Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Random Pointless fact of the day  (Read 7144 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 19:34:05 »

Quote from: "arriba"
they get woodpeckers and herons down there too reg. Cool
and cunts with dogs laughing as the dogs chase the wildfowl. :evil:

Proper cunt, he could get knicked/fined for that (I think).

There have always been tons of Mallards at coate, they where cool.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 19:34:51 »

I keep mine on their leads

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 19:37:10 »

A lot of women Joggers have enormous bums.Does jogging give you a big arse?

/
W56196272
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 19:38:37 »

I remember once in Lawn woods that there was some chav letting his dog have a field day with the swans, (The swans where out of water at the time)

Clearly the dumb cunt didn't know that swans are big beasts and they fight back.

Felt sorry for the dog who got a bit hurt, but not the chav.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 19:39:59 »

Quote from: "Oevil red"
A lot of women Joggers have enormous bums.Does jogging give you a big arse?

I have never jogged and have a tiny/non-existant arse. I guess that's conclusive,
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 19:40:13 »

I walked from Rodbourne up the Old Town Cycle path down and around Coate Water, round the side of the Golf Course (Broom Manor I think?) through Old Town back down the Old Town Cycle Path along the canal and back to the Dolly Saturday Cool

It was great but couldnt help but feel a little sad that the Front Garden is being butchered :| I shall carry on to Wroughton from Coate next time.

Great walking weather at the moment....I put in  a few miles today, nothing epic, just trying to shake out a few cobwebs.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 19:45:14 »

I also saw 2 Deer , a massive  proper country Fox and a fat Rat (shuudder) My dogs tried to catch the rat :shock:

/
W56196272

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 19:50:40 »

i used to love the cycle path as a kid.i used to ride my bike from toothill where i lived, to go to my cousins house at the lawns and would only need to cross 2 roads to get there.
same when i'd go to park south to cut my nans lawn for her.
aint been along there for a while, so will dig me bike out in the summer and go back along there
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 19:53:05 »

That's one thing that I miss about blighty, is the walks and that.

Being in Bangkok it is too much of a bind getting into the countryside, beraing in mind that Bangkok is mostly surrounded by Paddy fields and stuff.

In saying that though. Big Big BIG bats are fairly common out here, I used to think that they where fruit bats but I think that fruit bats come from Africa, not sure but anyways these bats are pretty fucking big. A house that I stayed in once had a tree in the front garden that was home to one (Only one) of these bats and I could sit there all night watching the big fella up to his batty antics.

Another house that I lived in which was right out in the sticks of Bangkok had a stream running behind it, from my rear balcony there where goats galore (It was a Muslim area, hence the goats), maybe nothing overly exotic but time consumbing none the less. A much more exciting visitor was a fully grown monitor lizard, him and the goats seemed to know each and always seemed to have a bit of a stand-off without fighting. Proper David Attenborough stuff.

Whilst staying at the same house once I had to stop for a Python which was crossing the road in front of me, whilst not being an adult (Only about 8 foot) it was still an impressive sight watching this wild constrictor crossing my street. The taxi behind got a bit stressy wiv me for stopping until I pointed out what I had stopped for.

Iv'e also seen Dolphins in the wild, COOOLL   Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool , which is a rare luxury, but a luxury I can assure the.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 19:54:53 »

I also saw 2 Deer , a massive  proper country Fox and a fat Rat (shuudder) My dogs tried to catch the rat :shock:

Proper country fox, Foxes THRIVE in towns and cities, I cannot count how many I have seen.

Oh, and rats make outstanding pets. FACT.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 20:14:19 »

I could sit there all night watching the big fella up to his batty antics

That sounds so wrong
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 20:18:22 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
That's one thing that I miss about blighty, is the walks and that.

Being in Bangkok it is too much of a bind getting into the countryside, beraing in mind that Bangkok is mostly surrounded by Paddy fields and stuff.

In saying that though. Big Big BIG bats are fairly common out here, I used to think that they where fruit bats but I think that fruit bats come from Africa, not sure but anyways these bats are pretty fucking big. A house that I stayed in once had a tree in the front garden that was home to one (Only one) of these bats and I could sit there all night watching the big fella up to his batty antics.

Another house that I lived in which was right out in the sticks of Bangkok had a stream running behind it, from my rear balcony there where goats galore (It was a Muslim area, hence the goats), maybe nothing overly exotic but time consumbing none the less. A much more exciting visitor was a fully grown monitor lizard, him and the goats seemed to know each and always seemed to have a bit of a stand-off without fighting. Proper David Attenborough stuff.

Whilst staying at the same house once I had to stop for a Python which was crossing the road in front of me, whilst not being an adult (Only about 8 foot) it was still an impressive sight watching this wild constrictor crossing my street. The taxi behind got a bit stressy wiv me for stopping until I pointed out what I had stopped for.

Iv'e also seen Dolphins in the wild, COOOLL   Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool , which is a rare luxury, but a luxury I can assure the.

Big snakes and stuff you get in foreign countries are proper scary.   I was once in the Atlas Mountains, staying in this small village....there was a  flash flood,  a wall of water came down through the village ripping out bits of fields etc....a load of snakes were slithering out, trying no doubt to escape.  The local kids thought this was fun and started picking them up and waving them around......Reg :run:
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 20:24:39 »

I came across a brown snake at a farm in australia, the farmer's son just came up and twatted it with a rake. I stood very very far back at the time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 20:34:45 »

Quote from: "axs"
I came across a brown snake at a farm in australia, the farmer's son just came up and twatted it with a rake. I stood very very far back at the time.

Just as well he could tell the difference between the ophidian and your nob.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, February 17, 2008, 20:35:40 »

Iv'e think I have posted this several times.

But I was once staying up-country Thai style, Paddy fields, Wooden huts wiv corrigated tin roofs, that kind of thing that you see on Vietnam movies.

I was (Half) sleeping in the floor, and was woken up by a sound similar to tapping yours finger nails quickly on a hard surface.

I opened my eyes and no less than one foot away from me was a Giant Centipede, this thing was a monster, easily 1 foot long (maybe more) and 3 inches wide. Brightly coloured in blue, purple and red.

On seeing my I must have woke up the whole fucking village with "What the fuck, what the fuck, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT"

Our host for the night picked up a carving knife and promptly chopped the thing in half, which only doubled the problem because then we had two halfs of centipede running around all pissed off and the FRONT HALF WAS SPITTING VENOM FOR FUCKS SAKE, and in mean spitting I mean spitting it to about a FOOT IN FUCKING DISTANCE. It was also hissing very very loudly and was clearly very very pissed off.

I also was very very quickly.....  :run: , along with a few others.

I'm trying to find a piccie of said beast on the web, I'll post it when I do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: