Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC Considering Future  (Read 66507 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:31:54 »

He'd be a bit of a tool if he did leave. It certainly wouldn't look good on his CV.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:32:33 »

We can all only be hopeful LS, I think it is that fact that these deals were not allowed to go through that has really pissed him off.
That was not the fault of the club though surely?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:34:08 »

Well, i suppose if they told him it would all be okay and go through and then didn't, it would be another broken promise in his eyes? Who knows...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:35:03 »

That was not the fault of the club though surely?
No this was out of control of anyone at the club which makes me think it was "just another" paoloism, vening his frustration to the general public and fans, or thats what I hope anyway.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:35:40 »

Well, i suppose if they told him it would all be okay and go through and then didn't, it would be another broken promise in his eyes? Who knows...

Which would be irrational.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:43:07 »

PDCs "breach of contract" allegation about non-consultation re Matt Ritchie and statement of his position  having been made "untenable" strike me as indicating there may be no compo claimable if he departs notwithstanding his contract and indeed that he may have been "constructively dismissed".

There are so many "ifs" but what I really regret is that we have lost a lot of money on Ritchie and we are probably losing any right to compo if PDC walks out because of the truly indecent haste with which the plug is now being pulled and losing respect as a club.  

Even if AB generously writes off debt (and tbf let's never underestimate that, it may be the most important part of the story), I feel we have let Matt Ritchie down (he could have got a better club and package than he did) and obviously PDC who has worked harder and given of himself more than anyone at the club and who could have been sat down and consulted.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:35:20 »

A bit belated but my tuppence worth:

If Paolo was serious about leaving, he would have done so already and not release statements that he is "considering his future"... he's a man of action and not words.

Given that there have been no approaches for his services in his time here, despite his success, I don't think he would walk into another job that easily and I expect he knows this.

The statement is all about leverage. He knows that he is currently the biggest asset the club has and is putting pressure on both the current board and the prospective owners to give him what he needs to get us up. He is testing them.

Despite all of my misgivings over his appointment, my outspoken opposition to him and the fact that sometimes it still doesn't rest easy with me... I felt gutted when I read that statement last night. I guess I sold out.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:37:54 »

You didn't sell out. You bought in.

In Paolo we trust.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:39:30 »

[url width=630 height=482]http://www.snspost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/trust-no-one.jpg[/url]
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:40:31 »

Pretty much my take on things Sonic, perhaps I'm just trying to convince myself but I really feel like if he wanted to go the towel would have been thrown in before now.

If this is an attempt to galvanise the troops, set the siege mentality amongst players and fans alike and getting some more bums on seats for Hartlepool next week then its a unique way of going about things, but one thing Paolo can be classified as is unique.

I hope Crawley feel the wrath of Swindon Town today.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 11:44:37 »

A bit belated but my tuppence worth:

If Paolo was serious about leaving, he would have done so already and not release statements that he is "considering his future"... he's a man of action and not words.

Given that there have been no approaches for his services in his time here, despite his success, I don't think he would walk into another job that easily and I expect he knows this.

The statement is all about leverage. He knows that he is currently the biggest asset the club has and is putting pressure on both the current board and the prospective owners to give him what he needs to get us up. He is testing them.

Despite all of my misgivings over his appointment, my outspoken opposition to him and the fact that sometimes it still doesn't rest easy with me... I felt gutted when I read that statement last night. I guess I sold out.
To use the internet forum vernacular....'this' ^^....

If he is considering his position (and I'm sure he is) there is absolutely no need to tell anyone, apart from the above.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 12:00:45 »

Hopefully this is a rallying cry to the players for today's game to show how much the gaffer means.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 12:47:33 »

Exactly, if Di Canio really wanted leave he would have quit by now. He's given the new board a way back, a chance to sit around the table and sort all this shit out. If theyre not prepared to do that then surely its because they want him to resign? May be they have a better manager lined up haha
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 13:07:15 »

For me PDC would not quit now, he'd wait until after the game and after legal wrangling over contractual release and potential compensation. He has other coaching staff that he's brought in to consider. Plus he may genuinely seeking proper information before quitting.

That doesn't mean he is definitely leaving, that doesn't mean he isn't. Just that its unlikely that the official word will come until after the game/over the weekend.

To be honest, if we can't afford him or his spending he has to go doesn't he. PDC didn't come to do a Dario Gradi steady eddie job, you can here it in him, he wants to win things. My only hope is we can keep him and the squad together until summer. Then is the time to dismantle and re-adjust our playing budget.

To use the internet forum vernacular....'this' ^^....

If he is considering his position (and I'm sure he is) there is absolutely no need to tell anyone, apart from the above.

I know it sounds unlikely, but the feeling I have is he has genuine affection for us fans. Its not impossible that he wanted to lay it straight to us personally rather than get it PR spun by the club. But he could most definitely be putting the pressure on to gain information.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 13:10:24 by Batch » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 13:40:31 »

As JJ has stated the deal was done for speed rather than the best deal for the club.

On a smaller scale I do it all the time in my business.

Consequence is........fall out.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: