack of determination to try once we are behind....... you can probably put some blame on Williams for probably being too soft on them when we lose but at the end of the day they are paid a salary to do their job and at the moment they aren't doing it to the best of their abilities.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 16:59:11 »

Exeter concede 97th minute at Carlisle. Nice journey home.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:00:03 »

Oh, and I disagree, it is an ability thing for too many of them. But getting fit would be a start.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:00:13 »

Thank god. FT.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:02:58 »

Southend away Tuesday, beat Bradford 3-0, Cox and Ranger up front. Christ.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:05:43 »

Exactly........... but how do you solve that? realistically they need to be in on extra training tomorrow, double shift and have to want to play for the club......... too many let their heads drop as soon as a goal goes in, there is a lack of determination to try once we are behind....... you can probably put some blame on Williams for probably being too soft on them when we lose but at the end of the day they are paid a salary to do their job and at the moment they aren't doing it to the best of their abilities.
KO

Experience! That's how...

Can't see that happening.

Pin our hopes on some unproven youngins from Alfreton or Belington Terriers.

Clems Army!
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:08:46 »

KO

Experience! That's how...

Can't see that happening.

Pin our hopes on some unproven youngins from Alfreton or Belington Terriers.

Norris, Delfouneso, Thomas, Murray all experienced players in this league or the champs........ we just don't have any in defence and that's our issue, once they score 1 they score a hatful as the defence go to sleep after the first.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:08:51 »

Oh, and I disagree, it is an ability thing for too many of them. But getting fit would be a start.

Ability is inextricably linked to heart and fitness. As I pointed out we've a horrible run of fixtures coming up before January, very difficult to see these players getting too many points, starting with an improving Sarfend on Tuesday. As to whether Tactics Tim, if still around, will replace the current set of misfits with another is moot.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:09:22 »

Somehow we are out the relegation zone by 1 point. Important not to lose all hope.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:10:47 »

FFS. Williams speaking. Pointless.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:13:00 »

Ability is inextricably linked to heart and fitness.

I'd say that confidence is a far bigger factor. A few results and we wouldn't look this shit, fitness or not. But where the hell are they coming from.

You can't keep eroding quality and expecting no consequences either.
woolster

« Reply #117 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:17:12 »

Power left it late to bring in players prior to our pre season games, which he stated on the radio at the end of last season wouldn't happen this season, as the saying goes "fail to prepare, prepare to fail"
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:20:59 »

Southend away Tuesday, beat Bradford 3-0, Cox and Ranger up front. Christ.

I was driving down to watch that. Not now, Not chucking my money away, when the outcome is probably inevitable. I shall have a big fat curry instead, guaranteed a warm glow from that at least.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, November 19, 2016, 17:25:00 »

Williams:
Missed the first bit about mental toughness which concluded with stuff about having to come to terms with playing in front of people and being criticised
-  Nothing that STFC are doing different to other clubs
- More direct than we were. Williams came under criticism for his style of play. They are trying to come up with a plan B, but its not easy
- Obika important player for this squad. Huge plus he came through unscathed
- On Tuesday, coaches will support, but need to be brutally honest. Just told the players that there is no hiding place and they might need to think about life without football unless they grow up quickly
- Not looking to limp through to transfer window. Going to do the best they can do. Need to be in as good a shape as possible and recruit
- Kasim ankle injury. Need to see when swelling goes down what is wrong. Might be available for Tuesday but is doubtful
- Vigs: Exempt from criticism? Overall performances have been fantastic. Doesnt deserve to be on the wrong end of 4-0 scoreline
- Talked about young players like Tom Smith watching from the bench, but would like to be out there. Hes a strong character. Can hold his own amongst this lot, but is not the sort of experience we need in so much as an experienced head to bring on others.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: