Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Random Pointless fact of the day  (Read 7082 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 21:19:52 »

I have a similar memory.  Used to live in Freshbrook when I was a teenager and, for a while during holidays, I had a job working in the kiosk at Coate Water.  The cycle path from Toothill to Old Town was brilliant.  I used to be able to get home on my bike in less than 20 mins with a following wind.

It's a shame to think that the countryside along side the path is being built on...but people have to live somewhere, I suppose.  Strange to think that during our lifetimes we can all think of parts of Swindon that used to border countryside that are now completely surrounded by other suburbs/areas.  How many folks in Greenmeadow, for example, are now regretting the fact that the countryside is 30 mins further away than it used to be?
  I dont, i was born in Reading.(but saw the light as i came out)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2009, 22:19:55 »

I have a similar memory.  Used to live in Freshbrook when I was a teenager and, for a while during holidays, I had a job working in the kiosk at Coate Water.  The cycle path from Toothill to Old Town was brilliant.  I used to be able to get home on my bike in less than 20 mins with a following wind.

It's a shame to think that the countryside along side the path is being built on...but people have to live somewhere, I suppose.  Strange to think that during our lifetimes we can all think of parts of Swindon that used to border countryside that are now completely surrounded by other suburbs/areas.  How many folks in Greenmeadow, for example, are now regretting the fact that the countryside is 30 mins further away than it used to be?

I am not from Swindon, but do remember as a child when we used to come to Swindon that it was all countryside until we reached the Running Horse pub - the pre "west Swindon" days.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: