Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Supporter representation on the board  (Read 6436 times)
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:36:18 »

Why should fans have a board presence?

Tesco's don't nominate one of their loyalty card holders to their board meetings, do they?

Football is a business and needs to be run as a business.

We don't have a strong enough fanbase to warrant representation, perhaps if we had one all encompassing supporters club, but we don't so it's a moot point.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:36:56 »

Yes, you are right.  The offers are to entice people to attend.  Over the last number of years people have taken the offers, but haven't actually continued to come, i.e. 7k average attendances, same s/t prices for 3 years.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for these offers, especially to try and get the kids to watch the Town, before they start to fully support the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Manu ...

My point was that people are only too quick to moan about the higher prices, but don't quote the good things, e.g. value for money with the season ticket.

I always miss about 4-5 matches each year.  All I do is give my ticket to my mates.  Simple.

I'll be your new best mate ... any chance of throwing in a return flight to Moscow?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:37:35 »

With what appears to be a PR own goal scored by the club, would it not be a good idea to have a designated supporters group rep on the board?

This way the board can explain their thoughts behind such as ideas as ticket increases and the supporters rep can out a feeler out for supporters views and thoughts on any preposed changes. Also the supporters can putideas to the board for them to accommodate us, I.e. Supply of certain pies, beers etc or ways of getting linters through the door. Thoughts?

The supporter view used to be put over by the trust in regular meetings with stfc, don't know if this happens anymore the trust are quiet these days
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:37:54 »

so what do you do if you're only in the country for a third of the season?

You're clearly just fucked. Part timer... Cheesy
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:39:06 »

Sad
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:43:29 »

Its pretty hard to justify increasing prices to watch an inferior league.

It wont affect me personally but to suggest there are any positives out of this is crazy.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:44:28 »

Just buy one less pint before the game.

I,m going to buy 3 more beers so i wont care about £25 . In truth people who moan obviously dont go to bars, the cinema, restaurants etc, they are way more expensive per hour, £25 these days for 2.5 hours or so is still good value, well last season wouldnt have been, but i dont feel it's extiornate.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:46:35 »

In truth people who moan obviously dont go to bars, the cinema, restaurants etc, they are way more expensive per hour, £25 these days for 2.5 hours or so is still good value.

You are talking about totally different market forces.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:48:48 »

I,m going to buy 3 more beers so i wont care about £25 . In truth people who moan obviously dont go to bars, the cinema, restaurants etc, they are way more expensive per hour, £25 these days for 2.5 hours or so is still good value, well last season wouldnt have been, but i dont feel it's extiornate.

Yep an absolute bargain compared to my usual hooker...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:53:17 »

2.5 hours?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:57:24 »

I reckon sutton has had those 3 extra beers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:58:38 »

but i dont feel it's extiornate.

I'd say it was £5-£7 more expensive than most division 4 clubs.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 19:59:18 »

Tesco's don't nominate one of their loyalty card holders to their board meetings, do they?

Whilst I agree it is a business, it is a business like no other. Unlike a supermarket people tend to be loyal to football club. If you start to piss your supporters off you alienate your customers. Unlike a supermarket which people change like their pants a club if it loses it's supporters loses revenue streams. If I don't like a supermarket or it's too expensive I go elsewhere, if a club prices people out or doesn't play well then it loses support. The thing with a club, our club is that we have an emotional attachment and you don't get that with your local supermarket. Most of us come back because we want to and because we can afford to, when you start pricing people out you then the club starts to suffer.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 20:10:50 »

I think the problem with board representation is essentially letting one busybody be a mouthpiece for all the fans and it won't work in my opinion.

The board just needs to listen to the fans that's all. Any plans which will have major effects on the club/fanbase are going to be met with much scrutiny and varying degrees of protest and revolt.
Dazzza

« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 20:19:52 »

This.

The more I read and hear about supporter representation at board level the more I cringe.
The club should interface with all fans whether it is individuals or groups and ensure that feedback is taken on board and acted upon where practical. 

You can’t please all of the people all of the time and having representation at board level in reality means fuck all when it comes to actually influencing policy.  If the majority want to push a change through it’s going to happen either way. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: