Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Supporter representation on the board  (Read 6388 times)
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 22:37:38 »

the increased cost for me is from £16 on the day for the town end to............£19. Some context is needed, people still buy boots meal deals (even after their rediciulous price hike) people still take the train even though it cost me an extra £2 every day. It's easy to criticise the board from the outside without knowing the full extent of league two's wage cap and budgeting constraints. I still feel that it's a direct result of relegation, not some potential 'cash in on Di Canio' scenario
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 22:37:50 »

Not all businesses are the same, and as JGIAA points out football clubs are strange businesses.  Take for example the Co-Op model, where the members get to vote for the Board of Directors, who are then expected to make the best decisions for the business and membership.

Of course STFC used to be run as a Co-Op until the mid 80's....when the fateful decision to change the Articles of Association were changed.

WE know the difficult history this has given since....and a fan rep on the Board, was one of the aims, when Diamond Mike and SSW were in charge.  Think people settled back and were prepared to trust the present lot to get things right...this could now be changing, possibly slowly at first.

You're talking shit.

I work for the largest Co-operative in the world and it doesn't work like that.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 06:15:35 »

Yeah, where are the green shield stamps for a start.
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 08:27:34 »

Community schemes groom fans for the future. What the fuck has that got to do with board representation?

It's more about your assertion it's a business and nothing more and should be run as such. Are schemes actually also about doing good/giving something back or just hoovering up the next generation? Should we check the cost per young fan recruited before we see if they live or die? Ooh I feel my first flame war starting...

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 08:50:44 »

Football in the Community is run as a charity and has to raise funds though, if that's what's being referred to?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 09:50:48 »

I agree with Herthab on this one. Fans are notoriously fickle whilst the board have to do what they have to do from a financial point of view. They maybe should interact more etc. but supporters on the board, no.
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 10:00:20 »

I hereby win Knight of the day on the fact the Community Scheme is a charity. Mock me as you see fit.

However, the wider point I was going for is what is the actual point of the club? Is it solely to attempt to play at the highest level possible on the professional pyramid, or is it about other, less economic stuff, like being a focal point of the community, or something that does both by developing young football talent?

As we've been pretty useless at the first one for the vast majority of our history and so many people have talked about the social aspect of following the team, should it all be hard nosed economic decisions and if there is some community aspect to the whole thing, then who better represents that than fans?

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 15:49:26 »

Hethab should be on the Board.

He bored me and JJ Edmunds shitless at Exeter away.

Clems Army!
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 15:55:10 »

One of the aims of the Trust is to have board representation. The best way to achieve this is through shareholding.

From the Dark Side
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 15:58:48 »

As we've been pretty useless at the first one for the vast majority of our history and so many people have talked about the social aspect of following the team, should it all be hard nosed economic decisions and if there is some community aspect to the whole thing, then who better represents that than fans?

Spot on.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 15:59:00 »

Hethab should be on the Board.

He bored me and JJ Edmunds shitless at Exeter away.

Cheesy TBF I wasn't sure if it was the bloody game that bored me!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, July 13, 2011, 09:30:00 »

Cheesy TBF I wasn't sure if it was the bloody game that bored me!

In reality the banter was more amsuing than that shit!

Grella on the bench for the whole game...unbelievable!

Clems Army!
deltaincline

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 20:31:44 »

One of the aims of the Trust is to have board representation. The best way to achieve this is through shareholding.

Is there still a Trust organisation for Swindon Town? If so, what the fuck have they said about the 25 quid ticket prices for next season?

Apologies. Just found the trust website: Last updated in April. Fuck-all relevant information about anything. Brilliant.

I bet old Jezza is creaming his fucking pants at the proposal of having fan representation on the board. How about a joint effort between the trust and supporters club? The former can provide somone who's 3 months behind the times, says fuck-all and does fuck-all, and the latter an expert on quilt making and knitting. Sorted or what? Clap
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 20:40:13 by deltaincline » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: