Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Wray will act fast to appoint permanent boss  (Read 10382 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:39:44 »

Honestly, I'm not quite sure at the moment.

Alan Mac has talked a really good game on the radio this season, so much so that I'd like to see him give it a go.

I was impressed with him when he commentated as well. He' s apparently still very friendly with Bodin, so I suppose there's the possibility of them linking up as a team? No proven managerial record, so could be risky, but prob no more so than the likes of Wally Downes . Massive fans favourite in his day tho and would probably bring a few more back through the gates. I'd be pleased to see him given a try. My fave player in 1989-90!

I do feel that Wray and Watkins will really try and get this decision right tho.  Let's hope they do and we're not all left feeling disappointed and underwhelmed. It will be a shame if we kick off League 2 in a air of pessimism.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:40:30 »

Dont think Trollope would be such a bad dissapointment myself, especially if it was with someone like Downes.

My thoughts also.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:43:09 »

Well with people like Downes mentioned i'd happily have Trollope here.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:45:32 »

i'm ruling out anyone that will cost compo money.
plenty of candidates that wont need paying out for.
if bodin wins the next 2 games then it could be his? not convinced he wants it though.
trollope wants it, make no mistake about that,but as time has progressed i am thinking it wont be him offered it.i think he would have come in straight away if he had been lined up for the job.

Fitton rated Trollope.....now he's gone, albeit technically into the background, I'm not convinced he'll get it.

Whoever gets it will probably need to win the first 6 games, like Wise, in order to avoid abuse. Town fans aren't happy bunnies at the moment. I'm really not liking the Downes talk....if it happens it will just prove lessons haven't been learned.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:45:47 »

I agree with Arriba, with Trollope being linked for so long, surely he'd have come in already?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:47:10 »

I agree with Arriba, with Trollope being linked for so long, surely he'd have come in already?

Well it's possible that he was lined up as head coach by Fitton with Hart DOF. Of course now Fitton isn't chairman Wray has made the decision that Hart will not be here at all. I guess with this in mind we can assume Trollope won't be happening.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:48:43 »

i think fitton would have given him the job,but recent events have meant fans need someone to rally behind.
having read bodin's comments i make him and hoddle my 2 favourites.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:49:32 »

Wasnt their rumours that Rovers hadnt sorted his pay off yet.

Probably internet bullshit but im sure it got a mention.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:49:45 »

i think fitton would have given him the job,but recent events have meant fans need someone to rally behind.
having read bodin's comments i make him fav.

Would be a disaster....
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:50:50 »

Wasnt their rumours that Rovers hadnt sorted his pay off yet.

Probably internet bullshit but im sure it got a mention.

That was true I think. Well I remember him being placed on "gardening leave" which isn't actually being sakced is it?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:51:20 »

Would be a disaster....

why? it could be but then again could work out same as any other new manager.would be a massive gamble for him personally too,and would tell us just how much he wants to succeed.
Spencer_White

« Reply #41 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:54:48 »

why? it could be but then again could work out same as any other new manager.would be a massive gamble for him personally too,and would tell us just how much he wants to succeed.

He's not a leader.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 11:55:36 »

He's not a leader.

how do you know?
Spencer_White

« Reply #43 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 12:01:54 »

I just think why write off a boss (like Trollope) who has proved he can lead a L1 club? They were always a tough game until this season.

Bodin doesnt have the charisma in my opinion. He needs to get a job and be a success in the non leagues first. We dont want another Onoura. Base the appointment on managerial ability, not playing ability.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, April 29, 2011, 12:04:02 »

Good to hear Wray and the board have clearly listened to the fans and taken on board the comments. Definitely need to move quickly to rebuild properly this summer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: