Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luggy's return  (Read 14563 times)
Lumps

« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 13:06:04 »

Look I know he left the club, but are people forgetting the situation that we were in at that time? we all need to work to pay the mortgage and bills. I'm sure Luggy's in the same boat. If your company were weeks from a winding up order and you were offered another, better job on more money what would you do?

I'm with Yeovil on his sticking his nose into club politics, but I don't know what sort of pressure to make some sort of statement might have been brought to bear on him by the club.
Spencer_White

« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 13:18:39 »

Il be clapping him. He got us over the line and we did turn out OK in the end.

His autobiography would be a good read for Town fans should he ever choose to do one.

Just agree with the sentiments against Aljofree as well. End of the day we were very close to having a club robbed of us, and an overpaid, overrated, big mouth centre half's opinion isnt going to change Paul Sturrocks legacy at the club. You can ask Aljofree, but dont tell us what to think. Paul Sturrocks time here was a mixed bag.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 13:21:03 »

Personaly I have no hard feelings towards Sturrock. He's a decent manager who came here and did a job. Not a STFC legend by any stretch of the imagination but he doesn't deserve any stick
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 13:41:00 »

Slight aside, well not really. Is Luggy even bothering to turn up tonight??

http://www.pafc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10364~1357920,00.html

ARGYLE will field a young and inexperienced side for the final friendly of the pre-season campaign at Swindon Town.

Head of Youth coaching Mike Pejic will marshal the troops at the County Ground, where former Pilgrims Lilian Nalis and Hasney Aljofree ply their trade.

Manager Paul Sturrock has decided against fielding an experienced team for the meeting with his former club, preferring to focus on training ground work ahead of Saturday's Championship opener against Wolves.
Article continues
Advertisement
Click Here!

Pejic said: "I was originally under the impression we would be taking some first-team players who hardly appeared on Saturday but that has changed, and the manager is now doing a full week of training.

"It will be a good experience for the kids, irrespective of the score. We have got some first-year apprentices as well as first-year professionals.

"I want them to give a good account of themselves. I have worked on certain things that I will need to see in the match.

"Damien McCrory has worked hard and a lot of them were very fit last season.

"I am going to try Dan Smith in a different role just behind the front man. I am also looking forward to seeing Bolasie in action.

"We are particularly inexperienced at the back with the young kid Jordan Trott. Ryan Brett will fill in at centre-back because Ben Gerring is injured."
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 13:47:23 »

Sturrock didn't dump us at the first opportunity. He could have gone to Leicester. He still left but to his 2nd favourite club (other being Dundee ofcourse) If someone offered Colin Calderwood the Swindon job I'd expect he would do the same.

Dundee is Sturrock's favourite club?  I bet you as much money as you can stump up that Dundee FC are not Sturrock's no.1 club.
dell boy

« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 13:49:46 »

Dundee United maybe?
fatbury

« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 15:10:05 »

Apparently he wont be there tonight by the looks of things .. its our first team versus their youths .. bit of an insult to be honest!

actually thinking about it .. looks like we might have a weaker side out too if Corr and other trying to gain fitness are playing ..
« Last Edit: Monday, August 4, 2008, 15:12:57 by fatbury » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 15:54:47 »

It is a home game for us so it will be a first team workout, but obviously it makes sense as it is a freindly to give Corr, Aljofree, Peacock etc a run out to help them with fitness
Rich Pullen

« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 15:56:52 »

Sturrock will be there tonight, surely!?! Not that it matters.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 15:58:08 »

Dundee United maybe?

Big flipping difference Dell.  I hate it when people refer to "Dundee Utd" as "Dundee", it's flipping lazy and disrespectful, to both clubs. Mini rrrant over.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 16:02:11 »

Big flipping difference Dell.  I hate it when people refer to "Dundee Utd" as "Dundee", it's flipping lazy and disrespectful, to both clubs. Mini rrrant over.

Fans of Manchester, Sheffield and Bristol clubs have the same hatred to that laziness.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 16:10:12 »

Agreed Rich but generally people don't forget to include the United, City, Forest, County, United or Wednesday in their names.  Gary's meant to be some super football website editor, he won't get far talk shit like Sturrock likes "Dundee".  I want a full apology, nothing more, nothing less.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 16:11:31 »

fuck the apology, lets have a lynch mob, i wouldnt worry fella all those jocks look the same anyway
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 16:18:35 »

Right that's decided then, due to this highly unprofessional error and lack of apology on STFC Gazza'a behalf, he is to be hung drawn and quartered before the Tranmere match.  Please feel free to come along to witness this historic moment in STFC's history. 

Post death his limbs will be severed and sent to the four corners of the Football league as a warning to all football website editors across the land, to not mix up to local rivals, or else.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 4, 2008, 16:20:14 »

You're only giving him the publicity he craves with that approach janaage

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: